ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Charlie Strong for DC?

It appears that USF has let him go... Does he have what it takes to be a DC?
Will not be happening. What a sad trajectory for Charlie Strong's career. From NC at Florida a DC, to Louisville success as HC, to disappointment at Texas, to USF, to fired.

Reactions: howard13
Rather testy... Thanks...

Thats King... He shoots straight forward.. He is a good dude, and I must say I agree with him on this post. The DC position is exactly what it is going to be.. Personally, I would rather have T-Rob with that title than Charlie anyway.

We Cannot stop anybody on 3D down, he could not either. He has a lot of experience and can recruit. Why would he work for Chump?

No another retread, time to move on getting a coach that has not been fired half a dozen times. Gosh fired at Texas and Florida school. You all remember the famous defense 3rd and long another first down. Could not stop anybody on 3rd down for the most part. Find a coach who will lay is own path out. start here like Bimbo in the upstate. Time to find winners make our own winners too. One more thought anyhow do you think really Boom will be coaching here in 2021? Most will say no and about the same with Ray as well. I cannot see this team winning 7 games will be hard-pressed for 6. That is what it is going to take next year for Boom to keep his job.

Last edited:
It won't happen, but he'd be a great DC here. I'd be shocked if we hired a DC.

Hate to see things not work out at USF, I think highly of Charlie.
You don't remember "3rd and long Charlie Strong" when Lou was here???

Jeez how could ANYONE FORGET???

Will not be happening. What a sad trajectory for Charlie Strong's career. From NC at Florida a DC, to Louisville success as HC, to disappointment at Texas, to USF, to fired.
A job too far. Lots of coaches fall into that trap. They get into their honey spot and then they leave it. Dietzel did it. Chuck Fairbanks (you old-timers remember him?) did it. Spurrier did it. Danny Ford should have never taken another job after UPC, although that was a different situation. A guy gets into a favorable fit and then ambition and restlessness undo him. It's a syndrome. Strong should have never left Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT