ADVERTISEMENT

TID commits to UGA.*

Not only is the state down this year overall in recruiting, but we are barely a factor with the top recruits that are in SC. We don't have a single recruit in the top five committed to us from SC. If that isn't a good indicator of the current state of the program, I don't know what is. We are on track to have the worst recruiting class in decades...I think since 2000 (I could be wrong since I don't follow it super close). I just don't understand how that is acceptable to our administration.

Last edited:
Not only is the state down this year overall in recruiting, but we are barely a factor with the top recruits that are in SC. We don't have a single recruit in the top five committed to us from SC. If that isn't a good indicator of the current state of the program , I don't know what is. We are on track to have the worst recruiting class in decades...I think since 2000 (I could be wrong since I don't follow it super close). I just don't understand how that is acceptable to our administration.
Compare that to spurriers first five years

Muschamp concentrating on Alaska and the Eskimos.
giphy.gif

Not only is the state down this year overall in recruiting, but we are barely a factor with the top recruits that are in SC. We don't have a single recruit in the top five committed to us from SC. If that isn't a good indicator of the current state of the program , I don't know what is. We are on track to have the worst recruiting class in decades...I think since 2000 (I could be wrong since I don't follow it super close). I just don't understand how that is acceptable to our administration.
We are getting further and further from being relevant. I'm 77 been following the Gamecocks since ‘53 and Im at a loss of hope that we’ll win more tha 6 or 7 games in any of the next 6/7 years. And that includes our share of cupcakes.
Ray Tanner has let us down big time. He was the boss when we were last relevant and he handled the Spurrier exit like the rookie AD he was. The subsequent hiring of Muschamp, a coach nobody else wanted, turned out to be dumpster fire that a lot of the experts thought it would be. And then to jump in there with that ridiculous extension and buy out agreement is a disaster. Maybe it seemed ok to many people at the time but all things are judged by their results. And we know what the results have been and continue to be.

We are getting further and further from being relevant. I'm 77 been following the Gamecocks since ‘53 and Im at a loss of hope that we’ll win more tha 6 or 7 games in any of the next 6/7 years. And that includes our share of cupcakes.
Ray Tanner has let us down big time. He was the boss when we were last relevant and he handled the Spurrier exit like the rookie AD he was. The subsequent hiring of Muschamp, a coach nobody else wanted, turned out to be dumpster fire that a lot of the experts thought it would be. And then to jump in there with that ridiculous extension and buy out agreement is a disaster. Maybe it seemed ok to many people at the time but all things are judged by their results. And we know what the results have been and continue to be.

Your right. The window Muschamp had is now closed. The high level recruits wouldn't come and each pounding taken every week just runs off that many more. The average recruit now will be high 2 star or low ranked 3 star. Just look at the rankings for the 21 class. It's pathetic.

• Sad
Reactions: Brace1
Your right. The window Muschamp had is now closed. The high level recruits wouldn't come and each pounding taken every week just runs off that many more. The average recruit now will be high 2 star or low ranked 3 star. Just look at the rankings for the 21 class. It's pathetic.

It is like watching a train wreck in slo mo. We know how it is going to end, but there is a morbid fascination with watching the destruction.

Am I being too hard or overly critical? Maybe I need a good strong dose of liquid sunshine.

And some on this board still think we are better than Kentucky. SOS started the decline towards the end of his tenure and Muskrat continues to exasperate it.

If you want to win championships you do not come here. You go to schools that win championships already. You come here to beat teams like Vandy and KY (maybe).

Last edited:
  • Sad
It bothers the hell out of me that I don't care anymore. I used to live and die with every game, lying in bed at night replaying the wins and losses. A lot of us older fans don't think we'll live long enough to see the Gamecocks relevant in college football.

• Sad
Not only is the state down this year overall in recruiting, but we are barely a factor with the top recruits that are in SC. We don't have a single recruit in the top five committed to us from SC.

So to be clear, you’re admitting that instate talent is down, but then turn around and bemoan the fact that none of the top 5 are committed here?

Reactions: jeff2001
Well with an unprecedented 3 top 150 players in 2022 from my district Greenville county. Trust me when I say this , we probably wont get any 1 of them as of right now.
Let me add this. Jeadyn Ludus from Mauldin 2022 is a little overrated. TOB has him as a 5 star. No way is he a 5 star. He is a DB and a top 100.
Collin Sadler from Greenville High, I very very in the know on this kid. Trust me it will be close to impossible to keep him from going to Clemson. I just cant get into any details I promised I wouldnt .
Jaleel Skinner from Greer , I've seen this kid he looks like Jared Cook long big arms and long legs. We lead on him until Clemson offered him. So I dont know what he will do. He is a 4star talent, but only a 2 star on stats. They (Greer football) dont get him the ball much. He may have 10 catches all year. Freakish looking athlete tho

Clemson fan here (not looking to be banned). This guy wasn't even on Clemson's radar and to my knowledge, didn't have an offer. This is the worst year of recruits in the state of South Carolina I can ever remember. Clemson is only taking one player from the State and many of our fans are not happy with that take (except for baseball fans because he will play both and is highly rated there).

Reactions: 76MACC
Because of the buyout, we're going to have two lost recruiting cycles, screwing the next guy and making it a tougher sell to potential coaches.

Let me add this. Jeadyn Ludus from Mauldin 2022 is a little overrated. TOB has him as a 5 star. No way is he a 5 star. He is a DB and a top 100.
Collin Sadler from Greenville High, I very very in the know on this kid. Trust me it will be close to impossible to keep him from going to Clemson. I just cant get into any details I promised I wouldnt .
Jaleel Skinner from Greer , I've seen this kid he looks like Jared Cook long big arms and long legs. We lead on him until Clemson offered him. So I dont know what he will do. He is a 4star talent, but only a 2 star on stats. They (Greer football) dont get him the ball much. He may have 10 catches all year. Freakish looking athlete tho
Can I add 1 more thing. Nobody and I mean nobody is recruiting these kids harder than Bobby Bentley. Nobody!!!! He is a upstate high school coaching legend and it stands to reason he is recruiting this area.If you really want what's best for USC football hope we somehow turn it around in the 2nd half of the season. It's just hard to recruit against NC trophies if you are not showing bigtime progress. But none of these kids will commit to anybody anytime soon.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT