ADVERTISEMENT

Those of y'all going to the Belk Bowl - where are you parking?

Most are parking at the train station (forgot what they call it) and taking that to the stadium. Round trip is $4 but reading on some Panthers websites it can get congested after games but that's with a full stadium I'm guessing.

Most are parking at the train station (forgot what they call it) and taking that to the stadium. Round trip is $4 but reading on some Panthers websites it can get congested after games but that's with a full stadium I'm guessing.
The light rail station at South Blvd is probably the one you're talking about. That's what I'd do too unless I was going to get a hotel room and make a weekend of it. Even if I did, I'd still try to go to places easily accessible from the LR. Here's a tip. Check the train schedule online and be there 10 min before it leaves. If you miss it, there's not another scheduled for 30 min on weekends.

I hate paying $30 just for a parking spot, but then again I don't want to pull a Birmingham Bowl again and park in some dude's yard while he tries to sell me some weed.

But think of the cultural experience and stories you have.

In fact you should address the team before the first regular season game. Maybe it’ll motivate the boys to get to at least 8 wins. LOL

I-77 north
Take 485 towards Pineville
Take the 1st exit you come to - "South Blvd."
Turn left at the top of the ramp onto South Blvd
At the very 1st stop light you come to - turn left into the Light Rail station.
Park for free, and take the Light Rail all the way up to the Stonewall stop for $4 per person (round trip)
Get off the train and go down the stairs and follow the crowd to the Stadium 3 blocks away.

It doesn't get any easier or less hassle than that. The light rail won't be crowded either direction.

I'll share a hint I was told by a friend who has season tickets to the Panthers. After the game you want to be one of the first to get on the train because the longer you wait the harder it is. The train stops for the night at 12 I think he said but I think that's more to do with night games and since our game will be out by 330-4 it shouldn't be a problem.

I'll share a hint I was told by a friend who has season tickets to the Panthers. After the game you want to be one of the first to get on the train because the longer you wait the harder it is. The train stops for the night at 12 I think he said but I think that's more to do with night games and since our game will be out by 330-4 it shouldn't be a problem.
Isn't that just common sense?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT