ADVERTISEMENT

Time to put Super Bowl Ads out to pasture

ToddFlanders

Mar 30, 2007
And put the halftime show out there with it. Does anyone really pay attention anymore? I think those are things that no longer really spark interest because of the internet. It's much like parades, award shows and beauty pageants (which I have previously declared to be pointless). These things used to garner so much interest because the general public never got to see celebrities outside of movies, or hot girls from other states, or commercials where companies really tried hard. Now it's all old hat because you see these things daily if you want to. All those things ever had was novelty value (not real entertainment value) - and the novelty is gone.

Halftime show was not my type of entertainment. That coming from an old 90's hip hop addict, I have no desire to see everyone grabbing their azz and crotch and smelling it. Nor do I find it entertaining to fan the butt. Looked like a slut uterus being chased by a bunch of sperm. How appropriate she announced she was pregnant afterwards. Wonder who the daddy is.

And put the halftime show out there with it. Does anyone really pay attention anymore? I think those are things that no longer really spark interest because of the internet. It's much like parades, award shows and beauty pageants (which I have previously declared to be pointless). These things used to garner so much interest because the general public never got to see celebrities outside of movies, or hot girls from other states, or commercials where companies really tried hard. Now it's all old hat because you see these things daily if you want to. All those things ever had was novelty value (not real entertainment value) - and the novelty is gone.
I wouldn't necessarily miss it, but there's been some good ones lately. Last year was great, and then a few years ago the Shakira-J LO one was really good. I also liked Lady Gaga in 2017.

I kept waiting for the halftime show to end but it wouldn't. I guess they have lost me on the commercials. I used to sit and watch them. Didnt really do that last night.

Unless you have “a team” n the game then the commercials and half time show were the attraction.

Not so much any more.

Reactions: cocks rule
Halftime show was not my type of entertainment. That coming from an old 90's hip hop addict, I have no desire to see everyone grabbing their azz and crotch and smelling it. Nor do I find it entertaining to fan the butt. Looked like a slut uterus being chased by a bunch of sperm. How appropriate she announced she was pregnant afterwards. Wonder who the daddy is.
Both of her kids are with ASAP Rocky who she's been in a relationship with for a few years now.

I’ve been trying to understand how Dunkin’ thought that ad portrayed the company in a positive light. If anything it made me want to stay away from the company.

I haven't really watched the super bowl since 2001, after that, I was stationed in Germany and was not getting up or staying up until 3-4am to watch a damn game. I have actually faded away from the NFL, I truly prefer college. I remember as a kid when the Bud Bowl started, that was fun as commercials were exciting during the super bowl. Tickets are so expensive now because of the halftime show. Fans are paying for it while the NFL reaps the rewards of the commercial spots

It's still deeply ingrained in the low-IQ NFL culture. I attended the game in ATL a few years ago and well over half the crowd around me spent most of their time on their cell.

Reactions: Cybercock
Flanders that’s the time you hit the head.

I thought the halftime show was stupid. Not knowing anything about Rihanna, I came away with the opinion "Sleazy with an attitude." There was nothing cool or enjoyable about it. I kept thinking of the dancers telling their family "Yeah, I was in that show. That's me on the left. No wait... maybe I'm in the next row, or on the other side of the tall person. I can't tell because they made us all look identical." Should have sung the damn Oompa Loompa song.

As for commercials, some were pretty funny but they kind of made Super Bowl ads unnecessary years ago when they started running all of them on a tv show or the internet before the game was even on. As OP said, you can see these types of commercials daily... they're not that special anymore.

This thread happens every year. For every person that disliked the halftime show, there is another that liked it or had no problem with it. If the halftime show or commercials are not for you, nobody is making you watch them. I am not the biggest Rihanna fan, but she was alright. Just gave me an opportunity to get my halftime grub on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT