ADVERTISEMENT

To the Carolina fans attending the Clemson game Saturday

Been there and done that. It's a tough thing to watch. I think at least this year it would be moral victory to stay within 28.

This is the first game I won't witness in person since 1990.

Seen some great wins at Clemson. Seen some tough losses also. 2014 and 2016 was like bad then torture.

I just can't spend that money and waste that entire day this year to leave at halftime. Our school top to bottom doesn't take winning that game or football in general as seriously as Clemson.

Yep. Redneck fans that keep drinking at half time. If you’re not wearing orange it gets scary in the parking lots.

Last time I went was Lou's last year - 'the fight'. From the little kid sitting behind me that kept hitting me in the back of the head with his rolled up program (his dad thought it was great), to the numerous drunk assholes walking right up to us in the parking lot and concourse and telling us to f*** off, that was enough for me.

Reactions: cockgun
Now gentlemen, I will not go into my experiences walking through the fair grounds parking every other year from 1976 - 2003. Believe me there are plenty of stories to tell about wearing orange in Columbia for a SC Clemson game. After my car was keyed front to back on both sides , and what appeared to be "dog mess" was put under the door handles on mine and about three other Clemson cars in the area, I called it quits. I don't like threads like this and try not to participate. As many of you know , I come from a perspective of a 34 year "mixed marriage". My wife and her entire family are S Carolina fans and my brood is 4 generation Clemson. I am certain that Clemson has several "asrse-hats" among the 84K that attend big games, and "most" of the Clemson family condemns the stupid actions by them. I can personally guarantee you , that your school has just as many that attend the games in the capital city.

https://ibb.co/gQUBC0

Last year’s game was a night game and by time I pulled into my tailgate spot, taters were literally puking from drinking games and falling down over cornhole boards.

I’m done going to Pickens where u see this all over the campus.

Last edited:
I'll be watching the game surrounded by nothing but taters, and will be the only Gamecock fan in the whole crowd. Just won't be at the stadium.

They will be spit on, harassed, slapped in the face, and cussed at. And that is just your children. (I might as well tell our fans what clem tells their fans when they come to WB. HaHaHa)

Now gentlemen, I will not go into my experiences walking through the fair grounds parking every other year from 1976 - 2003. Believe me there are plenty of stories to tell about wearing orange in Columbia for a SC Clemson game. After my car was keyed front to back on both sides , and what appeared to be "dog mess" was put under the door handles on mine and about three other Clemson cars in the area, I called it quits. I don't like threads like this and try not to participate. As many of you know , I come from a perspective of a 34 year "mixed marriage". My wife and her entire family are S Carolina fans and my brood is 4 generation Clemson. I am certain that Clemson has several "asrse-hats" among the 84K that attend big games, and "most" of the Clemson family condemns the stupid actions by them. I can personally guarantee you , that your school has just as many that attend the games in the capital city.
Yep...this is a silly argument. I've seen both sides of this mess...I once had a 84 yr old Clemson fan threaten to kick my ass for standing and yelling during a game at Clemson. If I was drunk I think I would have taking that fight, but his dear old wife was apologizing behind his back.

Been going there since the 80s. It has gotten waaay soft there now. We are worse without a doubt. They are all about trying to win brownie points about their experience like Nebraska and TAMU. Just look at some of the pat each other on the back posts from the Clemson TAMU game. Oh you guys were great, no you guys were even more classy etc..

Clemson is now nothing compared to going to LSU or Florida. Back in the 80s and 90s it was pretty rough. Under Dabo its turned into a youth group type event. I dont think thats a bad thing either good for them. They can rip on how unlcassy we are whatever.

They've moved most of our tickets to the upper decks (which are NOTHING LIKE OURS!) so be prepared to sit at the foot of heaven. It's basically dark up there and you sit at like a 32 degree angle. Awful seats.

They've moved most of our tickets to the upper decks (which are NOTHING LIKE OURS!) so be prepared to sit at the foot of heaven. It's basically dark up there and you sit at like a 32 degree angle. Awful seats.
You are exactly right about that. They sit us in the corner of the stadium that is actually OUTSIDE the confines. you sit BEHIND their big screen and you can't view it at all. There is a small 50 Inch looking plasma monitor in the OPPOSITE endzone (about 150 yards away) that we get to look at. Worst seats at any away game I have ever been to.

Reactions: SCexpat38
I think it's ironic that those who are going apparently do not realize that they're only "supporting" the continued sub-par product we put on the field, and thus supporting the whippings.

That's a good point, King. Those who are willing to stand up when things are bleakest stand to claim the greatest victories.
The bad thing will be the people lying about being there if it happens. There will be a host of them, like these fake war heroes you hear about.

Reactions: SCexpat38
I think it's ironic that those who are going apparently do not realize that they're only "supporting" the continued sub-par product we put on the field, and thus supporting the whippings.

I support my school, win or lose. Sorry to hear that you feel differently about your support of Carolina. Might want to go pull for Pickens A&M.

I’m sure there are some bad apples at both schools. And I can assure you most of us Carolina fans would not do such things to you or your family. So I agree with you - there are good and bad in both fan bases.

I totally agree with you. I always tell Clemson fans that I know that I wouldn’t go to a game at Williams Brice if I were them- seriously. I’ve heard too many of our fans say nasty things and get in the face of opposing fans.

Of course that doesn’t make me feel better about a game at Clemson since the Clemson fan that was sitting in front of me threatened to throw me off the upper deck in 2002 while I sat listening to the pregame radio show about 30 minutes before game time (which was my last game there). Apparently i had offended this hero fan by sitting down in my seat listening to the pregame show on my headphones.

Of course the coward got really quiet when I later heard his wife mention someone’s name that I knew quite well- which turned out to be someone he DID NOT want to know about his threat to me. Oh the irony.

Why do you feel the need to post ? Always deflecting and never can you just say we have some shitty fans. Instead, we do, but but but. No shit all teams have them. What I can't stand about the tater fans is 75 pct of them never attended moo u.

Reactions: freebird2001
Come to the strom Thurmond field and tailgate with me.
Been to a bunch of away games, and other than a person here or there, as long as you’re not a dick, get treated ok.
Yeah it’s no Georgia for sure.

Be careful....
cultstoodfar.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT