ADVERTISEMENT

Tour De France

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
Lot of talk on the board about biking, other sports we watch and getting away from the cesspool of America's politicization of sports.

Keeping up with European sports sort of gets me out of local concerns. As a recreational biker, I have always enjoyed the tour. It started today. Just like soccer, the broad international diversity of it's competitors takes you out of singular country concerns and makes it all man on man with a little team action. It scenic, beautiful in it's presentation and these guys are in shape.

The problems of the tour-drugs, cheaters, and now that Armstrong is gone, even the whiny, somewhat capable American riders, don't register much with me. And the deep political ties in European sports are just interesting, not threatening. Having traveled around Europe a bit, it's interesting how geographical diversity, and national pride, outpace our seemingly endless gender and racial disputes.

There's always Covid, but at least they are trying.

Join the peloton!!!!

Last edited:
Lot of talk on the board about biking, other sports we watch and getting away from the cesspool of America's politicization of sports.

Keeping up with European sports sort of gets me out of local concerns. As a recreational biker, I have always enjoyed the tour. It started today. Just like soccer, the broad international diversity of it's competitors takes you out of singular country concerns and makes it all man on man with a little team action. It scenic, beautiful in it's presentation and these guys are in shape.

The problems of the tour-drugs, cheaters, and now that Armstrong is gone, even the whiny, somewhat capable American riders, don't register much with me. And the deep political ties in European sports are just interesting, not threatening. Having traveled around Europe a bit, it's interesting how geographical diversity, and national pride, outpace our seemingly endless gender and racial disputes.

There's always Covid, but at least they are trying.

Join the peloton!!!!

I love watching the villages where the route goes through...

Rode with a competitive cyclist a while back. He laughed about Armstrong being accused. His opinion was that there wasnt a single clean guy on the professional level, much less the Tour level. ( I know, one opinion.)

But for sports, there was some good Spartan race shows on today.

I’d like to see an athletic competition where there’s no limit to the drugs. Everyone will be at the same level. It may even provide reasons for more innovation. 😓

Reactions: IH8FATBRAD
It is a heck of a challenging race. A lot of cheating probably going on, but honestly I think they all do it. If you are too successful at cheating you get caught.

Reactions: PC31
It is a heck of a challenging race. A lot of cheating probably going on, but honestly I think they all do it. If you are too successful at cheating you get caught.
I tend to agree. They are all cheating. It's inhuman what they do.

Reactions: PC31
I watched the TDF this morning. I always watch it. I know all the bikers are cheating, we all know it. I like following the route along on a map. I just figure the best doper will win and in 7 years we will hear the truth. The scenery is great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT