ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 for KJ Henry

gfluvsthecocks

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2011
Us, Alabama, Va Tech, Georgia, and the Taters are his Top 5. Said Muschamp talks to him more than any other head coach and he feels like he can come in and play early.

Would be a big get. Let's hope the staff can close the deal.

Reactions: okccock
Us, Alabama, Va Tech, Georgia, and the Taters are his Top 5. Said Muschamp talks to him more than any other head coach and he feels like he can come in and play early.

Need a good season and show progress. We may get him.

Do we hire his Dad to help our cause? He did say it would help that school if they did that. But it would not be a guarantee if they did. Worth a shot isn't it? We really need a boost in elite pass rushers. We are currently inept in that department the past few years.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Do we hire his Dad to help our cause? He did say it would help that school if they did that. But it would not be a guarantee if they did. Worth a shot isn't it? We really need a boost in elite pass rushers. We are currently inept in that department the past few years.
Hire the man.

Hire him.

Hire the man.

Agree...for once we need to act like Auburn/Ole Miss/Bama and of course the taters and do the under the table "we hired the family member for no particular reason" approach. No one ever gets in trouble for it, so why not.

Reactions: 92Pony
Agree...for once we need to act like Auburn/Ole Miss/Bama and of course the taters and do the under the table "we hired the family member for no particular reason" approach. No one ever gets in trouble for it, so why not.
He's the RB coach at Charlotte university. He isn't a complete slouch.

Didn't they just passed a rule preventing this?

No it is legal, he is already a college coach but would need to be an on field coach.

KJ is almost begging someone to hire him in order to get his signature. What would that net the family $500k in salary upgrade vs UNCC over his time at Carolina. It is much less of a leap than hiring Bentley

He's the RB coach at Charlotte university. He isn't a complete slouch.

Thanks. I was going to ask someone what the dad did. I then realized it doesn't matter. The taters would hire someone to work in maintenance if they thought it would get the kid to sign. Sounds like the dad has some experience and could work in the AD somewhere.

Reactions: GamecockJL
Thanks. I was going to ask someone what the dad did. I then realized it doesn't matter. The taters would hire someone to work in maintenance if they thought it would get the kid to sign. Sounds like the dad has some experience and could work in the AD somewhere.

Didn't Carolina hire alshon's dad in maintenance?

Pretty sure he would need to be on field with the new rules. Maybe if he was outside the football team, it would be ok, but I doubt that is what he is asking for

Reactions: vipercock
It boils down to are we gonna get busy livin, or get busy dying?
Borrowed the quote from Shawshank Redemption.
And it's in regards to pushing the envelope on ALL fronts. Marketing, recruiting, finding any loophole that's legal and can help us. Like Bama and Clempsin bringing in past players to help in practice. Who knew? Well they did and use it.

Didn't Carolina hire alshon's dad in maintenance?

Pretty sure he would need to be on field with the new rules. Maybe if he was outside the football team, it would be ok, but I doubt that is what he is asking for

I don't remember Alshon's dad being hired, but I'm all for it if it gets us that same result:)

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
What family member did Clempsun hire?

I think one of their 2018 line backer recruits Dad works there, Jake Vegetables or something like that is the recruits name, from Daniel, I think his dad is a defensive coach. I think it was a master plan to get Jake set in motion many years prior.

Clemson has been ahead of the curve in recent years and this is another example

Last edited:

I think one of their line backer recruits Dad may work there, Jake Vegetables or something like that is his name, I think his dad is a defensive coach. Maybe Venables, I dont really know.
Oh so you mean the already defensive coordinator that's been there for several years?ohhhhhh. So, they didn't hire a family member, they just recruited one of their sons? Makes complete sense now

I don't know much about 247's "crystal ball" system but they have him "100% Clemson"

36c67cf603670d027a5a2ed3b04f81a6--emoji-faces-smiley-faces.jpg

Reactions: griffgolf

Sad day when you have to hire dad to get son to play.

Hi tater, Tillman tech hasn't officially hired anyone's family members. Tater players family members don't work for the pay that you idiots give them.

Now on to what you bozos have done.
Datboy did hire deshaun Watsons hs position coach as an anylist.
Datboy has hired Trevor lawrences hs head coach as an anylist.
Datboy has hired Deion cains hs head coach as a film assistant....
Notice a trend Mr tater?

By the way, all of those moves would be illegal now under the new rule. I call it the Swinney rule.

Hi tater, Tillman tech hasn't officially hired anyone's family members. Tater players family members don't work for the pay that you idiots give them.

Now on to what you bozos have done.
Datboy did hire deshaun Watsons hs position coach as an anylist.
Datboy has hired Trevor lawrences hs head coach as an anylist.
Datboy has hired Deion cains hs head coach as a film assistant....
Notice a trend Mr tater?

By the way, all of those moves would be illegal now under the new rule. I call it the Swinney rule.
lol that's inaccurate. Very inaccurate

Use the google. I'll even tell you what to google. But I won't link stuff from other sites here.

"Clemson hires high school coach"
I did that whole google thing and read who Mickey Conn was. You find it odd that Dabo hired a guy who was his teammate and roommate at Alabama? Seems like a pretty big difference between that, and a recruit holding his commitment hostage if you don't hire his dad. Maybe it's just me.

I did that whole google thing and read who Mickey Conn was. You find it odd that Dabo hired a guy who was his teammate and roommate at Alabama? Seems like a pretty big difference between that, and a recruit holding his commitment hostage if you don't hire his dad. Maybe it's just me.
giphy.gif

Reactions: cocky4
This a trust the coach type of thing with me. Muschamp will do it if he thinks it is best for the team to do so. Another thing here........this guy has been in NC for some time now recruiting...we need to do better in that state than we have. So this would not necessarily be some type of pity hire. Like I said..this is a trust the coach type of call.

Posted by KJ on his Twitter back in January. This just feels dirty to me. A coach should get a job because he is a good position coach. Not because his son is a top recruit. We are better than this.
C230wu2UcAAKjdr

Wow. I'd say "thanks but no thanks" to the kid after a tweet like that.

Sad day when you have to hire dad to get son to play.

Posted by KJ on his Twitter back in January. This just feels dirty to me. A coach should get a job because he is a good position coach. Not because his son is a top recruit. We are better than this.
C230wu2UcAAKjdr

^^^^^^ And the choir said amen.

This is probably the most blatant job of shopping a package deal I can recall seeing. Hire my dad and I will come play.

Someone will do it.

Google showed me in March 2016 it was announced Northwestern Head Football Coach Kyle Richardson will join Clemson's staff. In five seasons Richardson was 58-14 and won two state championships. Richardson will be join Clemson as an Offensive Assistant.

Isn't Logan Rudolph who committed in May 2016 from their 2017 class from Northwestern?

That was one way to keep a instate kid away from us besides the normal way, hook them up with IMG.

Reactions: cocky4
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT