ADVERTISEMENT

To those who are pissed DEEBO isn't playing...

Cocky4SC

Dec 2, 2014
Spartanburg SC
Let it go. Nobody should be saying anything about him quitting on his team or he owes Carolina this last game. Take a look at all the season ending injuries our guys have had, he has a coach that had his career ended by injuries (Lattimore) and then seeing Bailey's injury Saturday, freak accident, gets leg whipped and breaks leg. Now if you are a first round pick, who DIDN'T HAVE TO COME BACK TO SCHOOL FOR HIS SENIOR YEAR (DEEBO) and you see that... what would you do? Carolina is playing in a low tier bowl (although I'm glad we are playing in it) you are a few months away from potentially being a first round draft pick, and being able to support your family, as well as the Inman SC community...

We owe Deebo nothing but appreciation for staying home, helping try to bring the program back, and being nothing but a class act. Thanks #1

I agree 100% . I doubt very seriously he’s a first rounder but the $$$ between a 2nd round early 3rd rounder and day three pick is substantial. Don’t blame him at all . Combine results are gonna be HUGE for a guy like Deebo so I don’t blame him at all .

I wish he was playing, but have no problem with him moving on. He paid his dues, and has to think about his future. Also, I’m glad we’re still playing, but it’s the Belk Bowl folks.

Reactions: Coq_de_Combat
The fact that this has been a injury plagued team all year doesnt help.Im sure he would rather play,but after all the reminders he has had all year of what can happen,i cant blame him.His decision may not be popular,or even the right decision,but in his heart he feels it the smartest decision.Cant fault him for that

Reactions: Coq_de_Combat
I wouldn't say I'm piss just disappointed he's a huge part of the reason we won the games we did win. I understand the reasoning behind the decision but I want to win the game too. I still think there is an agent somewhere in the equation and money has been exchanged already. Nothing crooked mind you just business. Best of luck to Deebo and thanks for the thrills my man.

Deebo is not enough of a well-known commodity to be a high pick without doing well in the combine. If he just tweaked an ankle and was less than full speed for a couple of months, he'd suffer greatly.

Whereas Clowney was going #1 with or without participating in combine

Reactions: ddw1263
Deebo is not enough of a well-known commodity to be a high pick without doing well in the combine. If he just tweaked an ankle and was less than full speed for a couple of months, he'd suffer greatly.

Whereas Clowney was going #1 with or without participating in combine

Yeap your dead on . He’s gotta be a 4.4 guy especially at his size and injury history to sniff the 1st Round . Seems like a fairly weak WR class so who knows . If thinking late 2nd Early 3rd .

Yeap your dead on . He’s gotta be a 4.4 guy especially at his size and injury history to sniff the 1st Round . Seems like a fairly weak WR class so who knows . If thinking late 2nd Early 3rd .
CBS has him at #5 WR. Last year panthers took first wideout off the board at like #26. Don’t think DS will go first day unless he blows it up in Indy.

I have no problem with him not playing. This is not the seccg we’re talking about. He would miss time training for the combine going to our practices and could get hurt there. Thx for the memories and get paid, bro.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I really, really wanted him to play, however considering all the factors in his case, I think he made the right decision. Ouch! That hurt, BUT it is what it is. Let's move on, beat UVA, wrap up 2019 recruiting, and then move on to a BIG season in 2019! GO COCKS!

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
CBS has him at #5 WR. Last year panthers took first wideout off the board at like #26. Don’t think DS will go first day unless he blows it up in Indy.

I have no problem with him not playing. This is not the seccg we’re talking about. He would miss time training for the combine going to our practices and could get hurt there. Thx for the memories and get paid, bro.

Yeap DJ Moore went 26th and Ridley went 27th to Atlanta and both of those guys are having good years . . I agree he made that right call . If Deebo runs an insane time he could sneak in the first round . He’s fast but not a 4.3 guy yet . Of course those extra few weeks of combine training can do miracles .

Reactions: JohnShadows
I like the move. We've got plenty of talent at the receiver position and it's the Belk Bowl. Spread the ball around and let the younger guys play.

We spend alot of time talking about the ACC on this board. If we can't beat a UVA team who has lost 3 in the division sans Deebo, then back to the drawing board.

Reactions: ddw1263
I like the move. We've got plenty of talent at the receiver position and it's the Belk Bowl. Spread the ball around and let the younger guys play.

We spend alot of time talking about the ACC on this board. If we can't beat a UVA team who has lost 3 in the division sans Deebo, then back to the drawing board.
You like the move, we have enough talent, wow

Maybe it's just me but I find all these lower tier bowl games to be the least interesting and most meaningless games of the season. So who remembers who won the Belk, Weedeater, Sun bowls last year? I think every regular season game has more meaning than these small bowls. Even the Akron and Coastal games. I would almost say that to be true for all bowls outside of the playoff. I wish they would dump the whole thing and go to an 8 team playoff and 8 team NIT like playoff. Everyone else can have two weeks of practice but stay home instead of playing in Siberia in late December.

The only benefit is to get an extra few weeks of practice for next year. That would not benefit us with Deebo at all.

Therefore I have zero problem with him not playing. I am thankful he came back for his senior year.

If you have a already have a you tube documentary called "Tommorrow is not promised" about your extensive injury history and it was made before you broke your leg in 2017.

Im ok with you skipping the bowl game

As far as Senior Bowl, I believe he will play less snaps then our bowl game and its a pro Event, I get why he is doing that, its a risk/reward calculation.

No sure what the reward is financially to him for playing in the bowl game but get it for the Senior Bowl, ie improve draft stock, getting bigger contract.

Again if he got hurt in the bowl game I would be ill, given what he has been through and what is ahead, even if we won, it would bother me.

If I was him I would be doing the same thing.

It would be worse to play the bowl game and not give good effort. we've seen that a few times.

Jake won't get drafted if he does that. It behooves him to play his senior year.

I agree Jake is not going anywhere, the people comparing Jake and Deebo, are forgetting the Bentley's already get a big pay check in Bobby's salary from USC and the Samuels do not get a big check from USC.

Reactions: TheReelEss
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT