ADVERTISEMENT

Time to cut bait and here’s why ...

BobbyB1975

Sep 9, 2018
1. He can’t recruit here like he claimed . Talks a good game but isn’t happening
2. Can’t develop a QB ... See Florida
3. Can’t develop an offense ... See Florida
4. Had a chance to hire top flight OC and hired a buddy with Zero OC experience
5. Allowed the best Player in the State in years to go to rival when he grew up a Gamecock fan.
6. Shows no emotion or fire on the sidelines and seems clueless most of the time
7. Fails to even remotely show up in big time games .
8. Defensive genius who can’t stop a dive play when everyone knows it’s coming
9. The new Helmets Suck
10. Nothing will change and will probably get worse if he stays past this year
11. Says “We gotta recruit better” but no results and don’t expect any if you get clobbered by Rivals or KENTUCKY .
12. I could keep going but I would be typing all night .

Feel free to add to the list

1. He can’t recruit here like he claimed . Talks a good game but isn’t happening
5. Allowed the best Player in the State in years to go to rival when he grew up a Gamecock fan.
6. Shows no emotion or fire on the sidelines and seems clueless most of the time
9. The new Helmets Suck
11. Says “We gotta recruit better” but no results and don’t expect any if you get clobbered by Rivals or KENTUCKY .

That about sums it up

Anyone familiar with Jeff Driskell's development, or lack thereof, under Muschamp at Florida can't help but see the similarities between him and Bentley under Muschamp at Carolina. Both were pretty promising as freshmen, but they never really developed or progressed. I know it was completely different QB coaches, different schemes, etc, but for whatever reason, neither improved under Muschamp. In Driskell's case, he transferred to another program, lit up the scoreboard, and is now in the NFL.

I'm afraid Muschamp is just a heck of a defensive coordinator.

9. The new Helmets Suck

ALL of the above piss me off, but #4 drives me nuts. The guy is simply LOST. The gray matter ain't there. Look into his eyes - blank - nothing. What in the hell was Muschamp thinking? Wait. No. He WASN'T thinking. He pulled an 'I'm-outta-here-fellas' a la SOS and did the easy thing and that doesn't work in the SEC. You'll get your ass cut again and again by KENSUCKY if you do dumb, flakey things. DAYUM . . . I'm pissed!

DAMN! We need a REAL AD right now. Not a calendar-watching clerk!

Hmmm... two time national champs , playoff team 4 years in a row , top 5 recruiting classes every year .... yeah I would be ok with that . Won’t ever happen around here because we are ok with .500 every year .

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I do envy Clemson, they are an elite program and their university understands what it takes to get that way. Our university and the majority of our fan base are OK with mediocrity. And if you suggest otherwise they pull this”you’re a bad fan!” Bullshite.

AD is the problem. He is clueless. All he has to do is...anything. Guy has no foresight. Walks into rooms with entourage and nose up. And yet has done nothing.

Only SC would be ok with this.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. I do envy Clemson, they are an elite program and their university understands what it takes to get that way. Our university and the majority of our fan base are OK with mediocrity. And if you suggest otherwise they pull this”you’re a bad fan!” Bullshite.

Exactly !!! Clemson ran Tommy Bowden out of town and he went 8-4 and destroyed us a bunch of times . Hell LSU fired Les and he took them to two National Titles . That’s there are ELITE programs and speed bumps like us . If we went 8-4 every year we would put that coach in the hall of fame . At Bama, OSU or Clemson he would get canned . That’s why we are where we are and will continue to stay until we don’t settle . Jeezz.. at this point give me Lane Kiffin , he will recruit his ass off and put points on the board .

9. The new Helmets Suck

Agree except for #6...... He's tried to hide his "I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT I'M DOING" attitude by being confrontational..... and to a large part he looks more timid on the sidelines. But out-coached is out-coached.

Who will we get better than Muschamp? We are fighting for the independence bowl. That is who we have been for decades. Except for a few good years in between. I'm just so damn glad this is a year I gave up my season tickets after 30 years. I have thrown enough money away on bad football. Think I will use that money on a cruise.

9. The new Helmets Suck

Fixing No. 4 would have cured a lot of these. But as always, we make the buddy hires around here.

Reactions: Cocky704
Not even sure he had any real authority over the OC hire, but who knows. I think the buddy/good ole boy system has been in place for too long, and I think SOS was too good to let that hold him back, and too powerful to give a $&@& about them trying to run the program. But anyway, old news. Didn’t want CWM then or now. This is a fantastic job, the people that have all the power to make a grand slam hire weren’t nearly bold enough, nor did they do a good enough job of selling it. 2 more years of CWM, and maybe we look again

Exactly !!! Clemson ran Tommy Bowden out of town and he went 8-4 and destroyed us a bunch of times . Hell LSU fired Les and he took them to two National Titles . That’s there are ELITE programs and speed bumps like us . If we went 8-4 every year we would put that coach in the hall of fame . At Bama, OSU or Clemson he would get canned . That’s why we are where we are and will continue to stay until we don’t settle . Jeezz.. at this point give me Lane Kiffin , he will recruit his ass off and put points on the board .
Yet they gave Dabo 5 years even after getting beat soundly by us (well, almost soundly).

Yet they gave Dabo 5 years even after getting beat soundly by us (well, almost soundly).

True , but those years that they lost to us they were beating the brakes off of everyone else except for FSU . They were still winning 10 games a year and going to New Year’s Day bowls and winning . A perfect example .... they get destroyed by WVU in the orange bowl and what do they do ... they fire the DC immediately and break the bank and hire Venerables away from a team much better than they are . That would never happen here .

ALL of the above piss me off, but #4 drives me nuts. The guy is simply LOST. The gray matter ain't there. Look into his eyes - blank - nothing. What in the hell was Muschamp thinking? Wait. No. He WASN'T thinking. He pulled an 'I'm-outta-here-fellas' a la SOS and did the easy thing and that doesn't work in the SEC. You'll get your ass cut again and again by KENSUCKY if you do dumb, flakey things. DAYUM . . . I'm pissed!

DAMN! We need a REAL AD right now. Not a calendar-watching clerk!

The "gray matter ain't there." Wonder if you'd say the same about a white coach.

I will say, if this was happening in the upstate. Ray would be summoned to an off campus meeting somewhere this morning and would be given a list of demands.

I will say, if this was happening in the upstate. Ray would be summoned to an off campus meeting somewhere this morning and would be given a list of demands.

Or in Tuscaloosa, Athens , Columbus , Baton Rouge , Norman .... you know the places where they wanna win every year .

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Our top boosters want their names on buildings.

Top boosters at schools like Bama want the school's name on national championship trophies.

Reactions: gamecock ed
True , but those years that they lost to us they were beating the brakes off of everyone else except for FSU . They were still winning 10 games a year and going to New Year’s Day bowls and winning . A perfect example .... they get destroyed by WVU in the orange bowl and what do they do ... they fire the DC immediately and break the bank and hire Venerables away from a team much better than they are . That would never happen here .
They did not hire Venables away from OK. He quit when Stoops made his brother DC.

AD is the problem. He is clueless. All he has to do is...anything. Guy has no foresight. Walks into rooms with entourage and nose up. And yet has done nothing.

Only SC would be ok with this.

Exactly! He should have his arse in Muschamps office letting him know he will stand for this mediocrity.

Reactions: 80cock
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT