ADVERTISEMENT

Thornwell on AP All-America team?

bdblack

Mar 29, 2002
Well, he's not on the first team, ... or second, ... or third. AP release says it's probably because they voted after the SEC tournament and before the NCAA tournament began. Yes, I know how we finished, but is this about individual players or team standings? Thornwell's stats match up with anybody in the country before March Madness began! This just confirms to me my suspicions about sportswriters, which are not very flattering!

Reactions: okccock
I've never been a fan of individual awards in team sports based on the team's performance. That seems like the lazy man's way to decide who deserves the award.

Reactions: bdblack
Well, he's not on the first team, ... or second, ... or third. AP release says it's probably because they voted after the SEC tournament and before the NCAA tournament began. Yes, I know how we finished, but is this about individual players or team standings? Thornwell's stats match up with anybody in the country before March Madness began! This just confirms to me my suspicions about sportswriters, which are not very flattering!
The vote comes before the tournament, just like the Heisman vote, and most other sports related awards, comes before the entire season/body of work is complete. Not sure how that ever makes sense......

I've never been a fan of individual awards in team sports based on the team's performance. That seems like the lazy man's way to decide who deserves the award.
Considering who does the voting, don't you think "lazy man's way" is stating the obvious? :rolleyes:

shouldn't have made a difference but maybe his 6 game suspension had something to do with it.

Yep...glad that Sind got recognized today 1st team All American by CBS Sports.
Congratulations Sindarious Thornwell!! Well deserved!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT