ADVERTISEMENT

Thought I was a die hard fan but I swear.....

nursegirl25

Aug 29, 2005
I could not have told you Ellis Johnson is listed as an analyst on the coaching staff. I somehow missed that one. Must be the heat!

I could not have told you Ellis Johnson is listed as an analyst on the coaching staff. I somehow missed that one. Must be the heat!
Since the initial announcement that it was happening, Ellis hasn't exactly been in the spotlight. I can't remember seeing his name in an article a single time last season.

He has a good reputation with SC hs coaches, Rock Hill has been good to Coach Johnson and USC.

We need more analysts, preferably some analysts who has a son who is a top recruit and will follow him, money better spent legally in today's recruiting reality.

We should hire Keith Henry from Charlotte formerly of wake forest, tell him he gets the new positional job on the staff next year when the NCAA allows the increase.

Coach Henry has worked our camps as Muschamp who is personally recruiting KJ is building a relationship.

Look at what his son KJ Henry 5 star DE says about Charlotte.

"There is nothing hidden here," said Henry. "My dad coaches at Charlotte now and I've always been a family man. That's why they're getting this chance. I'd like to see what they're going to do this year but my dad coaching there gives them a better chance than people .think.

That is what we should do. The Bentley move has worked well for us, hasn't it? We got a great coach and a great player, maybe we should do it gain by design.

We get Sandidge and Henry in a class, that is good start on getting our DL is on its way back.

Look at 5 Star Trey Smith OL last year, vols hired his sister as part of their football relations team, and then they get a 5 Star. It was smart by them, we need to get a 5 star at DE in this cycle. Their not always multiple 5 star ones in our general vicinity like this year for a position. We cant strike out.

Last edited:
Muschamp knows defense, Id rather have a analysts who has a son who is a top recruit and will follow him, money better spent legally in today's reality.

Ellis was here last year and our defense still looked pretty bad at the end, we cant let actually position coaches go, to early.

We should let Ellis go and hire Keith Henry from Charlotte formerly of wake forest, tell him he gets the new positional job on the staff next year when the NCAA allows the increase.

Coach Henry has worked our camps as Muschamp who is personally recruiting KJ is building a relationship.

"There is nothing hidden here," said Henry. "My dad coaches at Charlotte now and I've always been a family man. That's why they're getting this chance. I'd like to see what they're going to do this year but my dad coaching there gives them a better chance than people .think.

That is what we should do. The Bentley move has worked well for us, hasn't it? Do it again!

We get Sandidge and Henry in a class, that is good start on getting our DL is on its way back.

Look at 5 Star Trey Smith OL last year, vols hired his sister as part of their football relations team, and then they get a 5 Star. It was smart by them, we need to get a 5 star at DE in this cycle. Their not always multiple 5 star ones in our general vicinity like this year. We cant strike out.

Totally disagree with your idea. EJ has a better relationship with SC, and probably NC high school coaches than anyone, I repeat .... anyone, who has ever coached football for us in the last 40-50 years. He's the one who locked down our state during the glory years, and grabbed quite a few from NC too. The Rock Hill connection (Clowney, Gilmore etc.) was his baby! Yeah, I know he's no longer involved with recruiting, but I'm sure he's probably had to smooth out a few hurt feelings, considering the recruiting whiffs our present staff has lost. As for last year's defense, I'm frankly not impressed with the teaching and coaching skills of anyone on that side of the ball .... including Muschamp!

Muschamp knows defense, Id rather have a analysts who has a son who is a top recruit and will follow him, money better spent legally in today's recruiting reality.

Ellis was here last year and our defense still looked pretty bad at the end, we cant let actually position coaches go, to early, they are working with little talent.

We should let Ellis go and hire Keith Henry from Charlotte formerly of wake forest, tell him he gets the new positional job on the staff next year when the NCAA allows the increase.

That is what we should do. The Bentley move has worked well for us, hasn't it? Do it again!

Look at 5 Star Trey Smith OL last year, vols hired his sister as part of their football relations team, and then they get a 5 Star. It was smart by them, we need to get a 5 star at DE in this cycle. Their not always multiple 5 star ones in our general vicinity like this year for a position. We cant strike out.
You do remember we were coming off a 3 win season last year? Nobody expected our defense to be gang busters but we did double the wins. All the hiring and replacing looks good on paper but there's a lot involved. Bentley simply came back home it just happens Jake is his son and he came with him. Coach Bentley is also a very talented football coach who could gone other places. Just making a point.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Muschamp knows defense, Id rather have a analysts who has a son who is a top recruit and will follow him, money better spent legally in today's recruiting reality.

Ellis was here last year and our defense still looked pretty bad at the end, we cant let actually position coaches go, to early, they are working with little talent.

Disagree also. I don't see any reason to "let Ellis go". Pretty sure we have the resources to hire additional off-field personnel, if needed.

Reactions: Gradstudent
Disagree also. I don't see any reason to "let Ellis go". Pretty sure we have the resources to hire additional off-field personnel, if needed.

I agree 100%, 360 by me, Thanks Jimnasium and Johnnyplaid, i have edited my post.

I still like my idea of hiring KJ father but changed the other opinions

Please enjoy the gif designed for you 2.

tenor.gif

Last edited:
Ouch! However, I don't think Fedora left the pantry stocked with talent.

Really...?
Fedora was there 4 years posting a winning record all 4 years (7-6, 7-6, 8-4, 12-2) and went to a bowl game each year, winning 2 of the 4. His last year, before Ellis took over, the 12-2 record earned him a #20 ranking after the bowls.

With Johnson's 0-12 record, folks gonna have to find some other reason other than lack of talent.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
We need more analysts, preferably some analysts who has a son who is a top recruit and will follow him, money better spent legally in today's recruiting reality.

We should hire Keith Henry from Charlotte formerly of wake forest, tell him he gets the new positional job on the staff next year when the NCAA allows the increase.

That is what we should do. The Bentley move has worked well for us, hasn't it? We got a great coach and a great player, maybe we should do it gain by design.

I think we should do what's best for the program longterm. If Henry is truly a good coach, then give him a chance. But if we're only hiring him for his son, then I disagree.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT