ADVERTISEMENT

Totally of topic: Taxes

IrmoRed

Nov 15, 2014
Does lack of insurance count this cycle? Obamacare...is it relevant this tax cycle? Does Trump provide relief from last year?
Thanks in advance. I'm in for 765.00, and curious if I'm liable.
If so, can I pay biweekly? Spread out over the 8.5 remaining months?

Does lack of insurance count this cycle? Obamacare...is it relevant this tax cycle? Does Trump provide relief from last year?

President Trump signed an executive order advising the IRS to not enforce this portion of the ACA.

Let's say you don't pay it and are found liable and sent a bill. Pay what you can when you can. In a couple of months (if you still have a balance) you'll get another letter saying you're delinquent. Then pay what you can when you can. If they threaten liens, contact them and let them know you'll pay what you can when you can. If you've been paying them something, a human there will see that and confirm you're intent. I don't suspect interest and penalties will be as high as you might think. They only get real bad if you ignore. With that said, If you get a bill, I would pay it off asap.

ADVERTISEMENT