ADVERTISEMENT

Tiffany Mitchell and WNBA

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
I don't really follow the WNBA but shouldn't Mitchell be drafted this year?

Only if she declares.

She's only a junior. She could leave school and declare. Similar to Kelcy Bone when at A&M.

Highly doubtful she will though

Money is not worth leaving early and quite frankly don't know if WNBA allows Jrs. Welch will most assuredly be drafted!

Why is it different in baseball? Why can a person go from high school to the pros in baseball? I know they have the minor league, etc. But it still doesn't seem fair.

Originally posted by nikolas22:

Why is it different in baseball? Why can a person go from high school to the pros in baseball? I know they have the minor league, etc. But it still doesn't seem fair.
I think it has something to do with the collective bargaining agreement between each league and their player's association. For instance, the "one and done" rule in men's basketball is in effect because the agreement between the NBA and NBAPA states that a player must be one year removed from high school to be eligible for the draft, regardless of if they spent that year playing college ball or not. There has been much speculation that this rule will change when the current agreement expires.

Originally posted by AgnosticTrollCock:
Only if she declares.

She's only a junior. She could leave school and declare. Similar to Kelcy Bone when at A&M.

Highly doubtful she will though
Kelsey's junior year at A&M was her 4th year because she had sat out a year when she transferred.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT