ADVERTISEMENT

Todd Ellis Last Night

boykinlp

Oct 26, 2011
Greenville
I listened to Todd last night on the radio as I traveled between locations during the game. He mispronounced the name of the Clemson QB, Uiagalelei (had to look up the spelling😀). I realize that his name is not easy to pronounce, especially early in the season when he was "new", and that maybe many members here like what he did, but come on. I know many do it joking around, including me, but as a professional, maybe I am using that term loosely, he should have pronounced the name correctly......it's not that hard.

I just thought it was embarrassing, making the program seem second rate. I usually watch the games from home, and listen to the TV, and realize Todd has his detractors. He must be a smart guy, after all isn't he a lawyer? Maybe he was doing it jokingly to get a laugh out of the fans that were listening, but I can't imagine Bob Fulton doing that on the radio. In my younger years, I listened to radio a lot during the games, since most weren't even on TV. I am showing my age.👍 Bob was a true professional and gentleman, and I miss hearing him call the games. Maybe I am just getting old! BTW........GET OFF MY LAWN!😂

Rant over.

I listened to Todd last night on the radio as I traveled between locations during the game. He mispronounced the name of the Clemson QB, Uiagalelei (had to look up the spelling😀). I realize that his name is not easy to pronounce, especially early in the season when he was "new", and that maybe many members here like what he did, but come on. I know many do it joking around, including me, but as a professional, maybe I am using that term loosely, he should have pronounced the name correctly......it's not that hard.

I just thought it was embarrassing, making the program seem second rate. I usually watch the games from home, and listen to the TV, and realize Todd has his detractors. He must be a smart guy, after all isn't he a lawyer? Maybe he was doing it jokingly to get a laugh out of the fans that were listening, but I can't imagine Bob Fulton doing that on the radio. In my younger years, I listened to radio a lot during the games, since most weren't even on TV. I am showing my age.👍 Bob was a true professional and gentleman, and I miss hearing him call the games. Maybe I am just getting old! BTW........GET OFF MY LAWN!😂

Rant over.
We lost 30 to nothing, I’m not worried about how Todd Ellis pronounced there quarterbacks name.

I'll expect Todd to pronounce Ugly Lady's name properly when he learns how to pronounce LAXIDAISICAL first.

Reactions: LegalTiger
We lost 30 to nothing, I’m not worried about how Todd Ellis pronounced there quarterbacks name.
Exactly. I don’t give a flying flagnog how Todd pronounced his name. I’m disappointed aplenty about the game last night. Todd’s call of the game ain’t even on the list. Most of the taters I know simply call that guy DJ. I guess they can’t pronounce his last name correctly either.

I don’t listen to him, my bad.
I stopped listening years ago. Best decision I ever made regarding Gamecock football.
And, I hope someone tells him that Vandy is the not the Midshipmen. I guess like everything else football related, we fans are expected or forced to accept total mediocrity at all levels.

Fun fact, in the 19th century, Hawaiians were renowned for their seamanship and could frequently be found on crews paying well for that expertise all over the world. The English crews many of these landed with had trouble pronouncing their names and frequently just call them Kanaka instead, which is Hawaiian for human.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Rant over.
Todd Ellis is 100% Gamecocks and I like that. What fan of USC gives a damn if he pronounces the clemmy qb name wrong. The nit-picking posters always show up in here for Carolina, clemson week.

Rant over.
Todd Ellis as the voice of the Gamecocks is just another example on the long list of how this AD settles for mediocrity.

Liz McMillan ran Morgan off. She’s a dumb ass Todd Ellis enabler. Ellis couldn’t carry Morgan’s ‘jock strap’ when it comes to PBP ability and professionalism.

Ellis is a great Gamecock, he’s a terrible PBP announcer!
Ellis was a good QB at best. Don't throw around the great title too loosely.

Reactions: Sumptacock

Rant over.
I wonder what you're going to bitch about today......

Todd Ellis is 100% Gamecocks and I like that. What fan of USC gives a damn if he pronounces the clemmy qb name wrong. The nit-picking posters always show up in here for Carolina, clemson week.
100% Gamecock 100% fake PBP man

My opinion but he has as much play by play calling ability as I do. He’s a total joke and makes listening to a game on the radio difficult. Like our men’s athletic teams, he’s less than mediocre which is just fine with the powers that be.
Ever hear him when SC scores? Guy sounds like he's having a big "O." I half expect after the score he's sitting back with a glow and a cigarette.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT