ADVERTISEMENT

This would never happen at Clemson. Ever.

Innovative ideas are always met with skepticism.
Just like the Cockabooses 40 yrs ago of which this property is a byproduct.
Many people on the Board and Administrative level have been frustrated for years with their inability to acquire that private property. I brought forth an idea that not only allowed us to acquire the property for an amount the owners were willing to accept, but also spins off millions in scholarships dollars for Gamecock families affected by cancer. We are prepared to donate that awkwardly placed property and shift the project to a position many at USC felt and suggested would be more appropriate.

Whatever the issue and no matter how well intentioned the poster, I flinch when I see a header like this one. Can we at least not act like we are OWNED?
Certainly, as in any industry, you monitor your competitors and look for any ideas you may want to emulate but we can't be Clemson. Or Georgia. Or Boise State or Louisiana Lafayette for that matter.
There are historical and cultural elements unique to every university> All of which are impossible to replicate here. But one overriding characteristic you will find among the successful ones is pride and self-esteem.
Interestingly enough I see it from our AD and the various coaches. A quick glance through any message board (not just here) tells a different story.
I worry more about that than the wherewithal of those in charge.

What happens when this thing is full?
Where do the funds come from to maintain the structure and grounds?
Will there be a "regime fee" for this purpose?
How often will those fees rise over time?
I suppose you could remove your loved-one's ashes and vacate but will you be able to sell the spot or will it revert to the original developers?

This isn't anything I would be interested in doing but then again, I don't worship CFB, not even the Gamecocks.

Just a reminder, but our soccer stadium/field is nicknamed "The Graveyard", due to the cemetery located right beside it. One of the coolest venue nickname in sports, in my opinion.

Innovative ideas are always met with skepticism.
Just like the Cockabooses 40 yrs ago of which this property is a byproduct.
Many people on the Board and Administrative level have been frustrated for years with their inability to acquire that private property. I brought forth an idea that not only allowed us to acquire the property for an amount the owners were willing to accept, but also spins off millions in scholarships dollars for Gamecock families affected by cancer. We are prepared to donate that awkwardly placed property and shift the project to a position many at USC felt and suggested would be more appropriate.

Dude your land grab is creepy. Move on. Come on Whit I knew you years ago. What happened to you? Need some help?? $$? Do not need your phone number, have seen enough.

I know they say USC is the graveyard for coaches but I think this is taking it a little too far
Clemson has had some graveyard coaches of it's own, most recently Mr. Tommy Bowden who was granted a great extension then fired and walked away from Tillman Hall laughing all the way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT