ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer QB & WR info

I’m not adept at breaking down recruiting film. I rarely even look at highlight films because a lot of times kids are playing against terrible competition. Clowney’s film is one of very, very few where even *I* could see his talent/potential. Having said all of that, for some reason these guys (the WR more so) excite me! Can’t wait to see them (hopefully) play!

• Haha
Reactions: DeBoer31
Wow we should rock in the FCS. This is getting embarrassing and what’s even more embarrassing is fans thinking that all these fcs players can help us compete in the sec
I agree but sometimes there are diamonds in the rough. Just have to hope these are 2 of them. I've seen some good ball players not get accepted out of high school who ended up at smaller colleges.

Wow we should rock in the FCS. This is getting embarrassing and what’s even more embarrassing is fans thinking that all these fcs players can help us compete in the sec
Well, we need bodies and depth at these positions. It’s a good idea and there is upside. This is still college football where less than 2% move on the the NFL. They can compete.

Umm you are aware that there have been and still are NFL players who played at FCS schools right? I believe the late Steve McNair played his college ball at one of those “low level” programs, because the P5 programs offered him as a DB but didn’t want him as a QB. How good was he at QB on Sundays? Are there many players like that in the FCS ranks? No, but there are always a few; late bloomers or guys the big programs misevaluated.

I agree but sometimes there are diamonds in the rough. Just have to hope these are 2 of them. I've seen some good ball players not get accepted out of high school who ended up at smaller colleges.

AHHH, the old diamond in the rough justification. We talked about diamonds in the rough with Will a lot. Hopefully that isn’t the case with Beamer.

What really hurts is we aren't even getting them from a good team. They went 3-4 in the Northeast conference. I've never even heard of the Northeast conference.

• Wow
Reactions: Brace1
Anyone that can catch is welcome. Doesn’t matter their level of previous play. And as far as the QB, watch his tape. He’s pretty good. We need a solid back up to Doty who is a true dual threat QB. He’s going to get banged up during a game. We need someone who can and has taken a snap before at the college level.
I hope both decide to come to SC.

But not nearly as embarrassing as you are on a gamecock message board
Hate calling you out because have no clue who you are but your constant post insulting any our teams , any gamecock coach , or any gamecock player just goes over board at some point .

You spent weeks badmouthing everyone- now you want to hope for the best.
Please cut him and the rest of us a break.
It has taken many of us longer to process some recent disappointments.

We are trying to move forward. I wasn't against hiring CSB. But the hiring of the staff hasn't gone the way we thought.

I'm sure we can all agree about the hiring of the staff not coming along as we originally thought

if we are being honest.

Reactions: Brace1
Please cut him and the rest of us a break.
It has taken many of us longer to process some recent disappointments.

We are trying to move forward. I wasn't against hiring CSB. But the hiring of the staff hasn't gone the way we thought.

I'm sure we can all agree about the hiring of the staff not coming along as we originally thought

if we are being honest.
Oh ok. So you riot for weeks now you want unity?

Might as well roll the dice and see what we get. There's nowhere to go but up as far as QB play is concerned.

Umm you are aware that there have been and still are NFL players who played at FCS schools right? I believe the late Steve McNair played his college ball at one of those “low level” programs, because the P5 programs offered him as a DB but didn’t want him as a QB. How good was he at QB on Sundays? Are there many players like that in the FCS ranks? No, but there are always a few; late bloomers or guys the big programs misevaluated.
Your example is a player from almost 20 years ago?

I’m sure Jalen Brooks was an absolute monster at Wingate as well but look how he fared against stiffer competition. I hope these 2 do amazing things but realistically they will more than likely just provide needed depth at some thin positions.
That’s really your argument?
“ I’m sure he was a monster “
The guy who was in our system with basically zero QB play
Really

Reactions: Dizzy01
He did start out slow, but came together a bit better toward the end of the season. Of course it seemed like most could catch better with Doty throwing.

Joe Flacco, Jimmy Garoppolo and Carson Wentz were all FCS QBs.

Flacco transferred down to FCS and neither of the other two ever transferred up to FBS.

There is a reason why these guys aren’t comparable to those guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT