ADVERTISEMENT

Travon Walker - Tuesday announcement

He’s going to UGA. Hope I’m wrong.
I think you are right how many big time defensive players have we already lost. We are about where we always are the big guys seems to always get away. Yes we get lucky on a few but not enough to compete with the big time pro Graham’s. That is the way it has always been and always will be. I have been watching this for a lot more years than 90% of you guys are years old. It’s never gonna change but as a Gamecock fan you just keep hoping. My problem is I am running out of years.

I think you are right how many big time defensive players have we already lost. We are about where we always are the big guys seems to always get away. Yes we get lucky on a few but not enough to compete with the big time pro Graham’s. That is the way it has always been and always will be. I have been watching this for a lot more years than 90% of you guys are years old. It’s never gonna change but as a Gamecock fan you just keep hoping. My problem is I am running out of years.
Honestly, if you talk to most UGA fans, they feel WM has done better on the DL than KS. Probably the only position, but there is good reason to think that way.

I'm 78 years of age so I should have a right to disagree with you. Whether it be war, sales, sports or what ever, if you have the resources , the right people to lead the program, a great fan base support and a good infusion of talent, you can be very successful. We have all of the above and it ill continue to get better. Carolina until now, even when Spurrier was here didn't have what was needed to stay on top. Up until Jim Carlen came to town, Carolina only really cared about beating Clemson, no matter if there was no bowl game or ranking. No body knew a thing that went on with recruiting. I really believe we at last are committed to becoming a top tier SEC program and this year should have us knocking on the door for he SEC elites to make room for the FIGHTING GAMECOCKS.

I'm 78 years of age so I should have a right to disagree with you. Whether it be war, sales, sports or what ever, if you have the resources , the right people to lead the program, a great fan base support and a good infusion of talent, you can be very successful. We have all of the above and it ill continue to get better. Carolina until now, even when Spurrier was here didn't have what was needed to stay on top. Up until Jim Carlen came to town, Carolina only really cared about beating Clemson, no matter if there was no bowl game or ranking. No body knew a thing that went on with recruiting. I really believe we at last are committed to becoming a top tier SEC program and this year should have us knocking on the door for he SEC elites to make room for the FIGHTING GAMECOCKS.
I am 76 so yes we have seen a lot how many times have we heard wait till next year, only problem is next year never comes. When we build something new it’s always trying to keep up. We are never the first to have something before the other schools have it.

SIAP but he is cousins with DJ and Dylan Wonnum. Hope that helps us out.

Dude, you have to admit the D-line class is awesome on paper of course. You dont get everybody you want

Dude, you have to admit the D-line class is awesome on paper of course. You dont get everybody you want
You are correct. I guess I have seen us fall on our butts so many times over the years I am just paronoid.

You are correct. I guess I have seen us fall on our butts so many times over the years I am just paronoid.

Assuming Belk is essentially a 2019 guy, we’re sitting with a top five DT and a top 5 strong side end in Pickens. And there are some other nice pieces around them assuming Green can qualify. As group, the 2019 D line guys still look really strong. And Sorrells is still an option assuming Green is a miss, or even as an additional piece on his own.

If you want to freak out, we don’t have a solid LT prospect right now in the class. RB is soft. And we need another legit CB prospect.

Walker is UGA bound, I dont even think we are # 2, I thinks its Clemson and we are # 3

Hopefully Wonnum Magic happens and im completely wrong

Lets get Sorrells and hang on to Green and get Green into school

Last edited:
I am 76 so yes we have seen a lot how many times have we heard wait till next year, only problem is next year never comes. When we build something new it’s always trying to keep up. We are never the first to have something before the other schools have it.

If age and term being a Gamecock begets wisdom, at 87 I am in elevated company. Unfortunately sometimes age just make you older. I go back to 1945 as a dedicated Gamecock supporter and the periods of euphoria have been fairly rare and short lived. I do think that one of the main reasons for that state of affairs is the general gloom and doom of too many who follow the Gamecocks. I am not one of those and know from long experience in other endeavors that there is no law that dictates such attitudes. I still look forward to the football season and based on what many other schools have done, know that it is not inevitable that we are are doomed to be the last to get to a teat. Nowhere is that attitude of a looser more apparent than those who see others as out to downrate USC, treat star ratings unfavorable, etc., etc.

We have many people working hard and effectively to improve our sports programs and need recognition rather than complaints.

If you really want improvement and to build a better future, quit whining and grab a shovel.

the only thing I disagree is get a ladder (to climb out of the hole VS getting a shovel to only dig deeper...) good post sand !

When is making an announcement? Sounds like he's 100% UGA.

Not a bad trade if we get him.

FYI Espn has Sorrells #49 and Walker # 51 in the ESPN 300

I have watched neither, no opinion on who is better, I do think the staff knew he was most likely UGA bound, if you look at his most recent interviews, he says Clemson and UGA were in touch the most, usually I would have issue but Walker's situation seems like his cousins knew he was about to commit to UGA and got him up here to see something else before he committed and we pitched him but knew if he left without committing he was going to UGA.

Reactions: roosterbell
FYI Espn has Sorrells #49 and Walker # 51 in the ESPN 300

I have watched neither, no opinion on who is better, I do think the staff knew he was most likely UGA bound, if you look at his most recent interviews, he says Clemson and UGA were in touch the most, usually I would have issue but Walker's situation seems like his cousins knew he was about to commit to UGA and got him up here to see something else before he committed and we pitched him but knew if he left without committing he was going to UGA.
Sorrells did better than Walker at the Opening which I think ESPN puts more stock into than the other recruiting sites. Sorrells made 1st all camp there.

Rivals weight seems old and not updated and incorrect.

Even if it was correct, this staff has show they are very adept at identifying players with the proper frame to add weight and they project well what they can become.

Coach Thompson already has said he likes to grow and develop his DT's.

Don't forget Rivals had Sadaris Hutcherson as 230 lbs., when he committed and a lot posters thought it was the return of the Brad Scott Era and rivals was wrong about his weight and then our staff was right and he put on more and he is a big man today.

Don't worry about the weight rivals has, is the point of this story.

Getting this guy would take the sting out of losing this head to head with the dogs. Last year we lost Tindall at lb but came up with a former FSU commit at lb and he has drawn rave reviews. Be nice to see Sorrells turn out that way. Course they got Walker and we don't have Sorrells yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT