ADVERTISEMENT

Time for a new baseball coach

Great speech. Meaningless, but I bet it made you feel better.

Just ignore that I'm laughing at the irony of a poster whining about someone jumping the gun, while at the same time jumping the gun himself. Nevermind I even spelled it out a second time before you replied.

What's laughable to me though, is posters who are so hell bent at being "good fans" that they lash out at anyone not cheerleadering enough with the same tired cliches. Its a nice topper too when they get so worked up that they confuse people complaining about the team with people who are mocking another poster, and lash out at the wrong people.

So please, carry on.
Genius

I have been very vocal on my lack of confidence in Kingston to get the job done. I do not revel in MY university not doing well in any sport. I simply want what everyone who has been a fan of this school and its teams wants, A coach who puts us in position to win and win consistently. Super glad to see the team emerge from their end of season skid to play up to their potential. Hope that continues for a couple more weeks. Go Cocks!

Reactions: cockofdawn
What I have wanted to see is a multi-dimensional team capable of playing several different ways instead of relying exclusively on the long ball. The same ball I see early in every season. The ball I see disappear every mid season. The ball I saw tonight. Why we dont play with this mindset all the time I will never know. I just hope we carry it to the Supers.

Reactions: GarnetBlood80
What I have wanted to see is a multi-dimensional team capable of playing several different ways instead of relying exclusively on the long ball. The same ball I see early in every season. The ball I see disappear every mid season. The ball I saw tonight. Why we dont play with this mindset all the time I will never know. I just hope we carry it to the Supers.
It seems fairly easy to me. McGillis is back and leading things off, that's a spark for everyone behind him, Wimmer was having to DH in McGillis spot, having him back in the field is a plus as well, several clutch doubles plays made, Braswell got some playing time during the injuries and he has really come on as a steady bat and is always a positive in the field, it seems Messina is back to full strength, not having him behind the plate is giving up a lot, you can tell the pitchers have more confidence when he's back there knowing he's not going to let anything get by him, LeCroy is back to strength and he proved it this weekend, he was clutch all around, and with everyone else clicking that takes the pressure off of the freshman Petry, he can relax and not feel like he has to carry the team and play loose. All of this changed the attitude of the team as well, they looked like the same bunch in the dugout as they did before the injury bug hit!

Last edited:
It seems fairly easy to me. McGillis is back and leading things off, that's a spark for everyone behind him, Wimmer was having to DH in McGillis spot, having him back in the field is a plus as well, several clutch doubles plays made, Braswell got some playing time during the injuries and he has really come on as a steady bat and is always a positive in the field, it seems Messina is back to full strength, not having him behind the plate is giving up a lot, you can tell the pitchers have more confidence when he's back there knowing he's not going to let anything get by him, LeCroy is back to strength and he proved it this weekend, he was clutch all around, and with everyone else clicking that takes the pressure off of the freshman Petry, he can relax and not feel like he has to carry the team and play loose. All of this changed the attitude of the team as well, they looked like the same bunch in the dugout as they did before the injury bug hit!
I agree with all of that. Not sure about it being easy to see tho. Does having everyone back all of a sudden open the playbook on what we want to achieve at the plate? Idk. Maybe. We will see. Will we feel like we have as many options when we are in a low scoring game without the comfort of a big lead? I hope so.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockn'fyr
I agree with all of that. Not sure about it being easy to see tho. Does having everyone back all of a sudden open the playbook on what we want to achieve at the plate? Idk. Maybe. We will see. Will we feel like we have as many options when we are in a low scoring game without the comfort of a big lead? I hope so.
Nah man. Suddenly everybody stopped listening to the bad coaching. Thank
Goodness it finally happened. No injury issues with this team.

Nah man. Suddenly everybody stopped listening to the bad coaching. Thank
Goodness it finally happened. No injury issues with this team.
Glad Casas was able to figure out what he had been doing wrong before the season ended. He was huge this weekend

Will Sanders also looked to be back to his badass self!
Really liked seeing him coming out of the bullpen to close. I know we probably wont see a Becker/Proctor/Sanders combo again but man they really complemented themselves last night with their different looks. That had to be tough to go up against

Really liked seeing him coming out of the bullpen to close. I know we probably wont see a Becker/Proctor/Sanders combo again but man they really complemented themselves last night with their different looks. That had to be tough to go up against
Proctor, That guy has been an asset all year! Just a smart pitcher, I can't remember him struggling much, he's a goto guys with that funky delivery, speed and location, a nice change of pace!

Im glad the team has snapped out of the funk they were in since the Florida series. I am trying to enjoy being in the moment right now. With the team reading super regionals (or more) overall Id say the season was a success.

With an eye to the future, how is our baseball recruiting looking? We are probably going to loose quite a few key guys to the draft and graduation this year.

It seems fairly easy to me. McGillis is back and leading things off, that's a spark for everyone behind him, Wimmer was having to DH in McGillis spot, having him back in the field is a plus as well, several clutch doubles plays made,

Other good signs from the weekend, more walks, more hit by pitch and less backward K's, Just like earlier in the year!

Nobody wants them to do bad or revels in it. People were legitimately questioning the coaching staff, including me. They have had a few years to get something done at this point and no results. That being said, the quickest way to close the discussion is to win and win big. Very encouraged by this past weekend. Go Cocks!

Just the facts! It's a thread of bitching!
My friend, and you are my friend. Allow me to ask YOU, not the thread readers, a question.

Why do YOU have the 'right' to complain about complainers? Especially after a round of victories? Don't the Complainers have a right to Complain??? To me, and I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but, it appears that YOU are doing exactly what you're complaining about. I could have just walked away but, YOU elected to respond ... "It's a thread of bitching". Again, when I left (YOU PICK the State) and moved to South Carolina, I raised the average IQ of both areas, by well over, a 100 points. SO! if, EVERYONE is 'bitchin', how is 'bitchin" wrong???

AM I CORRECT??? YOU BELIEVE THE ELECTION WAS STOLEN???

Don't Answer, You have the right to not incriminate yourself!!! BUT, Please, please PLEASE ... if you desire a battle of WITS .... please, Please, PLEASE, don't come unarmed again!!!

Last edited:
Like I said before the season hit the skids, only successful season is ending in Omaha!! I can’t believe they hosted a regional, glad they did, money talks. This was not and still isn’t a top ten team. I give them credit for top 16 now, but if they can’t beat Florida 5 out of 6 times this year, it was not a success!!! Still this program is used to World Series, not a winning record or top 16 ranking IMO, if you are okay with top 16, congrats, glad you are happy. I will be disappointed with anything less than Omaha, so attack me if you wish!!

Reactions: Cockytalk84
PREACH

My friend, and you are my friend. Allow me to ask YOU, not the thread readers, a question.

Why do YOU have the 'right' to complain about complainers? Especially after a round of victories? Don't the Complainers have a right to Complain??? To me, and I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer but, it appears that YOU are doing exactly what you're complaining about. I could have just walked away but, YOU elected to respond ... "It's a thread of bitching". Again, when I left (YOU PICK the State) and moved to South Carolina, I raised the average IQ of both areas, by well over, a 100 points. SO! if, EVERYONE is 'bitchin', how is 'bitchin" wrong???

Don't Answer, You have the right to not incriminate yourself!!! BUT, Please, please PLEASE ... if you desire a battle of WITS .... please, Please, PLEASE, don't come unarmed again!!!
Interesting response friend!

Like I said before the season hit the skids, only successful season is ending in Omaha!! I can’t believe they hosted a regional, glad they did, money talks. This was not and still isn’t a top ten team. I give them credit for top 16 now, but if they can’t beat Florida 5 out of 6 times this year, it was not a success!!! Still this program is used to World Series, not a winning record or top 16 ranking IMO, if you are okay with top 16, congrats, glad you are happy. I will be disappointed with anything less than Omaha, so attack me if you wish!!
Very well said... Too many people have forgotten the history of this program. Kingston himself said, when he took the job that it was unacceptable for this program not to be in Omaha every year. I don't expect every year, but he has never taken them to Omaha....fans get too exited over mediocre performance by coaches. If he makes it to Omaha he deserves another year. If he goes two and out at Florida we should move on. (I know Tanner would never consider that)

Exactly !
People just need to let the season play out .
Constant negativity and putting down the team when they lose a game gets old !!!

I travel a good bit. I read the comment sections on FB.
Sorry. SC doesn't have exclusivity in the dumb ass department.

Reactions: turncock
How dare people give opinions on an opinion blog….
I can read your intent is to be sarcastic 👍
The point is to why continue to bash the team/ coaches each time they lose but never post when they win etc
Which is exactly the purpose of letting the season play out
It has nothing to do with individual opinions
Sorry

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT