ADVERTISEMENT

Tuesday presser - Kornblut asked about Twitter video

Wjmfour1

GarnetTrust.com Member/Supporter
Gold Member
Oct 29, 2019
Kornblut asked Chump about the Twitter video and he said it was him and Justin King messing around and wasn't sure how it got released. Chump said his mom called him before the game about the video. Chump made digs at Kornblut the rest of the presser because he asked the question.

Kornblut asked Chump about the Twitter video and he said it was him and Justin King messing around and wasn't sure how it got released. Chump said his mom called him before the game about the video. Chump made digs at Kornblut the rest of the presser because he asked the question.

Too bad Kornbult didn't make digs at Chump about Clemson, App State, UNCarolina, UVA Bowl game, Tennessee, KY...

When you're winning and winning big, you can give out digs... But this Chump is just pathic....

Reactions: USCLaw85
I guess Muschamp must follow the Carolina message boards and decided to use the “tater” defense.

Reactions: paladin181
I think Phil pulls for whichever team in the state is the best. He has been on the Clemson bandwagon for almost 7 years now. During the Gamecocks 5 year run he was all Carolina.
He's kinda like the Paul Finebaum of SC sports radio. Only Paul stirred the pot well enough between Alabama and Auburn fans that it led to his current platform. Paul's genius was in letting his callers embarrass themselves (and each other) to the entertainment of everybody else listening in with laughter.

This fits my memory. I recall many Clemson fans hating "Korncoot".
They hated him for uncovering something embarrassing about their program. I think it might have been the kicker's cocaine arrest. He and KMac also took a stand against the rampant homerism in the upstate media. ie: People in the press box with paws painted on their faces, wearing orange/purple at pressers and the fact they circle the wagons around the program so well to avoid any criticism.

The video didn't offend me but I know it did some people and that's fine. Folks like to clutch their pearls sometimes.

The meat of his answer was fine explaining what it was an apologized. But Muschamp looks like an ass for attacking the one guy with the stones willing to ask the question.

He was going to have to address it at some point, so why so upset about someone asking a simple question? As a fan, I wanted the question asked. It would be weird and North Korea like if the question never got asked. The man makes over 4 million a year to win just 50% of his games, he should be able to handle this question without becoming an a-hole.

The video didn't offend me but I know it did some people and that's fine. Folks like to clutch their pearls sometimes.

The meat of his answer was fine explaining what it was an apologized. But Muschamp looks like an ass for attacking the one guy with the stones willing to ask the question.

He was going to have to address it at some point, so why so upset about someone asking a simple question? As a fan, I wanted the question asked. It would be weird and North Korea like if the question never got asked. The man makes over 4 million a year to win just 50% of his games, he should be able to handle this question without becoming an a-hole.
Not a fan of his but Muschamp did a fine job answering the question. Phil is a tool. When you deal with someone who is being a Phallus sometime your best reply is to be a Phallus back. If Phil spent more time on quality journalism and less on shock value he would be a lot better off!!

Not a fan of his but Muschamp did a fine job answering the question. Phil is a tool. When you deal with someone who is being a Phallus sometime your best reply is to be a Phallus back. If Phil spent more time on quality journalism and less on shock value he would be a lot better off!!
What is shock value about that question? It happened. It went viral on social media. Fans want to know the back story. Phil asked a professional (and in no way shocking) question.

If Phil is getting criticized by both sides that tells me he’s doing his job

Asking the question in general was sensationalism at its best. Non story move on!!!

The athletic department said he would address it. 72 hours later, crickets. 22 minutes into his presser...question not asked.

Although most of us didn't mind the video, it is pretty obvious that whoever made it public meant to do harm. That person is most likely employed by the USC Athletic department to have access to it. So, there is a mole in Muschamp's organization.

Asking if he had determined who was responsible (that was his question!) is not sensationalism. If you don't want to know you aren't very curious.

Reactions: 76MACC
The athletic department said he would address it. 72 hours later, crickets. 22 minutes into his presser...question not asked.

Although most of us didn't mind the video, it is pretty obvious that whoever made it public meant to do harm. That person is most likely employed by the USC Athletic department to have access to it. So, there is a mole in Muschamp's organization.

Asking if he had determined who was responsible (that was his question!) is not sensationalism. If you don't want to know you aren't very curious.
When USC has info I’m sure they will release. By making it a focal point the mole will go deeper and will not be found. He brought it up for shock value, plain and simple. I agree the release was done maliciously. Phil was trying to be relevant and stand out. If anyone else thought it was pertinent information they would have addressed the video. Like I said non story !!

To be fair to Muschamp, he's under a lot of pressure because his football teams aren't living up to expectations. The man is on edge. It's his own fault, let me be clear on that. But I can see why he's so quick to get upset when people make his pressers harder.

If you want to see some baiting questions watch Wallace as moderator of the debate tonight. He will get Trumped

Reactions: Tmac069
Would’ve been not as big an issue had he won Saturday’s contest.

There are many other ways he could have handled it in a better manner and still have been honest about it. The question was going to come about eventually , from someone , somewhere. He did not make it any better and only made it worse , imho.

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
There are many other ways he could have handled it in a better manner and still have been honest about it. The question was going to come about eventually , from someone , somewhere. He did not make it any better and only made it worse , imho.

Yeah, personally not offended by the video but question why even give something like that a chance of being out there. You get paid a lot to make sure you don’t do stupid crap like this. It all could have been addressed with a simple statement at any point before the wit was asked...

Reactions: USCLaw85

I don't have a problem with the video if Muschamp can back up his mouth and by winning games... But when you're losing, its this video is just plain dumb and stupid...

But, with that said... Could you get away with this at your job, using the equipment, wearing the company logo and on the company's property??? I would say no, you would be fired for this, because you may offend some customers, specially when you put out a crappy product...

Who gives a crap what a reporter asked? Wins and losses count. If you are mad at Phil for asking a question, you need to walk away. If we win, no one gives a rip that Phil asked. We lost, so everyone is on edge. I don't care what reporters ask. All I care is if we won or not. Spoiler alert: We lost again.

Being a Carolina Grad does not automatically make one a Gamecock.
One need not be a Gamecock to cover the Gamecocks fairly. Fanboys have their place and can provide some good information and interviews, but sometimes it is good to get the truth where you don’t need to wonder if it is shaded by an allegiance to a program.

I think Phil does a good job and I like his radio site for recruiting updates and his radio show, the other sports show on is the Tater talk show on my drive home, both fan bases think he pulls for the other, he does his job.

What Coach should do is get with Justin King and find out how it got out and can some people unless Justin sent it out then just lecture Justin not to do it anymore :)

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
Good Lord. I heard about the video, haven’t watched it, but am I correct in that it was made TWO YEARS ago? Are there not bigger issues to discuss than some video that was made while goofing around.

Good Lord. I heard about the video, haven’t watched it, but am I correct in that it was made TWO YEARS ago? Are there not bigger issues to discuss than some video that was made while goofing around.
I want Muschamp fired yesterday. But this is much ado about nothing.

Reactions: ClemDent
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT