ADVERTISEMENT

Titus Touch Car Wash

I did a secretary of state business search. The registered agent is Scott Howard of Simpsonville. Interestingly, there's a 25 year old instructor at Clemson named Scott Howard, who is originally from Simpsonville. It would be interesting to know who Mr. Howard Sr. Is and how he ended up owning a car wash in Florence.

It says it was sold on 3/29/17 also. For 325,000. That would have been right before he committed.

Reactions: GC2020
I did a secretary of state business search. The registered agent is Scott Howard of Simpsonville. Interestingly, there's a 25 year old instructor at Clemson named Scott Howard, who is originally from Simpsonville. It would be interesting to know who Mr. Howard Sr. Is and how he ended up owning a car wash in Florence.
Keep digging. I’m sure you’ll crack this case.

So according to LinkedIn the younger Scott Howard is a Clemson alum, went to MUSC for an accelerated Nursing Degree and comes back to Clemson as an instructor. He also held down a job working as a stadium sales associate for Barnes and Noble at Clemson. This all leads me to infer that his father has strong connections to Clemson.

Can someone in the area show what tax value was on that property?

So according to LinkedIn the younger Scott Howard is a Clemson alum, went to MUSC for an accelerated Nursing Degree and comes back to Clemson as an instructor. He also held down a job working as a stadium sales associate for Barnes and Noble at Clemson. This all leads me to infer that his father has strong connections to Clemson.

Can't be high the area is saturated with sex offenders. Plain as the nose on your face what the deal was.

Reactions: rfp and umdterpcock
Gives you spending $ for vehicles and homo purses (not that there is anything wrong with that).

Reactions: GamecockJL

It is stated in the link above.

The lot size is approx 1/4 of an acre and the structure was less than 1800sq ft. and it sold for $325k in March? It’d be interesting to see what it sold for in August and to whom it was sold

The lot size is approx 1/4 of an acre and the structure was less than 1800sq ft. and it sold for $325k in March? It’d be interesting to see what it sold for in August and to whom it was sold
Guy on TOS says it was sold for $5 in August.
With land value of $14,400.

Could just be transferring the property for tax purposes with the whole $5 thing.

Last edited:
Guy on TOS says it was sold for $5 in August.
With land value of $14,400.
If true, that’s hilarious. Sold for $325k in March and a week later XT commits to clemson. Then in August it sells for 5 bucks? Sounds like they have either done it so much they don’t think they’ll get caught, or they don’t give a s*** if they do because the NCAA won’t do s***

Woodrow V Johnson of Florence bought Titus Touch Car Wash and the property with a tax value of $54,868 for $325,000 on March 29, 2017. He then turned around and sold it / gifted it for $5 to the Palmetto Housing Corporation on August 25. The Palmetto Housing Corporation appears to be a legitimate non profit, but why would you over pay for a property and then give it away less than 6 months later.

Woodrow Johnson is the owner of W. Johnson & Sons trucking company in Florence. I'm looking for a connection to Clemson but Woodrow Dantzler is making it harder to find anything on Google.

If true, that’s hilarious. Sold for $325k in March and a week later XT commits to clemson. Then in August it sells for 5 bucks? Sounds like they have either done it so much they don’t think they’ll get caught, or they don’t give a s*** if they do because the NCAA won’t do s***
They’re saying it could be just the person transferring it for tax purposes but who knows?

http://qpublic5.qpublic.net/ga_display_dw.php?county=sc_florence&KEY=90086-05-010

That link shows the transfer names. Woodrow Johnson was the owner. The SC Secretarty of State shows that Scott Howard became the registered agent for Titus Touch LLC. This was the March 29th transaction. Then, out of the goodness of his heart, Woodrow Johnson donated a property worth $54,868, that he significantly overpaid for to a local non profit (likely for a tax write off).

If we can prove the relationship between Woodrow Johnson or W. Johnson & Sons to Clemson we have a pretty good case.

Just a coincidence.
http://qpublic5.qpublic.net/ga_display_dw.php?county=sc_florence&KEY=90086-05-010

That link shows the transfer names. Woodrow Johnson was the owner. The SC Secretarty of State shows that Scott Howard became the registered agent for Titus Touch LLC. This was the March 29th transaction. Then, out of the goodness of his heart, Woodrow Johnson donated a property worth $54,868, that he significantly overpaid for to a local non profit (likely for a tax write off).

If we can prove the relationship between Woodrow Johnson or W. Johnson & Sons to Clemson we have a pretty good case.

Geez ... you guys are getting sooo excited with your little sleuthing and its been really entertaining... as usual. But you might want to consider there are several ways to appraise the FMV of a property / business. The net income method would yield a value around $ 325,000 if the business generated net revenue just under $ 30,000 annually. But please continue your delusions.

Geez ... you guys are getting sooo excited with your little sleuthing and its been really entertaining... as usual. But you might want to consider there are several ways to appraise the FMV of a property / business. The net income method would yield a value around $ 325,000 if the business generated net revenue just under $ 30,000 annually. But please continue your delusions.

So you really think ole Woodrow is such a great businessman that he wanted to buy a shitty car wash for $325,000, close the business, and give away the land in 5 months with no ROI?

Sorry I missed out on this investment opportunity for only $325000
241tmck.png
[/IMG]
241tmck.png
[/IMG]

So you really think ole Woodrow is such a great businessman that he wanted to buy a shitty car wash for $325,000, close the business, and give away the land in 5 months with no ROI?

Don’t know and don’t care. Maybe he thought gifting an asset that could be a revenue generating asset was helpful for the not-for-profit. That is a fairly common type of asset (revenue producing) to gift.

Why would the city of Florence spend so much on that land? I think that’s the bigger question now.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT