ADVERTISEMENT

Tim, a caller into 107.5 today.

The FSU was one of the worst beatdown I’ve seen in any competitive sport . They could have dropped 150 on us if Bobby didn’t call the dogs off .

63-17. 'Nuff said.
Was that the game we started out dominating but had a reverse play that we fumbled? The game turned quickly after that. Also remember a game against Florida when Spurrier was still their coach where the fans were supposed to have a whiteout or blackout or something. That was a bad game.

Reactions: 85alum#
I remember The first time or two I slept that Bates West I was awakened at 4:00 a.m. by the damn train running under the building. Good Lawd!
I lived in BW for 3 years--Jr., Sr., and 1L. We were pretty low right on the corner of the building right above the tracks. I guess that would be the NW corner. We kind of got used to the train. I remember a couple of times they hit the emergency brakes. Now that made a god-awful racket. All of those couplings slamming together.

I also remember going to bed one night and realizing when we turned the lights out that the room was lit up orange. We looked out the window, and the building next to the old train stations, now California Dreaming, was completely engulfed in flames. Where Green's is now. What a fire!! The building was stone, but it had heart pine floors and old framing timbers. To this day I don't know how they kept the train station from burning as well.

Reactions: myrtlecock
I lived in BW for 3 years--Jr., Sr., and 1L. We were pretty low right on the corner of the building right above the tracks. I guess that would be the NW corner. We kind of got used to the train. I remember a couple of times they hit the emergency brakes. Now that made a god-awful racket. All of those couplings slamming together.

I also remember going to bed one night and realizing when we turned the lights out that the room was lit up orange. We looked out the window, and the building next to the old train stations, now California Dreaming, was completely engulfed in flames. Where Green's is now. What a fire!! The building was stone, but it had heart pine floors and old framing timbers. To this day I don't know how they kept the train station from burning as well.
I remember when that burned. What year was that you think?

I remember when that burned. What year was that you think?
It was between the fall of 74, when we moved in, and the fall of 77, when I moved out into an apartment on S. Main. But I don't think my undergraduate roommate had gone to medical school in Charleston, so that would mean it was before the summer of 76, our graduation year. That's as much as I can narrow it down. Between the fall of 74 and the summer of 76.

Reactions: myrtlecock
It was between the fall of 74, when we moved in, and the fall of 77, when I moved out into an apartment on S. Main. But I don't think my undergraduate roommate had gone to medical school in Charleston, so that would mean it was before the summer of 76, our graduation year. That's as much as I can narrow it down. Between the fall of 74 and the summer of 76.
Dang, it was longer ago than I thought.

I thought it was at least when I was in high school but I was still in middle school.

Man, I’ve seen some doozies in person. 55-0 to Clemson. FSU in 88 (now that one went south in a HURRY). But my vote is the blackout game against Florida. We were ranked in the top twenty. We were on a roll. We scored first and it was ROCKING in the stadium. And Florida never broke a sweat. They started dropping passes on our secondary like it was a scrimmage squad.

Way to make me feel like an old man. Really. Thanks so much. 😉
Well, this thread is about someone that said the ECU game this year was the worst game game he ever saw so... We are all feeling pretty old. Another guy just said he stayed at Bates West as a freshman and that was only 9 years ago 😳😳😳🙄🙄🙄

Man, I’ve seen some doozies in person. 55-0 to Clemson. FSU in 88 (now that one went south in a HURRY). But my vote is the blackout game against Florida. We were ranked in the top twenty. We were on a roll. We scored first and it was ROCKING in the stadium. And Florida never broke a sweat. They started dropping passes on our secondary like it was a scrimmage squad.
Remember it well. I think our DBs starting yelling, "INCOMING!!!!!".

• Haha
Reactions: DrMickey
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT