ADVERTISEMENT

Today really pissed me off....

curver16

Jul 26, 2009
The Governor issued a no burn. I get it, but to prevent campfires!? At home, My wife and I have enjoyed time by our fire pit for the last 5 evenings. And we have done it often. Now we are told this is banned.
Since I’m not camping, and living at home.... we should be good? We are not camping. Right?

The Governor issued a no burn. I get it, but to prevent campfires!? At home, My wife and I have enjoyed time by our fire pit for the last 5 evenings. And we have done it often. Now we are told this is banned.
Since I’m not camping, and living at home.... we should be good? We are not camping. Right?

I’d check with your local fire department.

I have been burning some very small piles of yard debris (pine straw, etc) in my yard buy now have stopped with the new ban.

No humidity, Not much rain lately...(thank God), and people dont need respiratory issues. Follow the rules.

I don’t see the swat team coming in on your bonfire.

To be honest I have not seen much of a police presence on the interstates or roads either. I think our emergency personnel are stretched a little too thin to be enforcing personal residence backyard fires right now.

It’s your f’ing house and this is (supposedly) America. Continue firing up your fire pit. It’s sad that you would even have to ask this question.

Last edited:
Man, you sound burned up and a little charred around the edges. I think a fire pit fire will be okay. Just a hose and sand nearby and remember only you can prevent forest fires

Reactions: cockofdawn
As others have stated, they’re not coming after you for a campfire. If that we’re to happen, I’d have that story to the media so fast....... that would be like a speeding ticket for 71 in a 70 zone.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Follow the rules. It’s not that big of a deal. Someone close by will report you.

From The Snake:

Smoke can exacerbate the symptoms of coronavirus patients, and also can trigger underlying respiratory issues in unaffected individuals, which could result in symptoms similar to those caused by COVID-19.

“For infected individuals, breathing smoke could make coronavirus symptoms worse, increasing the risk of hospitalization or death,” DHEC Physician Consultant said Dr. Brannon Traxler in a news release. “It could also cause people who have not contracted the coronavirus, but who are presenting COVID-19-like symptoms, to seek medical care at a time when medical resources are already stretched thin.”

Read more here: https://www.thestate.com/news/coronavirus/article241797641.html#storylink=cpy

I’m so tired of these bullsh!t rules. I wanted to have a backyard fire this weekend, but my neighbors/the HOA are already passionate about telling me what I can’t do, so there’s no way I’ll get away with it. Obviously, the cops aren’t going to come arrest me for having a fire, but I don’t want the headache. The whole point of having a fire is to relax...which I guess is illegal now too.

ADVERTISEMENT