ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer portal

Should have phased my response a little differently. I agree that OL should be a priority every year, but when you break down our roster and the TREMENDOUS needs we have at WR, at LB, and at CB/S, then those needs trump the priority of signing additional OL over players who are much more needed at those other positions.

Most of our OL on the roster are former high 3 star, low 4 star recruits with size and experience. And, the position group as a whole is still relatively young. The 2 newcomers will help as well. There is talent there, it just needs to a new coach to continue to develop/maximize that talent. How's that?
Reasonable, measured, well stated and all true. Our OL was pretty solid last year, pass blocking could always be better but if we get a few receivers who can GET OPEN, the sack numbers will improve even if the pass blocking is identical. We had one of the best run blocking units in the nation. Our OL is big, talented and experienced, returns basically everyone but Hutch and should keep getting better.

DB is the biggest need on our team. We lost basically our entire two deep there and are converting to a 4-2-5? Do we even HAVE 5 DBs on the team right now? With the transfers maybe..? We better get about 5-6 more good ones before the season starts or it will be damn hard to field a legit 4-2-5 set. We are short at LB too, but we have some small/athletic bodies who can fill the hybrid role well and plenty of DL talent... DB is where we need help! WR is the most important spot on offense, but I am excited about the transfer from Ga Tech and Omega coming in this class looks like a BALLER! Hope he can make an immediate impact.

Reactions: Lakecock1
He has started numerous games throughout his entire 4 year career. So, experience is a plus. He plays a position of need, so that also is a plus. He can come in and only take up a roster spot for one year until we can 'recruit over him', so that is another plus.

But, he is extremely small at only 5'9"/170 lbs. That is almost Jam Williams small. That is not a plus. I wouldn't mind seeing him added, but my gut tells me he is going to spend his final year closer to home. And, whatever school that may be will be getting a pretty damned good player.

It will because we will not get any good players. We may get one from Gardner Webb.
How is your taters handling the Nationwide drubbing with 2 Heisman Candidates.
I know I sure ENJOYED watching them it get their A@# Beat. Can't seem to get enough of watching it. watched 4 or 5 times already.
Shame to have all those 5 stars and CFB poster child in Lawrence and can't even play for the naty. What a waste of talent.

Reactions: carolinamyke
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT