ADVERTISEMENT

Tiyon Evans Decommited

Look for this to happen a lot in the coming weeks. Some kids committed and have never stepped 1 foot on campus.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
He just said he had to get away from SC, as in the state. His remark wasn't directed at the school. It sounded like he had some bad experiences that he didn't want to be reminded of.

Reactions: okccock
Wish him the best. Hope he signs a megamillion dollar deal someday and sends some of it back to Hartsville. They need all the help they can get in that part of the state.

Albert Haynesworth is a bad example to follow, though. Heard a rumor not too long ago his father is still hanging around Yogi Bear's Fried Chicken with a beggars cup in one hand, and a 40 oz bottle of beer in the other.

I am all for anyone who doesn't want to be in South Carolina to leave. No issues enjoy somewhere else.

Yes Im fine as well with him going to a spot he wants to be, good for him.

Would not surprise me if he ends back at Tenn if they still want him.

In an interview with the Tennessee site AFTER HIS DECOMMITMENT he is quoted as saying he will never come here. Look it up.

You got a link to that? Only ask as I haven't been able to find it.

Never mind, I think I found it. Of course, he also said he was 100% committed to UT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: redrogers
Getting dissed regularly by lowly 3-star players is discouraging. Competing with the likes of W. KY, UAB, etc.. for players is even more discouraging.
So now I'm confused, many on here swear that although CWM has many faults, his recruiting prowess was worth keeping him around.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: agantt and Brace1
Wish him the best. Hope he signs a megamillion dollar deal someday and sends some of it back to Hartsville. They need all the help they can get in that part of the state.

Albert Haynesworth is a bad example to follow, though. Heard a rumor not too long ago his father is still hanging around Yogi Bear's Fried Chicken with a beggars cup in one hand, and a 40 oz bottle of beer in the other.
Tiyon isn’t Albert.

I am 100% committed to not stepping foot in Neyland Stadium ever again. If it wasn't for work and my need to travel to certain south east markets, I would just put Knoxville on the list and be done
Sitting in a game at Neyland was like sardines in a can. Went there with a Tennessee fan one year to watch Peyton in 97 against us. Only good part of that trip was staying with my buddies sister who was one of the “hostesses” and her hhhoooottttt roommates! Oh yeah, I saw Peyton beat us,

Reactions: Brace1
From the Tennessee 247 board...it's a premium thread so I'll post the quote:

"He insisted his interest in the Gamecocks hasn’t changed since then, and his decommitment didn’t have anything to do with any other program.

'A lot of people are thinking I’ve been talking to South Carolina,' Evans said. 'I ain’t been talking to no other schools. Of course, that’s what everybody’s going to think, because I’m looking at my (Twitter) timeline. I see all that right now, talking about South Carolina. I’m never going to South Carolina. I’m never going to go there. That’s dead.'"

• Wow
Reactions: agantt and Brace1
His mother wants him out of the state of SC due to bad influences here.

Because Knoxville is a choir boy town............ this concerns me in the overall maturity department and what one views as important. Trimming the friend tree can be tuff for 18yr olds (sucks/reality), but you have to ask yourself where you want to go in life. Mistakes will still be made, but unless you go to Maine.........there is still problems, trouble, and questionable choices to be made.

Reactions: funktavious
Because Knoxville is a choir boy town............ this concerns me in the overall maturity department and what one views as important. Trimming the friend tree can be tuff for 18yr olds (sucks/reality), but you have to ask yourself where you want to go in life. Mistakes will still be made, but unless you go to Maine.........there is still problems, trouble, and questionable choices to be made.
His mom should definitely look up the arrest records of players at UT vs. USC. Over the last 10-15 years Carolina has done a fairly good job of keeping players from getting into bad situations.

Reactions: Rho92
His mom should definitely look up the arrest records of players at UT vs. USC. Over the last 10-15 years Carolina has done a fairly good job of keeping players from getting into bad situations.
His mom is not the best influence. Getting away from her is better. Being away has forced Tiyon to grow up. Have no idea why he de-committed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT