ADVERTISEMENT

Ticket Availability/Price Outside Stadium

HTCock

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2003
Good afternoon!

I’m curious to know if anyone purchased tickets around the stadium before the UcheaT game and how much they were going for compared to face value.

It would be a last minute thing, but hoping to come down on Saturday and watch some history!

Go ‘Cocks!

Last edited:
Not sure how that would work this year, as all tickets to gain entry into Williams Brice have to be digital. As in, on your phone, and scans. Am I in correct in seeing this?

Reactions: HTCock
Good afternoon!

I’m curious to know if anyone purchased tickets around the stadium before the UcheaT game and how much they were going for compared to face value.

It would be a last minute thing, but hoping to come down on Saturday and watch some history!

Go ‘Cocks!

I used to enjoy the supply and demand haggle outside the gates. Not sure that is a great strategy this season. I do hope you get an answer.

I think your best shot is if you buy 4. If it’s less that 4, that person has to be comfortable sitting with a stranger.

I did not see anyone selling tickets at the Tennessee game. Above post is correct in saying all tickets are digital this year (no paper tickets).
Go Cocks!!

I used to enjoy the supply and demand haggle outside the gates. Not sure that is a great strategy this season. I do hope you get an answer.

I think your best shot is if you buy 4. If it’s less that 4, that person has to be comfortable sitting with a stranger.
Thank you for all of the responses!

Yes - I agree about the haggling! My family thinks I deserve to be the third statue outside W-B. George Rogers, the Bronze Rooster, and then, my likeness sticking up 2 fingers 5 minutes before kickoff!

I purchased 2 tickets per home game on the Lower West Side. All the tickets face value was $80.00 per ticket plus then they tacked on the Seat Tax. I questioned the Gamecock Club Staff over the telephone about the difference in in what i paid as a Full Scholarship Donor and the price any "Joe Blow" off the street paid after the Mini Packs had been sold to Gamecock Club Members and they opened tickets to the Public. I paid $740.00 for the 6 tickets i bought for Mini Pack A, Then a week later i paid $530.00 for the 4 tickets i purchased for Mini Pack B. That is a total of $1270.00 for 10 tickets. Some people may not have a problem with this but i think it is crazy for them to charge Gamecock Club Members more than the Non Gamecock Club Members after realizing they were having problems selling all the tickets available. (My Opinion)...

I purchased 2 tickets per home game on the Lower West Side. All the tickets face value was $80.00 per ticket plus then they tacked on the Seat Tax. I questioned the Gamecock Club Staff over the telephone about the difference in in what i paid as a Full Scholarship Donor and the price any "Joe Blow" off the street paid after the Mini Packs had been sold to Gamecock Club Members and they opened tickets to the Public. I paid $740.00 for the 6 tickets i bought for Mini Pack A, Then a week later i paid $530.00 for the 4 tickets i purchased for Mini Pack B. That is a total of $1270.00 for 10 tickets. Some people may not have a problem with this but i think it is crazy for them to charge Gamecock Club Members more than the Non Gamecock Club Members after realizing they were having problems selling all the tickets available. (My Opinion)...

You're spot on. The Gamecock Club administration has little regard for members. Just got a 2020 Football
Guide, three weeks into the season. It gets smaller and cheaper looking yearly.

Last edited:
You're spot on. The Gamecock Club administration has little regard for members. Just got my 2020 Football
Guide, three weeks into the season. It gets smaller and cheaper looking yearly.
I asked about the 2020 Media Guide when i purchased my tickets and they told me they were not going to have them this year. So after reading your above post i called the Gamecock Club and i got transferred to three different people that could not give me an answer if they had them or not. I left the last person i spoke with my Name, Telephone Number and Booster Number and was told they would see what they could find out and call me back. (I am not holding my breath)... At this time i don't think i will remain a Member of the Gamecock Club. They don't seem to care whether "We Loyal Gamecock Fans" are satisfied or not with their pathetic work ethics to make the people that pay their salaries happy. I pay enough money to Spectrum and can watch the Games on TV instead of continuing to go through the stress of dealing with their BS.

I asked about the 2020 Media Guide when i purchased my tickets and they told me they were not going to have them this year. So after reading your above post i called the Gamecock Club and i got transferred to three different people that could not give me an answer if they had them or not. I left the last person i spoke with my Name, Telephone Number and Booster Number and was told they would see what they could find out and call me back. (I am not holding my breath)... At this time i don't think i will remain a Member of the Gamecock Club. They don't seem to care whether "We Loyal Gamecock Fans" are satisfied or not with their pathetic work ethics to make the people that pay their salaries happy. I pay enough money to Spectrum and can watch the Games on TV instead of continuing to go through the stress of dealing with their BS.
Call & ask for Patrick. Received mine little while back, this yrs version looks like a glorified game day program:-(

Just a heads up - got in for $20!! Go ‘Cocks!!!
Did you have to go inside with the owner of the ticket ( who you paid ) ? Or did they transfer the virtual ticket to your account and they scanned your phone? ? Or did you pay the gate girl the $20 bucks :). ? Curious how it works this year for scalpers .

Todays game upper deck was $125v, I refused to pay

Did you have to go inside with the owner of the ticket ( who you paid ) ? Or did they transfer the virtual ticket to your account and they scanned your phone? ? Or did you pay the gate girl the $20 bucks :). ? Curious how it works this year for scalpers .
Ha!!! No. There were 2 or 3 scalper-types w/paper tickets near the entrance to Gamecock Park. They said "Comp" on them so maybe they were for faculty/staff. He said they were $30 and I offered $20. He took it immediately (probably could have gotten it for $15 or even $10 if I'd have wanted to slow play him). He'd been there for a while -so I asked, "If this won't scan, will you give me my $ back?" He said, "yes." I then immediately took it to a nearby police officer who said it was legit. I scanned it w/no problem! So....electronic tickets only was a myth. I'll definitely try it again! Go 'Cocks!!!

Reactions: PC31
I asked because I called the ticket office before the Tennessee game and asked if I could print mine. It would have been easier since we had one arriving late. They said “ only” digital tix. I took them for their word. —- Things could have changed since then . I imagine getting groups in on group tickets would be a nightmare with digital only. I’d guess the Comp tix were part of a group or free tix . Scalpers will always find away. They have some pretty good connections. Thanks for the reply. Glad - you made it in.
Go Cocks.

Ha!!! No. There were 2 or 3 scalper-types w/paper tickets near the entrance to Gamecock Park. They said "Comp" on them so maybe they were for faculty/staff. He said they were $30 and I offered $20. He took it immediately (probably could have gotten it for $15 or even $10 if I'd have wanted to slow play him). He'd been there for a while -so I asked, "If this won't scan, will you give me my $ back?" He said, "yes." I then immediately took it to a nearby police officer who said it was legit. I scanned it w/no problem! So....electronic tickets only was a myth. I'll definitely try it again! Go 'Cocks!!!
$10-20 tickets. Circa 1997-98 prices and 3rd quarter crowd size.

Got 2 for $20 each at 11:50 before the Auburn game today. First offer/no haggling. East upper but we sat West Lower with no problems. Ticketmaster printed tickets. They were legit. Beautiful day and a great win.

Electronic only will always be a myth because not everyone has a smart phone. Many places won't alienate people who don't have phones.

$10-20 tickets. Circa 1997-98 prices and 3rd quarter crowd size.
Well, we might have seen some of those together...Still remember Boo Williams taking the opening kick vs. Vandy to the house...and that stupid pitch Troy Hambrick fumbled against Clem in '97!

I did not see anyone selling tickets at the Tennessee game. Above post is correct in saying all tickets are digital this year (no paper tickets).
Go Cocks!!
There were paper tickets being sold outside the stadium today. Didn’t seem them against UT but there paper tickets being sold today.

Electronic only will always be a myth because not everyone has a smart phone. Many places won't alienate people who don't have phones.

It sure is nice we have Gamecock Central to expose the fact that we have been lied to by our own university and ticket office about the availability of paper tickets. I can’t tell you how many times I have heard there are “only electronic tickets” this year. It’s hard to build trust through misinformation.

This is common with NFL games also . They like people to believe that only mobile tickets exist however paper tickets are around both comps and premium tickets can be found using paper stock.

One has to wonder why so many teams keep trying to float the idea that only mobile tickets are being used. There has to be something behind this ... perhaps covid this year.. but as was the case in many NFL venues paper tickets have to be offered by law for those who request them.

So you and the scalper basically paid for a ticket that was free to the individual who sold it initially.

It’s the barcode that matters. You can put it on a napkin as long as the scanner can read it.

I don’t understand why anyone would want a paper ticket in 2020, but one can easily turn any e-ticket in to a paper one with a little IT savvy.

Got into the stadium with digital tickets given to us by a friend and transferred via phone. Sat in 503 for the first quarter and part of second, then we met up with some friends that were in the new 400 level Traditions Club before halftime. They walked the four of us down to their seats and we sat there the rest of the game with no hassles. Don't know if we were just lucky because there was no attendant when we walked in, or just that because of Covid no one really cares where you sit, as long as no one is sitting there. None the less, the Traditions Club is spectacular and we had a great time. It was also nice to have a few beers while watching the game.

So you and the scalper basically paid for a ticket that was free to the individual who sold it initially.
I'd say that is accurate. He and another guy had a slew of them. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether the ticket office sold/circulated these to the scalpers just to get more folks in the stadium.

. The conspiracy theorist in me wonders whether the ticket office sold/circulated these to the scalpers just to get more folks in the stadium.

More than likely what happened is the ticket office distributed many groups of comp seats to youth and vet groups and somewhere those were sold off to scalpers instead of being passed out as was expected.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT