ADVERTISEMENT

Time to give it up - football for 2020, that is. Sorry, you aren`t going to convince anyone that

psycock

Jan 20, 2001
playing football will keep players more safe than not playing. With BIG 10, PAC 12 gone, it would be a joke for the other Power 3 conferences to play.

Reactions: SmokinStokesBBQ
I posted a couple days ago, I thought football will be played. Coming to the realization, probably not.

They would be safer. I'm.. These kids are monitored 24/7, have the best doctors, get tested 3 times a week. Why wouldn't they be safer in that environment.. On their own, there will be more of them catching it without the best doctors available to them. Jmo

Cancellation will end up bankrupting a lot of the sports programs in not only the big conferences that cancel football but also the smaller conferences who had big paydays when playing Power 5 schools. No football revenue for the Power 5 schools is going to hurt a lot of sports programs and scholarships at these schools for a long time. No football TV revenue will be a killer. Are we even in the black with no football/TV revenue and all of the same expenses?

Last edited:
These young men are safe. Closely monitored and regularly tested. I hope they do play. This Fall, let’s play football.

Let’s not fool ourselves. When the campus opens the kids will interact and party and the football players will be right there in the middle of it. Just like all the folks are flocking to the beach maskless in SC with no social distancing. The adults are not playing it safe so what makes you think the players will? The liability is the issue. The schools know they will be destroyed if anything bad happens. They are hoping and gambling it won’t because they keep looking at the $$ lost.

Let’s not fool ourselves. When the campus opens the kids will interact and party and the football players will be right there in the middle of it. Just like all the folks are flocking to the beach maskless in SC with no social distancing. The adults are not playing it safe so what makes you think the players will? The liability is the issue. The schools know they will be destroyed if anything bad happens. They are hoping and gambling it won’t because they keep looking at the $$ lost.
That’s why legislation needs to be passed to avoid that suit in my opinion. I think lawsuits from covid shouldn’t be allowed.

I disagree. Liability should remain in place. The businesses have to make sure they maintain social distancing and safety measures or be held liable. Otherwise, they will do nothing

They would be safer. I'm.. These kids are monitored 24/7, have the best doctors, get tested 3 times a week. Why wouldn't they be safer in that environment.. On their own, there will be more of them catching it without the best doctors available to them. Jmo
Any guise that the pac12/B 10 are doing this for “safety” is BS. How is it safe to subject their kids to TWO football seasons in one calendar year? It is not. Nobody knows if this thing will even be gone by the Spring!

I disagree. Liability should remain in place. The businesses have to make sure they maintain social distancing and safety measures or be held liable. Otherwise, they will do nothing
I get it, and would agree except for the Walmart factor. A very high percentage of the population shops there. They are not having anyone arrested for violating social distancing, and I am not sure the general public would stand for people being handcuffed in Walmart for mask violations. It’s almost impossible to prove where a person caught the virus. COVID lawsuits started last week. It’s too early to know how it will play out under current legislation. This liability unknown is probably what the P5 is trying to sort out, although they are not saying that.

While you could be right, the players and coaches and university administration think they are. Other forces and factors could intervene, it is true.
They do think that but the presidents make the decisions and they have different pressures on them.

They do think that but the presidents make the decisions and they have different pressures on them.

The UT-Austin President cast the vote at the meeting to play and Texas Tech is telling its vendors to get their stadium ready for Texas to come play them on September 26, 2020. People keep talking of liability and Texas has sovereign immunity. Private schools might have more concerns but both TCU and Baylor voted to play. Some games might get cancelled, but it will take a lot to stop that September 26, 2020 game between TxTech and Texas. The preparations are ongoing.

You got the players and coaches part right.

The UT-Austin President cast the vote to play. They are getting the stadium in Lubbock ready for the September 26, 2020 opening game. Now if a bunch of players get sick, maybe that could derail it. Right now that game is a go and fully supported by both the Texas Tech and UT-Austin administrations.

The PAC 12 and BIG 10 university powers that be, and their political affiliates will probably sue the other conferences if they try to play. The liberal way of thinking.....we don't want to play, so you can't.

wow i have worked right on through this whole mess and people crowded into walmart,lowes home depot etc and some of you think it is dangerous for these healthy young men to play,sorry the numbers dont add up and im tired of the scare tactics to keep this country shut down and even more tired of the people that fall for it.. yes this covid is real,i know for fact but dayum, i bet some of you wear your mask in your car riding alone. holy friggin crap

Reactions: Boom4life
Ok I know you guys love to bash the NBA but right know they are knocking it out of the park . They came up with a plan and then followed thru and executed it . So far they’ve had no positive cases in the bubble and when the playoffs start in full swing the ratings will be fantastic . They are a perfect example of good leadership setting the standards and the players buying in so they can do what they do . Unfortunately I don’t think the NCAA is capable of pulling it off without it being a trainwreck .

ADVERTISEMENT