ADVERTISEMENT

Tories Gurley Blistered Muschamp On Finebaum this afternoon

I bet they do not know that. I hope every former player receives a letter from Will and Ray.
Yeah you spend hundreds of thousands for a specific person (former players) and don’t advertise it at all. (Referring to the former player locker room only which probably cost tens to hundreds of thousands to create.) I’m sure they know.

Wow! I don’t know what to say about that. Maybe Muschamp, doesn’t won’t any former players around until he achieves a higher level of success. Former players can be brutal if they feel things aren’t going right, I think Tori Gurley should see how this season plays out before wrecking the program to the media. If we look competitive the rest of the year, I think our former players should give our coaches a vote of confidence, but if we are throttled in the majority of our games, then hammer away! This is year four and although we have a freshman “Quarterback” we should see major improvement.
exactly, and i think its pretty shoddy of the sec network because they had to know how that was gonna go down...they wanna keep us down imo

Tori probably wasn’t included because of his Twitter blast after dUNCe (Syvelle too I’m sure), because you know Ray won’t hear it after suspending a grown man for cursing, but a blind man could see how bad things were going, especially if Jake stayed at QB. That said, I ALWAYS want us to win, but if we do win Saturday, this staff ain’t going nowhere....shoot, they probably aren’t anyway.
you was disappointed when they hired him, wasnt you?

Reactions: scgamecockfan
Man, did Tori lay it on the line about the overall frustration with the program on Finebaum today. Even talked about how his friends, Clowney, Gilmore, and Jeffries, are more than frustrated with the seemingly lack of progress. Also think there seems to be a sticking point between Muschamp and former players because apparently they aren't welcomed back, and included on the sidelines, like one sees at other programs. Seems to be some angst that outside of Lattimore's off field job, that no USC folks are on staff. And Paul really touched a nerve when he just assumed that the '10 team would be honored this weekend to commemorate their beating of #1 Alabama. Tori immediately talked about how that wasnt being done, except for a tip of the cap to Garcia. Tori was hot. Apparently the fans frustration is small compared to the former players.
We have never done right by former players when compared to the Taters and other schools. Sad. Gamecockbarrassing

Sounds like Tori just wants his name out there. The best way to do it is to blow up and create social media buzz. Muschamp has incorporated new things to bring former players back. We even host a flag football game of alumni players before the spring game.

And who is Tori to say our program doesn’t deserve new facilities? Our players haven’t earned it? Sure they may have not won the games other classes have but they put in the same work they did.

Tori is concerned about himself, not South Carolina. That’s the way he’s always been. Even when he left as a redshirt sophomore to be a great NFL player... that never happened.

If he really cared about SC, he’d be talking up this program, not talking it down.

Reactions: rogue cock
DJ Swearinger hosts an Alumni basketball game on campus every year, which Muschamp is at and helps promote. There has also been many posts by former players at the new facilities. Good try Tori.

DJ Swearinger hosts an Alumni basketball game on campus every year, which Muschamp is at and helps promote. There has also been many posts by former players at the new facilities. Good try Tori.
DJ had also been critical of Muschamp's teams in the past, calling them soft among other things.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Were there not tweets of DJ at out our facility working out with Shilo Sanders this summer?

I think the relationship is fine

Most people would be soft in DJs eyes, he is a different dude

Gurley is a tool! I've heard that the Athletics Dept. or someone with football tried to help him get a job with the SEC Network, and then he goes and craps on them? Also heard he was offered a job doing something on the USC radio broadcasts or maybe it was on 107.5, but he turned it down because he wanted more money. For a guy who is trying to make it in being a sports broadcaster, he sure is doing it the wrong way in my opinion.

Tori is a blowhard who is just desperate for attention. Remember him “guaranteeing” victory over Georgia last year? His comments are inaccurate and I have on pretty good record that the sentiment is not shared by those players he mentioned.

He has not done himself any favors and I would be surprised if he is allowed to be around the program any time soon.

Reactions: rogue cock
Man, did Tori lay it on the line about the overall frustration with the program on Finebaum today. Even talked about how his friends, Clowney, Gilmore, and Jeffries, are more than frustrated with the seemingly lack of progress. Also think there seems to be a sticking point between Muschamp and former players because apparently they aren't welcomed back, and included on the sidelines, like one sees at other programs. Seems to be some angst that outside of Lattimore's off field job, that no USC folks are on staff. And Paul really touched a nerve when he just assumed that the '10 team would be honored this weekend to commemorate their beating of #1 Alabama. Tori immediately talked about how that wasnt being done, except for a tip of the cap to Garcia. Tori was hot. Apparently the fans frustration is small compared to the former players.
Muschamp is a bum! This is what you get when your board of trustees hires a jock with no experience in managing the administrative side of athletics.
I don't know anything about Gurley but the few former players that I am friends with are not Muschamp fans.
Muschamp and Tanner both need to be fired!!

Reactions: Goose cock
Why blame the coach? He gets paid to coach. He's not there to play politics and stroke the ego of former players. That is someone else's job. Namely the AD. I'm sure they have a director whose sole purpose is to do these things. Leave the coach alone. He needs to coach.

I don’t understand why Gurley is the spokesperson for the Spurrier era. I don’ my remember him being a substantial contributor during his time.
I do. He caught everything that was thrown to him, if he’d played more than one year he would easily be one of our best receivers of all time. We need some guys with hands like his now.

Muschamp is a bum! This is what you get when your board of trustees hires a jock with no experience in managing the administrative side of athletics.
I don't know anything about Gurley but the few former players that I am friends with are not Muschamp fans.
nope not buying it. Seen too many interviews and videos of him and former players. Troll on somewhere else bro.

Reactions: scgamecockfan
Why blame the coach? He gets paid to coach. He's not there to play politics and stroke the ego of former players. That is someone else's job. Namely the AD. I'm sure they have a director whose sole purpose is to do these things. Leave the coach alone. He needs to coach.

Well to be brutally honest. That is the very reason we blame the coach. Should Ray be held accountable if Muschamp doesn't work out? Of course. But Muschamp was hired, and is paid million per year, to get the program back to competitive status. So as long as he is on the clock, he most assuredly must be in line for blame.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I wish more of our ex players cared enough to comment. Seems after they graduate we never see them again yet you watch other teams with their current NFL ex players on the sidelines cheering them on. What is it we do to our ex players to make them ignore us

I don’t understand why Gurley is the spokesperson for the Spurrier era. I don’ my remember him being a substantial contributor during his time.

Tori was a solid player. Maybe not the most talented but he played hard and was a great down field blocker. Other wr hate to block. He played with heart

Were there not tweets of DJ at out our facility working out with Shilo Sanders this summer?

I think the relationship is fine

Most people would be soft in DJs eyes, he is a different dude
That's true. He's a bad ass dude.

The new ops building has a locker room especially for former players. Former players have been on the sideline. Who in their right mind would invite Tori anyway after all the public trash talking and frustration he has shared.

I hadn’t heard about the former player stuff, but if this is true...man oh man that pisses me off. A lot of times this is just a misunderstanding, though I do believe the current staff, whoever they are, should make it a point to invite former players to come. And when you have successful guys like the ones mentioned...it would be crazy if we weren’t doing everything possible to have them around. That’s why I think this probably is a misunderstanding. I wonder if anybody will
back up his claims?
I'm not in Champs corner anymore but this is BS.You have to be currently in the NFL to benon the sidelines.If every former footballer or even just 1/3 wanted to benonnthe sideline it would be chaos.They built the alumni locker room in the OPS building and players are welcomed anytime.Inthink this is Tori having some kind of vendetta or personal dislike or something.Think Champ is a good person not a good head coach

New football ops building has a designated locker room for former players.

Stop ruining the op’s negativity thread. He wants to believe it. Truth is irrelevant

Lol......you people slay me.

I wish more of our ex players cared enough to comment. Seems after they graduate we never see them again yet you watch other teams with their current NFL ex players on the sidelines cheering them on. What is it we do to our ex players to make them ignore us

Horsesh!t. We have former players on our sideline all the time. BC one person says it, doesn’t make it a fact.

Last edited:
Sounds like Tori just wants his name out there. The best way to do it is to blow up and create social media buzz. Muschamp has incorporated new things to bring former players back. We even host a flag football game of alumni players before the spring game.

And who is Tori to say our program doesn’t deserve new facilities? Our players haven’t earned it? Sure they may have not won the games other classes have but they put in the same work they did.

Tori is concerned about himself, not South Carolina. That’s the way he’s always been. Even when he left as a redshirt sophomore to be a great NFL player... that never happened.

If he really cared about SC, he’d be talking up this program, not talking it down.

That is your opinion. Tori voiced his. You are doing to Tori what you accuse him of.

That is your opinion. Tori voiced his. You are doing to Tori what you accuse him of.

Sure. But I’m also speaking positively for my university on the platform I am presented. He is not.

Yes, he is entitled to his opinion and he is on national television. I just think there was an opportunity to bring good PR to SC from a former player. He chose to insult and put down rather than point out positive things about our current situation.

And believe what you will, but a former player should NOT be saying what CURRENT players deserve. Not how that works.

I thought a big effort was made to welcome players back.

Your post does not fit the narrative of this thread!!! You cannot post the truth!!!

Never mind D.J. being here last year and again with his family at unveiling of the Football Ops building.
Never mind Mike Davis being on the sidelines and brought on the field to be recognized by the crowd...

Oh, wait... that was the game that the Muschamp bashers chose to sit out. No wonder some of you negative nellies don't know what's going on with players coming back in, because you have to BE THERE!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT