ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter rumor is Jair Boldon is going to transfer again.*

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
TRANSFER PORTAL........
giphy.gif

Reactions: uscedge21
Big loss, he was our 6th man this season. This is what I always believe hurts the program more than anything, early exits of players. Well at least we know there's no more worries about lack of scholarships

Reactions: DarkCock
No need. Seventh woods is taking this scholarship
We will still be talented with depth
Bolden was a good shooter at times but let’s not act like he’s not replaceable
I expect 2 more transfers. Trey Anderson and TJ Moss. We had 13 players last season. We lose 2 seniors (Kotsar and Henry) and now Bolden. That makes room from Woods, Iriel and Benson. If both Anderson and Moss leave we're down to 11. Frank will try to replace one or both with GTs, but I don't expect much.

Not being critical or taking a position. Just stating my opinion.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Bolden was a liability on defense. He wasn't good. Offensively he was either lighting it up or couldn't throw it in the ocean.

Reactions: carolinamyke
Let's be fair, he shot 42% from the perimeter. That is wonderful shooting. Odds are his role this year would be greatly diminished, however.
When I said he wasn't good, I meant defensively.... When he was on he could light it up, but he disappeared ALOT.

I wonder if Bolden doesn’t like coming off the bench is the reason

I have a feeling this might play a role. The backcourt roster is incredibly crowded. Unfortunately, he was likely our only threat from behind the arc.

Usually disappeared at the same time as Lawson
The reason he and Lawson usually disappeared is that they were playing leading SEC talent teams with rosters stacked with 4* and 5* elite players. It really makes a difference playing against elite defenders. Makes it looks like you are slumping when they are making you slump. Now against Stetson, there is no explanation.

Honestly, what is up with the 7th woods lovefest? What has he ever done but average 1 point a game.

Reactions: adcoop
Honestly, what is up with the 7th woods lovefest? What has he ever done but average 1 point a game.

Spent 4 years in an elite program learning the game from an elite coach while playing alongside elite players. I haven't seen any "lovefest" though.

Agree. This a statement on Frank. Frank lovers will never agree
Hey, there is nothing wrong with our program that a couple of 4*s wouldn't cure. Nothing wrong with our '20 class in their upside potential, but how about getting us a couple of 4*s for 2021? We sure see them on the teams we play.

I know Coach FM is recruiting hard, and I am just hoping we will get lucky next year.

Jair struggled defensively and couldn’t do what Martin wanted him to do. He couldn’t stay in front of quicker guards, he was slow and bullied on rotations and screens. He seemed to make a lot of wrong choices when defending that upset Martin. And, honestly, it all seemed to negatively impact his effort defensively.

Offensively, he was obviously the best three point shooter on the team and a solid mid range shooter. His ball handling was decent, but his passing and movement never quite seemed to fit with what Frank was asking them to run. Jair didn’t seem to get the offense and Frank didn’t seem to really know what to do with him.

Under normal circumstances you’d count this as a win/win for both parties to move on. But this team is so devoid of talent that losing Bolden seems like a real loss. You’re now going to chop all the minutes you would have given to Bolden between Woods, Hannibal and Moss. None of those guys can shoot, at all. Moss and Woods are going to be two of the worst offensive guards in the SEC. This team’s spacing was dreadful this year, and now it only figures to get worse.

Disagree. He was instant offense when hot. We don't have another player on the team that could do what he does. Don't fool yourself, Seventh is not the answer.

It's clear Frank had issues with Bolden. Frank is not an instant offense kind of guy.

I expect 2 more transfers. Trey Anderson and TJ Moss. We had 13 players last season. We lose 2 seniors (Kotsar and Henry) and now Bolden. That makes room from Woods, Iriel and Benson. If both Anderson and Moss leave we're down to 11. Frank will try to replace one or both with GTs, but I don't expect much.

Not being critical or taking a position. Just stating my opinion.

You are correct. Both guys are probably navigating their transfer as we speak. This is not necessarily bad. Both would need a ton of improvement to see meaningful minutes.

Even being a Martin supporter, he played one of these two guys too much and it cost us several games.

As for the “love fest” with Seventh Woods I think there’s always more optimism when a local guy signs and a desire for him to do well at USC. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with that either.

Spent 4 years in an elite program learning the game from an elite coach while playing alongside elite players. I haven't seen any "lovefest" though.
Do you think he would have played this year with that train wreck? I doubt it. Waste of a scholarship, but of course hopefully I will be wrong.

Jair struggled defensively and couldn’t do what Martin wanted him to do. He couldn’t stay in front of quicker guards, he was slow and bullied on rotations and screens. He seemed to make a lot of wrong choices when defending that upset Martin. And, honestly, it all seemed to negatively impact his effort defensively.

Offensively, he was obviously the best three point shooter on the team and a solid mid range shooter. His ball handling was decent, but his passing and movement never quite seemed to fit with what Frank was asking them to run. Jair didn’t seem to get the offense and Frank didn’t seem to really know what to do with him.

Under normal circumstances you’d count this as a win/win for both parties to move on. But this team is so devoid of talent that losing Bolden seems like a real loss. You’re now going to chop all the minutes you would have given to Bolden between Woods, Hannibal and Moss. None of those guys can shoot, at all. Moss and Woods are going to be two of the worst offensive guards in the SEC. This team’s spacing was dreadful this year, and now it only figures to get worse.

when the underclassmen Couisnard takes your job and becomes the floor general.... you can embrace your bench or move on

when the underclassmen Couisnard takes your job and becomes the floor general.... you can embrace your bench or move on
Bolden is clearly not a point guard. Every decent shooting guard we have was in Martin's dog house and will be leaving the team. Who is going to fill the void next year?

I guarentee you we'll be saying, "if we had Lawson and Bolden", we would be a tournament team".

It always fascinated me that a guy transfers in, loses his job is an inconsistent player and then transfers again but the problem is the coach. When you’re looking for your third team for your college career it’s pretty good odds the issue is in the mirror.

It always fascinated me that a guy transfers in, loses his job is an inconsistent player and then transfers again but the problem is the coach. When you’re looking for your third team for your college career it’s pretty good odds the issue is in the mirror.
I agree with this. I believe we will be ok at guard. Give Seventh Woods a chance, let’s see what he can do. Cousinard and Hannibal are aggressive. Bryant has improved during his time here, need for Lawson to play like his first year if he stays. This team could be good next year, need the big guys to continue to develop.

I agree with this. I believe we will be ok at guard. Give Seventh Woods a chance, let’s see what he can do. Cousinard and Hannibal are aggressive. Bryant has improved during his time here, need for Lawson to play like his first year if he stays. This team could be good next year, need the big guys to continue to develop.
We don't need Lawson to play like his first year, actually this past season he played very similar to last year. What we need is for him to make the noticeable improvements that is expected to play pro ball in realm of Silva his Junior year, Thornwell his senior year and Kotsar his senior year.

Reactions: carolinamyke
Was pretty average at everything other than shooting, I liked that he didn't seem to turn the ball over as everyone else.

Next year could be one of our most athletic but worst shooting teams ever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT