ADVERTISEMENT

This thought just occurred to me relative to Burch's commitment to the Gamecocks.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
If Burch has already committed to USC one time, which he did in December. Then why is he keeping anything a secret at this point? I mean the drama should already be over, right? Because he made his announcement in December that he is committed to the Gamecocks. So why not go ahead and re-affirm his commitment to perhaps help with getting commitments from some of the other top notch recruits USC is trying to sign this weekend?

Last edited:
If Burch has already committed to USC one time, which he did in December, then why is he keeping anything a secret at this point. I mean the drama should already be over, right. Because he made his announcement in December that he is committed to the Gamecocks. So why not go ahead and re-affirm his commitment to perhaps help with getting commitments from some of the other top notch recruits USC is trying to sign this weekend?
What are you suggesting he is keeping a secret? He has done the recruiting thing his way and on his timeline. I respect a man for taking the road less traveled.

If Burch has already committed to USC one time, which he did in December, then why is he keeping anything a secret at this point. I mean the drama should already be over, right. Because he made his announcement in December that he is committed to the Gamecocks. So why not go ahead and re-affirm his commitment to perhaps help with getting commitments from some of the other top notch recruits USC is trying to sign this weekend?

How do you know he’s “keeping it a secret” from the people who have a need to know?

For all anyone knows he’s told Muschamp AND recruits like Caldwell that he’s 100% committed.

Personally I think he’s solid.

It isn't an issue with him. Just with some on this board.

I think this would be a non issue if not for the LSU visit . Bottomline is if they paid to drive 14 hours and he takes his mom there is a genuine interest . Also LSU is a National Champ and Coach O is one of the best recruiters in college football .

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I think this would be a non issue if not for the LSU visit . Bottomline is if they paid to drive 14 hours and he takes his mom there is a genuine interest . Also LSU is a National Champ and Coach O is one of the best recruiters in college football .

I doubt they paid. We are talking LSU here. The school that has Wade as their hoops coach.

Reactions: hobcawcreekcock
He hasn't made a bunch of statements/interviews this whole time.

He has basicly ignored the recruiting media/industry

His last statement was at his commitment ceremony and he committed to us

If he keeps his word and signs with us 2/5, then why should he of said anything? It would be against his track record.

He may have told the fellow recruits something, we dont know as he is not very vocal with the media.

Last edited:
He hasn't made a bunch of statements/interviews this whole time.

He has ignored the recruiting media/industry

His last statement was at his commitment ceremony and he committed to us

If he keeps his word and signs with us 2/5, then why should he of said anything? It would be against his track record.

He may have told the fellow recruits something, we dont know he is not very vocal with the media.
Exactly... If he came out over the past month or two and made a bunch of comments to the media to keep them informed of what he was doing and thinking, it would have been out of character and odd considering what he has done to this point. He seems to be a quiet kid but a straight shooter who does things his own way. The lack of comment from him implies to me there is no change to report and he will do what he said he would do- sign with us, at the later signing day with his teammates. Why is there so much speculation to the contrary? Because other guys have been tempted away by more successful programs in the past right? Key words- OTHER GUYS. Guys who liked the media attention, guys who committed, saw that attention fall off and decided to open recruiting back up to get the spotlight on them again, guys easily swayed by a good recruiter... Burch has never seemed to be that. From day one he was a reserved, family oriented guy who wants to play at a school with friends and a place close enough for his family to come see him often... Trophies and a couple “Geaux tigas” do not change the fact that LSU does not fit that bill.

why did he go there then? He says it was because he gave them his word he would... Which again is a positive- he is a man of his word. Currently he has given SC his word he will sign with us and that is good enough for me. Ya’ll can worry yourselves to death about it, make 6 more threads and toss every theory including “the invasion of the body snatchers took his brain” for all I care but this is pointless, redundant and does nothing but raise your own anxiety about something that should not be that big of a deal in your lives. We will know for sure in a couple days and nothing he says or does between now and then will comfort those who think he will switch.

How do you know he’s “keeping it a secret” from the people who have a need to know?

For all anyone knows he’s told Muschamp AND recruits like Caldwell that he’s 100% committed.

Personally I think he’s solid.

I'm not saying he isn't 100% committed. But if he is why is he so tight lipped about it now?

I'm not saying he isn't 100% committed. But if he is why is he so tight lipped about it now?

He’s been tight lipped the whole way through his recruiting.

Maybe he’s told the people who need to know, maybe not. But he had a public recruiting announcement already. He took his OV with us over the weekend, if he was flipping it’s doubtful he’d do that.

Reactions: GeoCocky
If Burch has already committed to USC one time, which he did in December. Then why is he keeping anything a secret at this point? I mean the drama should already be over, right? Because he made his announcement in December that he is committed to the Gamecocks. So why not go ahead and re-affirm his commitment to perhaps help with getting commitments from some of the other top notch recruits USC is trying to sign this weekend?

Well, in his defense, he hasn't said anything one way or the other, so there's really no reason to believe anything has changed regarding his commitment. Except...

he took that pesky self-paid visit to LSU. I assume he's not dumb, so he had to know that was going to stir up all kinds of rumors. But, again, in his defense, that's not his fault. He can't worry himself with what other people are saying/thinking.

In the end, he doesn't owe it to anyone to say anything publicly.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT