ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer QB & WR info

He did start out slow, but came together a bit better toward the end of the season. Of course it seemed like most could catch better with Doty throwing.
Hill’s completion percentage here was about the same as his completion percentage at CSU. So either the WRs are just terrible every time he sees the field or the wobble he throws impacts the ability to make the catch.

Hill’s completion percentage here was about the same as his completion percentage at CSU. So either the WRs are just terrible every time he sees the field or the wobble he throws impacts the ability to make the catch.

Good players make those around them better.

As for the FCS transfers, we'll see. I'm sure they aren't thinking of that guy as competing for the starting job. Just need some bodies in the QB room at this point and it seems RH has moved on.

So guys can make the NFL if they stay in FCS but if they transferred up they would have sucked?

There is a reason why guys who are good enough to make the NFL stayed with their teams and kept doing what they were doing instead of transferring up to FBS.

There is a reason why guys who are good enough to make the NFL stayed with their teams and kept doing what they were doing instead of transferring up to FBS.

The portal has changed the transfer game, so your statement doesn't hold a lot of water. BTW Vernon Adams transferred from Eastern Wash to Oregon, and had some good success.

The guy can throw and the receiver can catch, here is where we see if the staff can develop them into an SEC caliber talent. This is where Muschamp failed horribly. We will see early with this staff because of the players we are getting in the portal. They are decent players but can we develop them into the talent we need to compete in the SEC. Let's go Beamer you got this. We hungry

Reactions: WingchunCock
This whole thing is about player development, look at how many 4* and 5* a team gets a year. They have to rely on the 3* also. Every team has 3* stars, you have to be able to coach them and develop them. No team is getting 25 - 4* and 5* to fill there rosters. The game is develop this is where stars are made, in development.

The guy can throw and the receiver can catch, here is where we see if the staff can develop them into an SEC caliber talent. This is where Muschamp failed horribly. We will see early with this staff because of the players we are getting in the portal. They are decent players but can we develop them into the talent we need to compete in the SEC. Let's go Beamer you got this. We hungry
The QB is likely back up, but the WR may see PT. If the WR can catch and make plays, then we need him.
Let's hope he has some speed.

Throwin' and catchin' is throwin' and catchin' no matter where you played.
I wish this were true....or else we would just take anyone, and Bama would just take anyone and we would all be even.
I gotta be honest...I had to look up St. Francis. I am pretty familiar with a lot of programs...and have never heard of it. I see who they play. I was not happy with our recent additions on offense for obvious reasons seen on the field....and I am positive that those guys who have already played for USC as transfers from much smaller schools/less competition played better competition on gamedays and just to get on the field/practice at their former schools.

This is a scary thought. I would definitely like to know why in the blue h#ll we keep going up north for skill guys? I had to watch OSU never adjust to motions in the NC game all night long on defense....and they're king of the hill up north. You have to openly wonder that OSU coaches felt like their adjustments would expose more than one mismatch...and opted for the "one" mismatch. I am guessing Sacred Heart and Central Connecticut aren't able to do more defensively than OSU. We play in the SEC. I'm worried.

Joe Flacco, Jimmy Garoppolo and Carson Wentz were all FCS QBs.
Here we go....out of the 10,000 D2/D3 QBs the sunshine pumpers bring out the 2-3 guys that have succeeded recently.
I will help you out.....of course it can be done. Don't know if Morehead State was D2 when Phil Simms played there, but throw him in there. Put Romo in there. Walter Payton, Jerry Rice....throw them in there. Let's just use the top 100 players of all time to make that arugment instead of the 99.999999% of all other D2/3 guys that didn't pan out in the NFL.

We can only compare D2/D3 QBs from the 2010 to present (internet age)...it's hard to hide talent nowadays. Still with your 3 mentioned.....there are about 1,000 examples in the last ten years that counteract that argument. The paid SB army is in rare form with this spin.

Wow we should rock in the FCS. This is getting embarrassing and what’s even more embarrassing is fans thinking that all these fcs players can help us compete in the sec

A few of our guys would not have started on their team last season. We need all the help we can get. A bunch of stud NFL guys come from FCS schools. Do a quick search it will amaze you. Don't be the guy that buys the ugly uncomfortable shoes just because of the name on the side of them.

Roughly 3% of NFL players came from the FCS. There were 13 FCS players drafted in 2019. So, yeah, it is possible to make it to the NFL from the FCS, but it's hardly a breeding ground.

That being said, we don't need NFL talent. That's irrelevant to the discussion.

Last edited:
Wow we should rock in the FCS. This is getting embarrassing and what’s even more embarrassing is fans thinking that all these fcs players can help us compete in the sec
What a sorry POS- dragging kids who want to commit to play here and help us win. Idiots like you make our whole fan base look bad.

If anyone was wondering if FCS guys contribute when they transfer to FBS

Of course, like any recruit/transfer it is a mixed bag, but many do contribute!

Reactions: The Gadfly
I agree but sometimes there are diamonds in the rough. Just have to hope these are 2 of them. I've seen some good ball players not get accepted out of high school who ended up at smaller colleges.

You mean like Jerry Rice and Randy Moss were at smaller schools. They did ok.

Would you rather have failed power 5 athletes who have entered the transfer portal hoping for a chance to play somewhere else, or a kid who has excelled in the FCS who may not have gotten the offers out of high school for any number of reasons? I am not a sunshine pumper, nor do I think that every kid that we offer is a ”diamond in the rough.” But... I think that a student who has proven that they can win can come in with a different attitude rather than coming in defeated or thinking that they have drawn the short straw. Coaches in the FCS are also responsible for developing talent, maybe more so than bigger schools because they often get leftovers or students with less raw talent or size.

I understand that some of these P5 transfers may have Had coaching changes or may not have fit into the Scheme at their former school, however most are not. Most are in the portal because they didn’t produce and therefore didn’t play.

Just some thoughts, not trying to be confrontational. What do you think?

Here we go....out of the 10,000 D2/D3 QBs the sunshine pumpers bring out the 2-3 guys that have succeeded recently.
I will help you out.....of course it can be done. Don't know if Morehead State was D2 when Phil Simms played there, but throw him in there. Put Romo in there. Walter Payton, Jerry Rice....throw them in there. Let's just use the top 100 players of all time to make that arugment instead of the 99.999999% of all other D2/3 guys that didn't pan out in the NFL.

We can only compare D2/D3 QBs from the 2010 to present (internet age)...it's hard to hide talent nowadays. Still with your 3 mentioned.....there are about 1,000 examples in the last ten years that counteract that argument. The paid SB army is in rare form with this spin.
Bwahahahahahahahaha. First time I’ve ever been accused of being a “sunshine pumper”. Never said it wasn’t rare only that it does happen. Since I don’t see this being a guy brought in to replace our starter (like we just watched) I’m okay with him coming in for depth. Right now we have 1 guy on campus with experience on any collegiate level at QB. Bringing a guy in for depth and practice reps is never a bad thing.

Last edited:
Dizzy,
Maybe you're right. But, one thing is certain - we are in big trouble.

Dizzy,
Maybe you're right. But, one thing is certain - we are in big trouble.
Eh. Look I was opposed to the Muschamp hire from the start and didn’t really expect much this time around since Tanner was still involved. I find the Beamer hire an interesting choice but finally seeing all of these failed Muschamp coaches moving on and bringing in guys who haven’t been passed around the SEC like a joint at a frat party is intriguing.

I also don’t think outside of QB and DB (which are huge positions) that we are really that bad off in terms of talent. I believe that we do have some guys that just need coaching and I don’t think we have had a single guy that actually knew how to do that under Muschamp.

That QB looks plenty accurate. But he won't get 6 seconds to get the pass off often in the SEC.

Eh. Look I was opposed to the Muschamp hire from the start and didn’t really expect much this time around since Tanner was still involved. I find the Beamer hire an interesting choice but finally seeing all of these failed Muschamp coaches moving on and bringing in guys who haven’t been passed around the SEC like a joint at a frat party is intriguing.

I also don’t think outside of QB and DB (which are huge positions) that we are really that bad off in terms of talent. I believe that we do have some guys that just need coaching and I don’t think we have had a single guy that actually knew how to do that under Muschamp.
You must not have watched our DL play this year. They are just plain pitiful. They are terrible against the run and get zero pressure on the QB when passing. Plus we also lost the only real SEC LB we had on the team. This team is choc full of holes where we are lacking in talent. This is going to be a huge uphill battle for Beamer to overcome.

Reactions: DeBoer31
You must not have watched our DL play this year. They are just plain pitiful. They are terrible against the run and get zero pressure on the QB when passing. Plus we also lost the only real SEC LB we had on the team. This team is choc full of holes where we are lacking in talent. This is going to be a huge uphill battle for Beamer to overcome.

We got talent, a lot of it young and under utilized. Burch should have played a lot more. He flashed almost every time he was on the field.

Reactions: The Gadfly
Actually Enagbare and Kier Thomas had nice seasons (when Kier was healthy). A few of the young guys made good plays when given a chance also. DL is one of the few potential bright spots going into next season IMO.

Last edited:
The qb looks like he may be a serviceable backup, and he does have college football experience. At 6’8”, the wr may prove to be a gem. Especially on 50/50 passes and in the red zone.

I guess criticism is part of the terrain, but I'm giving everything the benefit of the doubt - for 3 years. If this doesn't work out we will know by then or possibly before.

Go Gamecocks.

SourWeightyAmericankestrel-size_restricted.gif

Many post about the skill positions...what we really need is a sec oline. Get that and the skill positions will take care of itself
I think our OL did a fantastic job blocking last year honestly- RUN blocking. The pass blocking was below average I guess but a large part of that comes from QBs not having open guys to throw to... IOW, SKILL POSITION GUYS. I don’t care if our OL was giving the QB a full minute to stand back there and look downfield, if nobody is getting separation, or if the WRs drop it when be puts the ball on them, it is useless. We have GOT to get better receivers.

Reactions: carolinamyke
Actually Enagbare and Kier Thomas had nice seasons (when Kier was healthy). A few of the young guys made good plays when given a chance also. DL is one of the few potential bright spots going into next season IMO.
Both Enagbare and Thomas were undersized to play in the interior. Thomas was fine last year when he had Javon Kinlow beside him. Without the presence of a big space eating DT, he was manhandled on many occasions. We almost never had a DLineman on the field that weighed 300 lbs or more. If this is a bright spot Lord help us. I don't want to know what the dark spots are.

Reactions: uscwatson21
Many post about the skill positions...what we really need is a sec oline. Get that and the skill positions will take care of itself
We had one of the worst oline coaches in the country last year. I suspect this will turn quickly with any actual coaching the unit gets.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT