ADVERTISEMENT

Todd McShay has Bentley listed as his #8 QB for the upcoming draft...

I said he would lead the SEC in 2019 and I've been consistent with that statement, again you can extrapolate, or make up whatever you like.
But I made up nothing. I'm making up nothing. You've said that Bentley will lead the SEC in 2019. You didn't say in what. But whatever it is, according to what you decline to say, it won't be because he's better than Tua. I just can't wait to watch that coalesce. In drawing the comparison between tennis and ice hockey, I didn't even say which was superior.

But I made up nothing. I'm making up nothing. You've said that Bentley will lead the SEC in 2019. You didn't say in what. But whatever it is, according to what you decline to say, it won't be because he's better than Tua. I just can't wait to watch that coalesce. In drawing the comparison between tennis and ice hockey, I didn't even say which was superior.
Well King since Bentley is a QB I think its safe to say I think he will lead the leaque in passing. Hes capable and under Werner has improved dramatically over the last half of the season

Well King since Bentley is a QB I think its safe to say I think he will lead the leaque in passing. Hes capable and under Werner has improved dramatically over the last half of the season
Do you mean yardage, TD/Int ratio, completion percentage, total quarterback rating - what?

Reactions: jonesz21
Bentley will likely lead the SEC in 2019 in both passing yards and TDs. The deciding factor will be four big games - AL and Clem at home along with UGA and TAM on the road. He has to step up against that competition. My concern is twofold - what will his int number be (must improve) and what defensive support will he get. Tua has the luxury of a defense that puts him in great situations all year long.

Do these stats carry over to next year?

Using your logic, I’m going to go ahead and predict Felipe Franks will be the best QB in the SEC next year. I will ignore this season’s stats (they don’t carry over!) and also what my eyes showed me watching Franks play poorly most of the year.

None of that matters in making predictions for next year, per your way of thinking.

Using your logic, I’m going to go ahead and predict Felipe Franks will be the best QB in the SEC next year. I will ignore this season’s stats (they don’t carry over!) and also what my eyes showed me watching Franks play poorly most of the year.

None of that matters in making predictions for next year, per your way of thinking.
Yeah thats a great comparison lol. Franks played poorly ALL year and his teammates were even calling for his head, Bentley played pretty well then extremely well at the end of the season and will be even better under Werner. Thats ok, just keep trashing your QB though.

Yeah thats a great comparison lol. Franks played poorly ALL year and his teammates were even calling for his head, Bentley played pretty well then extremely well at the end of the season and will be even better under Werner. Thats ok, just keep trashing your QB though.

I’m not trashing Bentley, I’m trashing your take that he is projected to be better than Tagovailoa next season.

The use of the Felipe Franks example was effectively used to illustrate the point that you ignoring this season’s performance to help predict next season is absurd.

Reactions: ddw1263
saw it last night during his first “mock draft” that I was flipping through the channels and watched a few minutes. Hmmm...don’t know what that means; but I was surprised to see him listed as one of the top 10 QB’s (according to McShay at least) for next year’s draft. Thoughts?
McShay was the sideline reporter when we played Clemson and got to see Bentley light up the Clemson defense making reads all the throws, and 5 TDs. That game raised Bentley's NFL stock and next season will move him up further. Might be future 1st rounder.

That's simply not true. Bentley has 2.5 years of college playing experience. He's currently a Junior that left high school halfway through his senior year. Most other current college Juniors left high school 6 months before Bentley.
He also got held back a year.

I’m not trashing Bentley, I’m trashing your take that he is projected to be better than Tagovailoa next season.

The use of the Felipe Franks example was effectively used to illustrate the point that you ignoring this season’s performance to help predict next season is absurd.
Son, I never said he would be better then Tagovailoa, said he would lead the SEC in passing. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Son, I never said he would be better then Tagovailoa, said he would lead the SEC in passing. Reading comprehension is your friend.

Actually, this is what you wrote.

“Jake will lead the SEC next year under Werner, Santa please bring us a defense that can hold teams to 24 and under”

Please use your superior reading comprehension skills to share with us where exactly the word “passing” appears.

If you're the #8 QB pick, you have to think 25% of the NFL teams are looking to replace their quarterbacks to come out. If I'm Jake and have a chance to raise my stock by staying another year, I'll stay. If I'm in the top eight DB's, WR's or linemen of any kind, I'll probably leave for the draft. But if I'm a QB or RB, I'll probably stick around.

saw it last night during his first “mock draft” that I was flipping through the channels and watched a few minutes. Hmmm...don’t know what that means; but I was surprised to see him listed as one of the top 10 QB’s (according to McShay at least) for next year’s draft. Thoughts?
Jake needs to have a consistant season next year and not be so up and down like he was this year. Maybe another year under Werner will pay big dividends next year.

Bentley will break every passing record (except Ellis 73 interceptions), but needs a couple of signature wins to complete his legacy. A defense would help the cause.

Reactions: rogue cock
Actually, this is what you wrote.

“Jake will lead the SEC next year under Werner, Santa please bring us a defense that can hold teams to 24 and under”

Please use your superior reading comprehension skills to share with us where exactly the word “passing” appears.
You were following this thread and you didnt see where I clarified that I was talking about passing? Thats on you, try to keep up.

OMG. Another Bentley thread.Or just another chance for posters to rip their quarterback.

Lol at the haters.

There's plenty worse that have and are playing and even starting in the nfl. Bentley is waaaay more pro-suited than was Shaw. He's maybe not pro bowl bound, but he'll have a decent career.

ADVERTISEMENT