ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer QB & WR info

Both Enagbare and Thomas were undersized to play in the interior. Thomas was fine last year when he had Javon Kinlow beside him. Without the presence of a big space eating DT, he was manhandled on many occasions. We almost never had a DLineman on the field that weighed 300 lbs or more. If this is a bright spot Lord help us. I don't want to know what the dark spots are.
DB, WR and LB (IOW every other position on defense..) were and still are much bigger concerns. I agree our DL was a bit undersized, but it was absolutely a bright spot and should be going forward with all the young talent. Enagbare was among the SEC sack leaders until late in the year... Your assessment is inaccurate IMO. DL and OL both played well at times last year and we return most of the best players at those position groups (you don’t have a RB go over 1,100 yards in a 10 game SEC schedule without some elite blocking in front if him). We need skill players on offense and speed on the back half of our D. If there had been more than one guy (Jones who is now gone) behind the DL who could TACKLE last year, we probably could have won some more games...

DB, WR and LB (IOW every other position on defense..) were and still are much bigger concerns. I agree our DL was a bit undersized, but it was absolutely a bright spot and should be going forward with all the young talent. Enagbare was among the SEC sack leaders until late in the year... Your assessment is inaccurate IMO. DL and OL both played well at times last year and we return most of the best players at those position groups (you don’t have a RB go over 1,100 yards in a 10 game SEC schedule without some elite blocking in front if him). We need skill players on offense and speed on the back half of our D. If there had been more than one guy (Jones who is now gone) behind the DL who could TACKLE last year, we probably could have won some more games...
I wasn't talking about Oline. They did a good job at times in the running game. It's the Dline that was not good. Teams ran on us at will. A good play was holding them to 2 or 3 yards, and we never got any penetration into the backfield. Our pass rush was almost nonexistent. "A bit undersized" is an understatement. A guy at 275 playing DT isn't going to cut it against 320 lb Olinemen. We've got some guys that can play DE, but they are also having to play DT. We need a serious upgrade at the DT position. Losing Javon Kinlow last year was huge. We don't have a player of that caliber with size to replace him yet.

Huntley will be a 300 pound type DT
Sandidge has the size but needs to improve
Pickens needs to add weight if he’s staying at DT
Incoming freshman Barrett is 320
Incoming freshman Sanders will play at around 300
Ellis isn’t at 300 but more like 290 . He is a good player though in the middle
D Davis has the size. Hope he is ready this year
Webb is in the 295 range and improved this past season
We do need to sign atleast two big DTs in the 2022 class

Here we go....out of the 10,000 D2/D3 QBs the sunshine pumpers bring out the 2-3 guys that have succeeded recently.
I will help you out.....of course it can be done. Don't know if Morehead State was D2 when Phil Simms played there, but throw him in there. Put Romo in there. Walter Payton, Jerry Rice....throw them in there. Let's just use the top 100 players of all time to make that arugment instead of the 99.999999% of all other D2/3 guys that didn't pan out in the NFL.

We can only compare D2/D3 QBs from the 2010 to present (internet age)...it's hard to hide talent nowadays. Still with your 3 mentioned.....there are about 1,000 examples in the last ten years that counteract that argument. The paid SB army is in rare form with this spin.
Tell me genius which P5orG5 QB that we actually could have gotten

I wish this were true....or else we would just take anyone, and Bama would just take anyone and we would all be even.
I gotta be honest...I had to look up St. Francis. I am pretty familiar with a lot of programs...and have never heard of it. I see who they play. I was not happy with our recent additions on offense for obvious reasons seen on the field....and I am positive that those guys who have already played for USC as transfers from much smaller schools/less competition played better competition on gamedays and just to get on the field/practice at their former schools.

This is a scary thought. I would definitely like to know why in the blue h#ll we keep going up north for skill guys? I had to watch OSU never adjust to motions in the NC game all night long on defense....and they're king of the hill up north. You have to openly wonder that OSU coaches felt like their adjustments would expose more than one mismatch...and opted for the "one" mismatch. I am guessing Sacred Heart and Central Connecticut aren't able to do more defensively than OSU. We play in the SEC. I'm worried.
We have a receiver group that has dropped more passes in the past 5 years then the law should allow so I say give them a chance to play if they can't get it done get somebody else. What do we have to lose by taking the chance when what we have can't get open or can't catch a cold? Meanwhile keep hitting the recruiting road. We had one guy who could catch this year and when he got hurt the rest were exposed so welcome aboard. JMO

We have a receiver group that has dropped more passes in the past 5 years then the law should allow so I say give them a chance to play if they can't get it done get somebody else. What do we have to lose by taking the chance when what we have can't get open or can't catch a cold? Meanwhile keep hitting the recruiting road. We had one guy who could catch this year and when he got hurt the rest were exposed so welcome aboard. JMO
all true. I think you're right. We have to take what we can get, and run with them. I just wish we could get more/better talent in the mean time. I love Stepp and have full confidence that his group will be good. He also is walking into the worst "room" on the team (maybe that's 50/50 with DBs).

Reactions: jimnasium
Actually Enagbare and Kier Thomas had nice seasons (when Kier was healthy). A few of the young guys made good plays when given a chance also. DL is one of the few potential bright spots going into next season IMO.
I am excited by and really like Hemingway, Pickens and Burch (of course). Sandidge did well in spots too...he flashes and you can see NFL potential in him. I'm wondering if there isn't a lazy button to push somewhere in there.

I said I wasn't happy with how things have went. I have no choice but to hope for the best. If everyone is honest they are doing the exact same thing.
I agree with this whole-heartedly. Exactly how I feel. I love my Gamecocks....no matter who is at the helm or where we are. But, I didn't (and don't) like the overall direction and I'm pretty sure I will know the outcome. That sucks as a lifelong supporter of the program.

Tell me genius which P5orG5 QB that we actually could have gotten
I think you forgot to change your monikor there "Bulldog" about "OUR" program's potential to get a P5 transfer QB.

I don't know...maybe any one of the GD 65 backup QBs on those P5 teams this year.....how bout that? You know....the Ryan Hilinski types who got railroaded out of a year of play? Amongst the group of 5....add another 60-100 guys that would jump at the chance to play at a more prestigious program and conference. Elevate their competition proof and have a "free" year to do it while other years you would likely have to sit out barring special circumstance.

It isn't too hard. If a guy was a solid QB prospect and sitting behind Sam Howell for instance...he's about to receive minimal snaps in actual practice and not smell the field the entire next year barring injury. Maybe a coach that was hired who is so beloved, he could convince a 3rd string QB to come with him from his previous university he just left. I guess I 'm a genius that I know and come up with these things. UGA sucks and is one of the most under-performing programs in the nation given the talent and setup that exists there the last 25 years by the way.

I think you forgot to change your monikor there "Bulldog" about "OUR" program's potential to get a P5 transfer QB.

I don't know...maybe any one of the GD 65 backup QBs on those P5 teams this year.....how bout that? You know....the Ryan Hilinski types who got railroaded out of a year of play? Amongst the group of 5....add another 60-100 guys that would jump at the chance to play at a more prestigious program and conference. Elevate their competition proof and have a "free" year to do it while other years you would likely have to sit out barring special circumstance.

It isn't too hard. If a guy was a solid QB prospect and sitting behind Sam Howell for instance...he's about to receive minimal snaps in actual practice and not smell the field the entire next year barring injury. Maybe a coach that was hired who is so beloved, he could convince a 3rd string QB to come with him from his previous university he just left. I guess I 'm a genius that I know and come up with these things. UGA sucks and is one of the most under-performing programs in the nation given the talent and setup that exists there the last 25 years by the way.
You said it all you think you are a genius. Do you think the staff hasn’t thought of this? Maybe they will read all you brilliant post and learn something lol

Huntley will be a 300 pound type DT
Sandidge has the size but needs to improve
Pickens needs to add weight if he’s staying at DT
Incoming freshman Barrett is 320
Incoming freshman Sanders will play at around 300
Ellis isn’t at 300 but more like 290 . He is a good player though in the middle
D Davis has the size. Hope he is ready this year
Webb is in the 295 range and improved this past season
We do need to sign atleast two big DTs in the 2022 class
No one can speak as to what will happen. All we know is what the current situation is now. The current roster players you listed are all between 275 and 295 with the exception of Pickens who is listed as exactly 300. They are simply not big enough to compete in the SEC against lines that avg 310-320. These guys have to get bigger and stronger before next year to compete at this level.

You pretty much have to discount any freshmen coming in for next year. History proves they are not ready to compete just coming in. Even Clowney didn't start when he first got here. Looking at the list of recruits for next year I don't see any eye popping specimens on the list. We really need to get a transfer or 2 signed up who can play at this level.

I agree about 2022. We need to sign at least 2 GOOD, BIG DTs in that class. Of course that won't help for a couple more years.

Reactions: carolinamyke
Do you think the staff hasn’t thought of this?
Yep...our QB starter from a 2-8 team has 5 years to play 4. Who wants to transfer into that when there are better options?
The question everyone should ask is: Can Shane Beamer evaluate talent?
And anyone know knows anything about recruiting/transfers/JUCO knows, it's hit and miss.

Reactions: WingchunCock
Here we go....out of the 10,000 D2/D3 QBs the sunshine pumpers bring out the 2-3 guys that have succeeded recently.
I will help you out.....of course it can be done. Don't know if Morehead State was D2 when Phil Simms played there, but throw him in there. Put Romo in there. Walter Payton, Jerry Rice....throw them in there. Let's just use the top 100 players of all time to make that arugment instead of the 99.999999% of all other D2/3 guys that didn't pan out in the NFL.

We can only compare D2/D3 QBs from the 2010 to present (internet age)...it's hard to hide talent nowadays. Still with your 3 mentioned.....there are about 1,000 examples in the last ten years that counteract that argument. The paid SB army is in rare form with this spin.
We don't need to find NFL talent in the FCS. To start with, we just need to find the talent to beat Kentucky.

I’m not adept at breaking down recruiting film. I rarely even look at highlight films because a lot of times kids are playing against terrible competition. Clowney’s film is one of very, very few where even *I* could see his talent/potential. Having said all of that, for some reason these guys (the WR more so) excite me! Can’t wait to see them (hopefully) play!
I agree. One of the few "hits" I have successfully made was on Master Teague's highlight films. That guy was a tough runner when he was a senior in HS and I wanted him to choose SC. He obviously chose Ohio St. and played a significant role in his freshman year.

You said it all you think you are a genius. Do you think the staff hasn’t thought of this? Maybe they will read all you brilliant post and learn something lol
Well McMuffin, if they've thought of this and CAN'T get ONE P5 backup or third string QB to come to SC....then I guess you'll be really happy because that means Carolina program's current status is around 110-120 out of the 130 D1 programs.

We don't need to find NFL talent in the FCS. To start with, we just need to find the talent to beat Kentucky.

Yeah no crap. You're preaching to the choir. I was responding to yet another idiotic comparison from the Beamer camp. Constant comparisons to bad Carolina hires in the last month to Hall of Fame coaches and in this specific case...3 NFL quarterbacks to possible incoming FCS QB.

Do you think that FCS talent can beat Kentucky? I know it can't. We have about 25% of our team that is FCS "talent" in 2020 (including recent transfers) and it was very easy to see how badly we got smoked...something like 41-18 I believe. With our recent coaches and FCS players....I guess things will get better according to Dizzy here...since Garropollo and Wentz have had NFL careers.

Not toward you Doc....but I'm starting to see how some of these people with the Children of God sect ended up dying. I always thought they were either partially mentally unstable or had death wishes. Maybe it's an IQ issue?

Yeah no crap. You're preaching to the choir. I was responding to yet another idiotic comparison from the Beamer camp. Constant comparisons to bad Carolina hires in the last month to Hall of Fame coaches and in this specific case...3 NFL quarterbacks to possible incoming FCS QB.

Do you think that FCS talent can beat Kentucky? I know it can't. We have about 25% of our team that is FCS "talent" in 2020 (including recent transfers) and it was very easy to see how badly we got smoked...something like 41-18 I believe. With our recent coaches and FCS players....I guess things will get better according to Dizzy here...since Garropollo and Wentz have had NFL careers.

Not toward you Doc....but I'm starting to see how some of these people with the Children of God sect ended up dying. I always thought they were either partially mentally unstable or had death wishes. Maybe it's an IQ issue?
I think 80% of people knew Muschamp would fail based on his results at Florida. He had a shot at a school that is easy to recruit to and despite great recruiting success he couldn’t be fully competitive.

I don’t know about Beamer. I’m still very hesitant but I do know I haven’t seen any of these guys fail spectacularly at a prime location. At this pointI would rather take a shot at a guy who might surprise you than taking a shot at a guy we know won’t even meet expectations. We’ve been watching the latter here since EJ left for his HC opportunity.

Again I don’t think anyone is being brought in to start but I’m also not going to just decide that guys are terrible and can’t contribute because they played lower level football. No one knows why kids end up at these programs. It isn’t always a lack of on field talent.

Well McMuffin, if they've thought of this and CAN'T get ONE P5 backup or third string QB to come to SC....then I guess you'll be really happy because that means Carolina program's current status is around 110-120 out of the 130 D1 programs.
Why would a p5 backup come to USC to most likely be a backup?

Bobo is moving in for the poach of the qb kid It would be shitty if Bobo didn’t bring Hill with him. After all - he knows that offense so well. ???

Last edited:
There is a reason why guys who are good enough to make the NFL stayed with their teams and kept doing what they were doing instead of transferring up to FBS.

where are the bad hires? I like this staff so far. Got rid of those creating chaos and made them pay to leave. This staff will prove to be a good one.

Looks like Auburn is after Brown too... Maybe we will get them if we take both together... Sounds like they are ready to commit, but they have not yet!

Oh ok. So you riot for weeks now you want unity?
None of us on the board have rioted. We believe in Free Speech. We are entitled to our opinion as you and the rest of the members on this board are.

If you don't like what we write I suggest you try the ignore feature. I myself refuse to be bullied. I don't like to see others bullied either, especially for voicing their opinion.

None of us on the board have rioted. We believe in Free Speech. We are entitled to our opinion as you and the rest of the members on this board are.

If you don't like what we write I suggest you try the ignore feature. I myself refuse to be bullied. I don't like to see others bullied either, especially for voicing their opinion.
I believe in free speech too. It allows me to see who the assholes are.

where are the bad hires? I like this staff so far. Got rid of those creating chaos and made them pay to leave. This staff will prove to be a good one.
Man I wish you were right. But, sadly, you are currrently incorrect and that will not change regarding this staff.
also/ Deion sanders has 12 D1 commits...almost all former 3 and 4 star guys out of HS. Stars don’t mean everything....but one dude with one voice working to gather talent has done this ...at Jackson state.
here at Carolina....we have a DL coach who I believe his only d1 coaching experience has been at Illinois recently. Don’t bring up the nfl and the program he was in....I’m talking about a guy who other coaches sought after to have part of their staff. He’s about 43-44 years oldright? Been around a long time. If you think the majority (65% at least) of the hires SB has made in the last month will ever have a job at ANY (including candy) other SEC school for longer than one year then you are loco.
we are in a f’ing nightmare.I’m not being doom and gloom...i’m past that. I have come to grips with the 100% fail expectation for this staff and program ....amd I will continue to support them which is me being part of the problem.

Last edited:
Man I wish you were right. But, sadly, you are currrentlt incorrect and that will not change regarding this staff.
also/ Deion sanders has 12 D1 commits...almost all former 3 and 4 star guys out of HS. Stars don’t mean everything....but one dude with one voice working to gather talent has done this ...at Jackson state.
here at Carolina....we have a DL coach who I believe his only d1 coaching experience has been at Illinois recently. Don’t bring up the nfl and the program he was in....I’m talking about a guy who other coaches sought after to have part of their staff. He’s about 43-44 years oldright? Been around a long time. If you think the majority (65% at least) of the hires SB has made in the last month will ever have a job at ANY (including candy) other SEC school for longer than one year then you are loco.
we are in a f’ing nightmare.I’m not being doom and gloom...in past that. I have come to grips with the 100% fail expectation for this staff and program ....amd I will continue to support them which is me being part of the problem.
You haven’t made one positive post since you’ve been on here

Reactions: Robhawk29
Man I wish you were right. But, sadly, you are currrently incorrect and that will not change regarding this staff.
we are in a f’ing nightmare.I’m not being doom and gloom...i’m past that. I have come to grips with the 100% fail expectation for this staff and program ....amd I will continue to support them which is me being part of the problem.
The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Good grief, not one single positive post from you since I joined this forum. Please refrain from spreading your doom and gloom

Yep you can see most qb transfers are going well below their previous program where there is almost a guarantee to start
This is what I don’t understand about your logic. WE are well below most other group of 5 programs...and below 95% of the P5 programs.
People from any d1 school’s top 3 QBs have an excellent chance to start at usc....immediately. I hope this comes off as me being super positive and mentioning all the upside to coming here immediately. That last part is very true...which makes the lack of P5 transfers to sc even more humiliating and frustrating.

The sky is falling, the sky is falling. Good grief, not one single positive post from you since I joined this forum. Please refrain from spreading your doom and gloom
Then you must have joined in the last month.
this isn’t a bedside parable....lots of big issues, people’s jobs, turmoil, embarrassment and hard feelings are going to be coming down amongst this football program in the next 3 years.
you won’t find many (maybe any) posts of me rallying to fire tanner....but I think that is the right move. The hirings and the transfers being accepted are way past alarming. Even worse...the mediocre to lukewarm players that were hanging on by a thread in this conference that are transferring are much better players than what we are backfilling with.
with That said- the sky literally is falling...all around the gamecock football program. I keep hoping the next day will turn a positive corner...and it keeps getting worse. Are we as true Gamecock football fans being punked? This is the most elaborate and hellish torture scenario ever created.

You haven’t made one positive post since you’ve been on here
Wrong by the way. Love the stepp hire, and really like the ST hire.
if you’ve been on here longer than 2-3 years...you’d know better as well.
ive Been on since 1999...when it was border wars.
being a realist isn’t being negative.

Being on the payroll as an online opinion influencer with intent to spin is tantamount to watching goats eat in a pasture...it’s meaningless. You are quick to respond to a lot of posts. Quick/ what was Steve Taneyhills dads profession?

Move on if your that unhappy. Must suck being this sour all the time.

Wrong by the way. Love the stepp hire, and really like the ST hire.
if you’ve been on here longer than 2-3 years...you’d know better as well.
ive Been on since 1999...when it was border wars.
being a realist isn’t being negative.

Being on the payroll as an online opinion influencer with intent to spin is tantamount to watching goats eat in a pasture...it’s meaningless. You are quick to respond to a lot of posts. Quick/ what was Steve Taneyhills dads profession?
I’ve been here a whole lot longer than 2-3yrs and thought I remembered you being a decent poster. Don’t know what Beamer did to you, but dang man. Give the negativity (and the rest of us) a rest.

Move on if your that unhappy. Must suck being this sour all the time.
You move on. I’m not unhappy. I lead my life wirh my eyes wide open. if you are NOT dissatisfied with the state of our football program then you are either stupid or high.

he who doth not protest, might as well thrust the knife himself.

I’ve been here a whole lot longer than 2-3yrs and thought I remembered you being a decent poster. Don’t know what Beamer did to you, but dang man. Give the negativity (and the rest of us) a rest.
Then you should know I’m not a paid online poster like some of these taters.
shane Beamer is a great guy. Beloved by all. Super sweet guy. Reminds me a whole lot of sparky woods...without the offensive mind or success. I want the best for our football team. It is obvious many of you are resigned to bending over for the next 3-4 years. I just am not that guy.

Reactions: uscwatson21
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT