ADVERTISEMENT

Tied with Coastal in football recruiting

I won’t settle for anything less then 1st best in the State. CC had a heck of a run and we have been doing bad for awhile. If CC keeps up their momentum they will be tuff to compete with in recruiting…… AND on the field if we have to play them.
I’m hoping Beamer gets us going in an upward trajectory. It’s been like 8 years and I’m tired of waiting. I’m just frustrated with the bullcrap from the Ray Tanner regime and I’m just over it.

Last edited:
Coastal has 20 of 22 starters returning this season and had the 2nd best class in the Sunbelt behind App State, and had some good transfers in from P5 programs. Grayson McCall will be a sophomore and as long he’s healthy, they’re a threat to win 10+ games each of the next 3 seasons. The good news in all that is that if they win 30+ games over the next 3 seasons, Jamie Chadwell won’t be there anymore.

Reactions: DeBoer31
Coastal has 20 of 22 starters returning this season and had the 2nd best class in the Sunbelt behind App State, and had some good transfers in from P5 programs. Grayson McCall will be a sophomore and as long he’s healthy, they’re a threat to win 10+ games each of the next 3 seasons. The good news in all that is that if they win 30+ games over the next 3 seasons, Jamie Chadwell won’t be there anymore.

Really, as a Gamecock fan, who cares?

Really, as a Gamecock fan, who cares?

I don’t know you and don’t give a shit if you care or not. I responded to the thread, not for your reading pleasure. I “care” because I live in Conway, like the fact they’re having success, and think Carolina missed a major opportunity in passing Chadwell over. If you don’t like the topic, the response, maybe in the future you can just keep scrolling instead of responding like a complete douchebag.

I remember the arguments that Jamyest Williams should pick USC over Clemson because he could be the star here instead of lost in the mix there. Now we are over here saying "SEC! SEC!" You can't make this stuff up lol.
Nor can you articulate a thought very well apparently.

Why would a kid want to play in the SEC when he could play in the Sun Belt?

Go Cocks!
We should not try and get ahead by riding the SEC coat tail only. That’s probably our problem. Come to SC where winning the conference championship is out of the question…. Or come to CC and win the conference and possibly a NC.

Last edited:
most likely yes, since Tennessee is his dream job. Yet he WOULD have come here if we’d got to him first. That’s a move I feel like we’ll end up regretting, time will tell.
I've got this bad feeling that Chadwell is going to kill it when he moves to a big boy job. I hope I'm wrong on that one. Regardless we will all be comparing the head coaching careers of Beamer, Napier, and Chadwell over the next decade. Time never lies, we'll see who was right.

I've got this bad feeling that Chadwell is going to kill it when he moves to a big boy job. I hope I'm wrong on that one. Regardless we will all be comparing the head coaching careers of Beamer, Napier, and Chadwell over the next decade. Time never lies, we'll see who was right.

I agree with you. I work at coastal. I know Chadwell and many of his coaches and players. What’s struck me is that he and his coaches seem to travel as a pack. You get one, you get them all. And the ones I know, I genuinely like them. His players have absolutely bought into whatever it is that he and his staff are preaching. I’ve never seen the kind of “togetherness” like I’ve seen in last years team and what they’ve got going on this year. His senior guys hold the young guys accountable. They wouldn’t let them go out and expose themselves to Covid, etc. even the mullets and the joking around in front the cameras, etc is all coordinated behind the scenes. I know Willy Korn was a tater, but he and his brother are good guys. I just would’ve loved to see that whole crew get 3-4 years at Carolina. And I agree, wherever they end up is going to succeed.

I agree with you. I work at coastal. I know Chadwell and many of his coaches and players. What’s struck me is that he and his coaches seem to travel as a pack. You get one, you get them all. And the ones I know, I genuinely like them. His players have absolutely bought into whatever it is that he and his staff are preaching. I’ve never seen the kind of “togetherness” like I’ve seen in last years team and what they’ve got going on this year. His senior guys hold the young guys accountable. They wouldn’t let them go out and expose themselves to Covid, etc. even the mullets and the joking around in front the cameras, etc is all coordinated behind the scenes. I know Willy Korn was a tater, but he and his brother are good guys. I just would’ve loved to see that whole crew get 3-4 years at Carolina. And I agree, wherever they end up is going to succeed.
Yes....ALL of this. He's an undeniable future star in coaching. If you know some of the concepts he's melded offensively...you realize his offense isn't a gimmick. Reminds you of U. Meyer when he created his version of spread offense at Bowling Green that so many now run (including Pro teams starting about 15 years after it was created), Chadwell is onto something that will have legs.

I don’t know you and don’t give a shit if you care or not. I responded to the thread, not for your reading pleasure. I “care” because I live in Conway, like the fact they’re having success, and think Carolina missed a major opportunity in passing Chadwell over. If you don’t like the topic, the response, maybe in the future you can just keep scrolling instead of responding like a complete douchebag.

Oh, I get it. Your guy didn't get hired at USC.

giphy.gif

Don't get why folks are enamored with Coastal. If they played in the SEC or ACC, they'd be a 5-loss team, minimum.
Maybe, but they'd also have a big stadium, top notch facilities, and a budget about 10 times their current one. I think the upside potential of Coastal/Chadwell is what scares or interests people. We have all of those things I mentioned and we're just hoping to get back to being a 5-loss team.

Reactions: DeBoer31 and Brace1
Maybe, but they'd also have a big stadium, top notch facilities, and a budget about 10 times their current one. I think the upside potential of Coastal/Chadwell is what scares or interests people. We have all of those things I mentioned and we're just hoping to get back to being a 5-loss team.

There's a number of bad P5 teams out there. That doesn't make Coastal good.

We are eventually going to really regret passing on Chadwell.

I was listening to tater radio this morning on my drive to work and they were discussing the NIL. That’s going to change the game when you no longer have to recruit underhanded. Then the power will go back to the Xs and Os coaches. So that negates all of the supposed reasons to hire Beamer.

Last edited:
We are eventually going to really regret passing on Chadwell.

I was listening to tater radio this morning on my drive to work and they were discussing the NIL. That’s going to change the game when you no long have to recruit underhanded. Then the power will go back to the Xs and Os coaches. So that negates all of the supposed reasons to hire Beamer.

There must be a reason that, in addition to us, Tennessee, Texas, Vandy, Kansas, Auburn, UCF, Illinois, Southern Miss, and Arizona passed on Chadwell in the recent hiring cycle.

He didn't get serious consideration from anyone, from P5 to G5.

There must be a reason that, in addition to us, Tennessee, Texas, Vandy, Kansas, Auburn, UCF, Illinois, Southern Miss, and Arizona passed on Chadwell in the recent hiring cycle.

Is this going to make you feel better when Beamer fails?

I see it the same way. With all the noise some of our fans made about Chadwell, literally no other P5 school with an opening even considered him.

Coastal would lose more than 5 playing an SEC schedule. Amazing, after one good year, folks on here basically claiming he is the next Nick Saban. We have our coach. The search is over. So who cares about Coastal.

I see it the same way. With all the noise some of our fans made about Chadwell, literally no other P5 school with an opening even considered him.

Coastal would lose more than 5 playing an SEC schedule. Amazing, after one good year, folks on here basically claiming he is the next Nick Saban. We have our coach. The search is over. So who cares about Coastal.

Indeed. He was never even seriously rumored for any other jobs. If not for geography, he wouldn't have been rumored here.

I thought UCF would have been the appropriate next step for him. He hasn't done nearly enough to warrant getting a P5 job, but UCF seemed like a good incremental step up for him. But not even they wanted him.

How many of those teams were interested in Shane Beamer?

Its really indisputable who had the better resume between Chadwell and Beamer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT