ADVERTISEMENT

This was posted on UK's site...we need to support our SEC kin

TN-Gamecock

May 10, 2002
Erwin, TN/Originally from Greer
NewTime to take action! Flood this bozos email! You can copy my letter or right your own.
memmert@ncaa.org

Dear Mr. Emmert,

I will start off by saying I am sure you are having a better day than me. My Kentucky Wildcats lost the a North Carolina team as you know should not have been playing in the tournament in the first place due to decades of academic fraud.

Let me get this out of the way first. We as Kentucky fans want our team to play anyone anywhere at anytime. We live for the big games! But we do expect equal treatment. I'm not talking about the horrible officiating that took place in favor of UNC during the first half of last nights game.

I am talking about how we got slammed in the late 80s over the recruiting scandal under Eddie Sutton's watch. We were banned from airing games on television and post season play for 2 years. We accepted our punishment, served our penalty, and moved on. No time was wasted! Swift action was taken against us!

Yet North Carolina committed nearly two decades of academic fraud and the NCAA is moving at a snails pace to resolve the matter. When all of this is finally completed are you going to go back and strip UNC of wins and championships? If so are you going to give South Carolina or Gonzaga their first ever championship if UNC defeats one of them in the title game? No, because you can't!

I'm briefly just going to mention Louisville, prostitution, strippers, money exchanged! Snails pace again.

I was thinking maybe times have changed, maybe I should give you the benefit of doubt. I'm sorry I can't do that. One reason is you were president when UK unsuccessfully tried to get Enes Kanter eligible to play and was denied. Yet that same year Cam Newton was allowed to lead Auburn to a national championship in football after committing similar mistakes before college.

The next reason the first paragraph description of you on the NCAA website.

"Mark Emmert became the fifth president of the NCAA in October 2010. As president he has championed greater support for student-athlete wellness and academic success. His commitment to the academic success of athletes is also reflected in newly heightened academic standards for initial eligibility. Additionally, he ushered a new governance structure in Division I"

I question how you can be so committed to the academic success of student athletes, yet have an institution that committed nearly two decades of academic fraud playing in the 2017 Men's NCAA tournament with a chance to win a national title over teams that have followed the rules and regulations?

Sincerely,

"The guy who posted this took the time to post a well thought out response". Good for him...
Screw the Heels....

NewTime to take action! Flood this bozos email! You can copy my letter or right your own.
memmert@ncaa.org

Dear Mr. Emmert,

I will start off by saying I am sure you are having a better day than me. My Kentucky Wildcats lost the a North Carolina team as you know should not have been playing in the tournament in the first place due to decades of academic fraud.

Let me get this out of the way first. We as Kentucky fans want our team to play anyone anywhere at anytime. We live for the big games! But we do expect equal treatment. I'm not talking about the horrible officiating that took place in favor of UNC during the first half of last nights game.

I am talking about how we got slammed in the late 80s over the recruiting scandal under Eddie Sutton's watch. We were banned from airing games on television and post season play for 2 years. We accepted our punishment, served our penalty, and moved on. No time was wasted! Swift action was taken against us!

Yet North Carolina committed nearly two decades of academic fraud and the NCAA is moving at a snails pace to resolve the matter. When all of this is finally completed are you going to go back and strip UNC of wins and championships? If so are you going to give South Carolina or Gonzaga their first ever championship if UNC defeats one of them in the title game? No, because you can't!

I'm briefly just going to mention Louisville, prostitution, strippers, money exchanged! Snails pace again.

I was thinking maybe times have changed, maybe I should give you the benefit of doubt. I'm sorry I can't do that. One reason is you were president when UK unsuccessfully tried to get Enes Kanter eligible to play and was denied. Yet that same year Cam Newton was allowed to lead Auburn to a national championship in football after committing similar mistakes before college.

The next reason the first paragraph description of you on the NCAA website.

"Mark Emmert became the fifth president of the NCAA in October 2010. As president he has championed greater support for student-athlete wellness and academic success. His commitment to the academic success of athletes is also reflected in newly heightened academic standards for initial eligibility. Additionally, he ushered a new governance structure in Division I"

I question how you can be so committed to the academic success of student athletes, yet have an institution that committed nearly two decades of academic fraud playing in the 2017 Men's NCAA tournament with a chance to win a national title over teams that have followed the rules and regulations?

Sincerely,

"The guy who posted this took the time to post a well thought out response". Good for him...
Screw the Heels....
I will say this: What the ncaa has let north Carolina get away with is total bullshit. So much so that if, IF, it successfully contends (i.e. unc in avoiding their cheating consequences), then the best thing for ALL SEC members would be to tell the ncaa to go F themselves and we form our very own "athletic association". The best thing either during or afterward would be for the Big 10 and Big12 to follow suit, and to hell with the acc as long as they're affiliated with UNcarolina.

May sound a little too harsh, but I can tell you right now that ESPN and ALL OTHER sports networks would back it - doing so would allow them to cancel all their existing contracts and start anew!!!!

Food for thought, but if unc gets away with this all based on "technicalities", then to hell with the ncaa!!!!!

Okay so UK fans complain about academic fraud after they lost, and this from a team built around the one-and-done rule. These guys maybe attend two classes in the fall, don't attend any classes in the spring semester, but are "academically" eligible to compete. Its within the rules but what a joke, NCAA is a joke.

Reactions: atl-cock
Okay so UK fans complain about academic fraud after they lost, and this from a team built around the one-and-done rule. These guys maybe attend two classes in the fall, don't attend any classes in the spring semester, but are "academically" eligible to compete. Its within the rules but what a joke, NCAA is a joke.
So weak

Your next to last sentence means UNC and your Kentucky example are polar opposites.
Your schools transgressions are indefensible

Not trying to defend Judson. Whatever happens, happens, if guilty, should be punished. But fans of a school that is building it program on OAD's has no room to talk about another school. They might as well just go to the D-league and get paid :)

You have no evidence to back any of this up. Our teams in the Cal era have generally been studious with good GPA, no off-court incidents, good citizens in the community, and are made to go to school until the day they leave campus.

Your school, on the other hand, has a documented track record of academic fraud that goes beyond anything ever seen in college athletics. The "Carolina way"

Dude you really think the OADs go to class and have a good gpa? They simply are not there for an education and I do not blame them or Cal, its just the system. All I am pointing out is dont criticize another school when yours is blatantly working the system for wins on the court and not education in the classroom.

Reactions: mUSCle Gamecock
6 years and still no independent investigation. No investigation of any other depts, other than AFAM. NCAA launches an expeditious investigation lasting a whole week so Cam can be declared eligible, but is awol for UNC to date. Says it all, doesn't it?

I dont really know man. UNC fans are not happy about it either. The NCAA needs to shit or get off the pot. Many fans think UNC has not been punished, well officially the football program did get punished and the cloud hanging over the basketball program is hurting. I know many have not noticed but its been a few years since any elite recruits have committed to UNC, the are living off 3-4 star guys now when UNC used to always get 3-4 5* guys. Ingram would have been a Heel last year if not for the NCAA. So, the longer this drags out, the longer it hurts UNC. The professor's assist has recently agreed to talk, so that should be interesting. If guilty, punish UNC, just do something vs dragging this out years and years.

I will say this: What the ncaa has let north Carolina get away with is total bullshit. So much so that if, IF, it successfully contends (i.e. unc in avoiding their cheating consequences), then the best thing for ALL SEC members would be to tell the ncaa to go F themselves and we form our very own "athletic association". The best thing either during or afterward would be for the Big 10 and Big12 to follow suit, and to hell with the acc as long as they're affiliated with UNcarolina.

May sound a little too harsh, but I can tell you right now that ESPN and ALL OTHER sports networks would back it - doing so would allow them to cancel all their existing contracts and start anew!!!!

Food for thought, but if unc gets away with this all based on "technicalities", then to hell with the ncaa!!!!!
Let's get the SEC ADs in the back room at Sambo's and feed them burgers and PBR until they reach a plan for their own ruling body.

Dude you really think the OADs go to class and have a good gpa? They simply are not there for an education and I do not blame them or Cal, its just the system. All I am pointing out is dont criticize another school when yours is blatantly working the system for wins on the court and not education in the classroom.

difference is what they are doing, although unliked, is FAIR and within the rules. What UNC did was CHEATING and they knew it for a very long time. The difference is simple. Legal vs illegal.

Reactions: roosterbell
We sure do! I bought some investment property land right down from 903, maybe a 1/4 mile. I'll be up there a lot in the summer.
Man, I reside up in Mecklenburg County (FTR I'm in Lancaster County at the moment - had to bring mom something to eat out here near Buford), next time you're up this way - lemme know and we'll meet at Sambos!!!

At least we all know how Kentucky operates and they don't hide it. It's right up front for the world to see and Coach Cal provides the Wildcats and the SEC with a national power. Year in and year out. UNC hides their infractions and the NCAA is too afraid to do anything about it. The Tar Heels shouldn't be allowed to compete in any sport until they clean house and do their time - like a man.
What he said GD it!!!!

Perhaps the NCAA is a joke. Perhaps the rules are a joke. But UNC isn't even following the joke rules, so what does that make them???? Something way beyond a joke!!!

Reactions: bitemeiptay
Okay so UK fans complain about academic fraud after they lost, and this from a team built around the one-and-done rule.

Guy, I got news for you. UK fans have been complaining about the academic fraud trainwreck that's been going on down in UNC (that's been not having a blasted thing done about it) ....... looooooooooong BEFORE we ever lost this last game to UNC.

Be kind to your SEC supporters. I hope that USC wins it all! We ALL do.

Last edited:
Reactions: aj&uscgrad
Not trying to defend Judson. Whatever happens, happens, if guilty, should be punished. But fans of a school that is building it program on OAD's has no room to talk about another school. They might as well just go to the D-league and get paid :)
One and done is perfectly legal and acceptable. You can hardly compare it to the fraud that has occurred at NC.

Reactions: wildcatwolverine

Yes, I know FOR A FACT that the "OADs" go to class. They do. This is verifiable. Cal tries to get the best players, just like Roy and K and all of the others (Roy even admits that he tried to get most of the UK players, but he lost).

Your school, on the other hand, is guilty of a decades-long academic fraud system that spans multiple teams, multiple coaches, and multiple sports. Apples and oranges.

ADVERTISEMENT