ADVERTISEMENT

Today is the day we see if this team has any flight left in them...

USCBatgirl21Well-Known Member
New

This is a load of BS! They have not been "teeing off on us" the whole time he's been here. The SEC has been the premier baseball league for decades. Carolina has consistently been the upper echelon of pitching staffs in the SEC over that time. You're making s#*t up now...just like when you said that Greenville had the best bid for the neutral game with Clemson. That turned out to be FALSE!
At this point there is no need to continue this conversation because it's evident you refuse to acknowledge that JM is one of the problems on our staff, have been looking through nothing but garnet colored glasses where pitching is concerned because you obviously refuse to even consider that JM could do anything wrong, and are not bothering to pay attention to what you're seeing in games themselves. You're ignoring when facts that don't suit your argument are presented, and again, not bothering to pay attention to what is actually going on in games. We are losing ballgames not just because offense if a problem or there is questionable defense. The pitching IS a problem as well, especially middle relief and mid week starters.

As for the bid, they did have the best bid for the game. It had a lot more to do with things other than money, as I said MANY times during that conversation.

36 Today at 12:24 PM
Last edited: Today at 12:31 PM

You're laughable...Other than the first couple years (we had very little talent, when Ray got here...plus loaded bats), the pitching staff has been near the top of the conference in ERA...the entire time. That is how you judge a staff. High up in strike outs too.

You're lying...Charleston had the highest bid. It was just that Leggett said "FU" to the Carolina and Clemson fans in the Lowcountry, because he didn't want to travel 4 hours.

You're laughable...Other than the first couple years (we had very little talent, when Ray got here...plus loaded bats), the pitching staff has been near the top of the conference in ERA...the entire time. That is how you judge a staff. High up in strike outs too.

You're lying...Charleston had the highest bid. It was just that Leggett said "FU" to the Carolina and Clemson fans in the Lowcountry, because he didn't want to travel 4 hours.

When evaluating pitching, you MUST look at more than just ERA. Even the casual baseball fan knows that. But again, you don't want to because it doesn't help your argument that JM is the best thing since sliced bread.

Oh for Pete's sake...Which part of the bid having to do with more than money is so hard for you to understand? I never said Greenville had the highest bid. They simply had the best bid. Bids include more than money. Like it or not, Charleston failed miserably in the total experience for the fans when they hosted it, whereas Greenville puts on a complete event, outside of the game, that is enjoyable for all. People go up there just to go to the street party, even if they don't have tickets to the game because that part is put on so nicely.

You're full of it. The only thing a pitcher has ANY control over is EARNED RUNS. If hitters are "teeing off" on a pitcher, it will have a negative effect on their ERA. That IS how you judge pitching. It must just be a feeling you have?

HTF...Do you judge a bid other than the money? It was Leggett...Period! Had nothing to do with a bid. I'm just calling you out for your dishonest statements about the whole process.

You're full of it. The only thing a pitcher has ANY control over is EARNED RUNS. If hitters are "teeing off" on a pitcher, it will have a negative effect on their ERA. That IS how you judge pitching. It must just be a feeling you have?

HTF...Do you judge a bid other than the money? It was Leggett...Period! Had nothing to do with a bid. I'm just calling you out for your dishonest statements about the whole process.

And yet our pitching leads the league in Earned Runs Allowed. But according to you there is no problem with pitching. You have just contradicted yourself. It's not a feeling. I'm watching games and judging by what I'm actually seeing happen during the game, not what is written on a piece of paper each Monday when the stat sheets are updated.

As for Greenville, I know what has transpired in conversations had with those involved in the process.

Of course...What you're saying is BS. Current stats as of 4/16/17...SC has allowed the least amount of hits. Second fewest runs (Ole Miss has allowed the fewest runs), Second fewest EARNED Runs (Ole Miss again). Go ahead and argue with facts!

The fact that you never mentioned Leggett, tells me that you know nothing about the process.

Of course...What you're saying is BS. Current stats as of 4/16/17...SC has allowed the least amount of hits. Second fewest runs (Ole Miss has allowed the fewest runs), Second fewest EARNED Runs (Ole Miss again). Go ahead and argue with facts!

The fact that you never mentioned Leggett, tells me that you know nothing about the process.

Again, I've had conversations with those involved in the process. I'll trust them before I trust anyone else on the subject. And I hate JackLegg more than 99.9% of the people on earth who hate him.

As for the other stats, I misread the SEC stats when I made my earlier post about stats. But again, I also know what I'm seeing on the field game in and game out, year after year. Hitters are hitting those that are not named Schmidt, Crowe, and/or Hill, which means that there is a problem with the staff overall. Already tonight, there have been 2 HRs hit, and not by Cortes. We have problems with our pitching and the management of the staff We have problems with our defense. We have problems with our offense.

No one coach is safe in this situation.

Reactions: lawcalcock
Well...I know one person agrees with me. I just heard Ray Tanner say..."He's the best pitching coach in the country" on the radio broadcast. He didn't even have to mention Meyers, because the discussion was about Morris.

New

You obviously have a personal thing against Meyers. I don't really give a damn. Stevie Wonder could see what our problems have been. ZERO offense and poor fundamentals...especially late in the game. It's not pitching. Other than the HOLES smoking us, we've pretty much been in all of the games.
Really? Resorting to the "it's obviously personal" crap?

But there is no denying that there are problems with the way he handles his staff, and it has cost us over the years, even during his first stint here when we had ample amounts of offense on our teams. Our problems are NOT solely limited to offense.

Yes...It has to be personal. It's not based on facts. The man has been nothing but a success here. He's one of the top pitching coaches in the country. I guarantee...If the entire staff were fired, he would be the first one to get a job. BTW...I didn't say it was just offense...Poor fundamentals (mental and physical errors), late in the game, have cost us several games.

This is what you get with Jerry Meyers... This is the second time this year Clarke Schmidt he went out for soreness in his area...

This should read...

"Official word on Clarke Schmidt - right forearm soreness RIP Gamecocks Reed Scott takes over and he will be next to go out with soreness."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT