ADVERTISEMENT

True story in Knoxville...

ruffledfeathers

Dec 26, 2000
South Carolina
While getting off the Neyland Stadium shuttle bus to go to my car, I overheard the shuttle driver's radio.

Someone was asking traffic control if they could allow a Mayflower van to use the shuttle lanes to avoid gameday lane closures.

Supervisor came back with "Sure, send them straight to Butch Jones house."

Those within earshot(mostly Vols) busted out laughing.

Starving comedians out there, and there he is trying to be funny
Ya know, here's the thing. UT has been that way for quite a few decades!! Hell, the first time we beat them back in 92 (I think!!) at WillyB, they fired their then coach who was in like his 10th or 11th year!!! It's difficult to get Knoxville to be similar to Tuscaloosa. And UT fans are willing and ready to do ANYTHING to bridge that gap!! Hell, that IS the UT tradition!!!

Just stating that fact(s) UT fans, just stating the facts!!

dabotiger_medium.gif

No, they would likely take the real winning component, Veneables. If so, Tennessee would be stronger, but the taters would start to fall from their lofty perch. So a double edged sword.

Honestly don't believe Venables will accept any HC job other than at his alma mater, Kansas State.
Yeah, he would turn down a head coaching job making a half million to a million more a year at a power conference school. I don't think so, he would jump at the chance, and daboo would hate it but say it's the right thing for his asst coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT