ADVERTISEMENT

Twitter rumor is Jair Boldon is going to transfer again.*

It always fascinated me that a guy transfers in, loses his job is an inconsistent player and then transfers again but the problem is the coach. When you’re looking for your third team for your college career it’s pretty good odds the issue is in the mirror.
When you have a coach with a revolving door, it also raises questions.

I agree with this. I believe we will be ok at guard. Give Seventh Woods a chance, let’s see what he can do. Cousinard and Hannibal are aggressive. Bryant has improved during his time here, need for Lawson to play like his first year if he stays. This team could be good next year, need the big guys to continue to develop.
If Lawson leaves which is likely, who is going to play SG. If Lawson stays, we'll be ok.

When you have a coach with a revolving door, it also raises questions.
Here is an interesting review of transfers and the impact. In college basketball more than any other college sport the grass is always greener. Every guy was the best at their HS and has had guys telling them they could go straight to the NBA. When the truth comes at the next level some guys accept it and work harder to improve and some guys just keep bouncing around looking for someone to tell them how great they are again.
https://athleticdirectoru.com/articles/investigating-college-basketballs-transfer-movement/

It always fascinated me that a guy transfers in, loses his job is an inconsistent player and then transfers again but the problem is the coach. When you’re looking for your third team for your college career it’s pretty good odds the issue is in the mirror.
Not necessarily. Sometimes a kid is a good Mid-Major player that moves up in competition level only to realize he was better off at the level where he was successful. Don't get me wrong. Bolden can play on this level, but he would be in a bench role and should be. He can transfer out to a Mid-Major, put up numbers and earn himself a nice contract overseas. Most of these kids are doing the best they can. Most that have Michael Jordan dreams don't have MJ talent level.

Reactions: ddw1263
Not necessarily. Sometimes a kid is a good Mid-Major player that moves up in competition level only to realize he was better off at the level where he was successful. Don't get me wrong. Bolden can play on this level, but he would be in a bench role and should be. He can transfer out to a Mid-Major, put up numbers and earn himself a nice contract overseas. Most of these kids are doing the best they can. Most that have Michael Jordan dreams don't have MJ talent level.
He was fine at this level but in spot duty / as a role player.

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
Weren’t we just predicted to make the NCAA by Lunardi? Forgot we had much more informed posters on here.

Bolden was a streaky shooter but was consistently absent from defense. Not thrilled he is leaving but it’s a pretty good indication Lawson is staying

Reactions: jeff2001
Yeah after thinking it over, I just think he made the best decision for him, I don't even think it has anything to with any bad blood with team. He has only 1 year of eligibility left and he likely wants to spend as much time as possible on the court rather than on the bench. He got rightfully beat out by Couisnard for the PG role and while a great 3 point shooter his game wasn't exactly well rounded elsewhere to keep him floor more often. Sucks to lose him on the depth chart but I he finds a good team elsewhere.

We have Bolden’s replacement baked in- Woods. Who is going to replace Kotsar?

We don't need Lawson to play like his first year, actually this past season he played very similar to last year. What we need is for him to make the noticeable improvements that is expected to play pro ball in realm of Silva his Junior year, Thornwell his senior year and Kotsar his senior year.
I thought Lawson was more involved his first year, seemed like he disappeared (or was relegated to the bench) more this year. I agree though, he needs to improve in his junior year.

Big loss, he was our 6th man this season. This is what I always believe hurts the program more than anything, early exits of players. Well at least we know there's no more worries about lack of scholarships

There is no continuity in the program at all.

There's no guarantee there was an "issue". Some people are vagabonds.

We have Bolden’s replacement baked in- Woods. Who is going to replace Kotsar?
If he works hard in the off-season it will be Leveque. If not him, then it will be by committee. (Frink, McClary and Leveque - then Benson and Iriel)

We will miss Kotsar's presence but what we lose in brute strength we will gain in agility and quickness. Losing Bolden hurts from a depth perspective, but only if Lawson leaves. Then TJ Moss becomes an important piece of the puzzle.

Frank probably needs to bring in another GT at guard to replace him.

We got beat by Vanderbilt this past season. We have problems. Fixable? I am not seeing it unless the two incoming big guys are awesome.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT