ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on UNC game

mtnrooster

Oct 3, 2006
Running game, good, will probably improve. Passing game alright for a first game with MItch, will probably improve. Defense, good, and will also improve. Special teams very good. The thing that disappoints most is Spurrier.
Steve has been at this for a long time. But his play calling at critical times seems to be his weakness, strange for a person who has been a head coach for hundreds of years and who played the game. And this glaring weakness is admitted by coach after almost every game. Why is this a weakness? Why can't he fix it? The call to go for a first and one deep in NC territory instead of going for the sure three was alright, but the play sucked. Up the middle when our backs could have taken it outside for the first? Every UNC player was stacked in the middle as expected. (How many of you would have liked to see Carson get the ball on a toss sweep?)

I suspect he takes the blame for other people sometimes.

Running game, good, will probably improve. Passing game alright for a first game with MItch, will probably improve. Defense, good, and will also improve. Special teams very good. The thing that disappoints most is Spurrier.
Steve has been at this for a long time. But his play calling at critical times seems to be his weakness, strange for a person who has been a head coach for hundreds of years and who played the game. And this glaring weakness is admitted by coach after almost every game. Why is this a weakness? Why can't he fix it? The call to go for a first and one deep in NC territory instead of going for the sure three was alright, but the play sucked. Up the middle when our backs could have taken it outside for the first? Every UNC player was stacked in the middle as expected. (How many of you would have liked to see Carson get the ball on a toss sweep?)

I have to disagree a little. The only bad calls to me were on the drive with Orth on the QB sneak and the previous play run wide. For me either or both plays should have been Wilds between the tackles. I think the rest of the game was called well. We HAVE to find some other receivers who know how to get open. That is a problem. A nd teach Wilds and Adams how to cradlethe football. They both leave it hanging out there as a target

Hope UNC"s defense is better then last year and hope our offense had the first game jitters.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT