ADVERTISEMENT

Ty’Son Williams

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
How many of y’all think Ty’Son is our best RB and are happy he’s a South Carolina Gamecock?

Now how many of y’all refuse to like him because he “quit” on his previous team (UNC) to transfer to South Carolina?

I doubt any of you cared that he left his team when it was benefitting the Gamecocks. Same for any player that has ever transferred in here. Because it benefits us.

Deebo isn’t even transferring to a team...he’s missing one game to prep for his career. What’s the real issue here? Because it sure ain’t the “quitting” or the “loyalty” crap. Or else y’all would be complaining and questioning the character of players transferring in for quitting and giving up on their previous team.

What’s the real issue here?

The real issue is one you simply refuse to acknowledge as cut and dry. Football is a team sport, not a *me* sport. No amount of words or threads or ifs and buts are gonna change that.

To expand, it's a social issue. Some believe it's cool to abandon your team and team goals to put ones self ahead of the team and team goals. Some believe that is completely wrong and is not something to be taught or encouraged. Pretty simple really.

The real issue is one you simply refuse to acknowledge as cut and dry. Football is a team sport, not a *me* sport. No amount of words or threads or ifs and buts are gonna change that.

To expand, it's a social issue. Some believe it's cool to abandon your team and team goals to put ones self ahead of the team and team goals. Some believe that is completely wrong and is not something to be taught or encouraged. Pretty simple really.

So you think Ty’Son is a quitter and abondoned his team?

For the record, I’ve stated I do not like that Deebo isn’t playing or this trend of players not playing. But in Deebo’s case, while I don’t like it, I do understand it more than others because of his history of injuries and lack of durability.

So everything you say I won’t acknowlege are the exact reasons I don’t like the decision Deebo made. But I’m not going to bash him, hold it against him, despise him, disown him, call him out for it because his situation is certainly different.

So you think Ty’Son is a quitter and abondoned his team?

For the record, I’ve stated I do not like that Deebo isn’t playing or this trend. But in Deebo’s case, while I don’t like it, I do understand it more than others because of his history of injuries and lack of durability.

So everything you say I won’t acknowlege are the exact reasons I don’t like the decision Deebo made. But I’m not going to bash him, hold it against him, despise him, disown him, call him out for it because his situation is certainly different.

This is what I think: I think football is a team sport and therefore one should never, ever put ones self ahead of the team.

I also think that once you start going down the road of the "why's" and "in this case", etc.....you're going down the road of acceptance of the bottom line > putting ones self over the team.

That's a road I will never go down because it's not acceptable.

Reactions: Jpcooper
This is what I think: I think football is a team sport and therefore one should never, ever put ones self ahead of the team.

I also think that once you start going down the road of the "why's" and "in this case", etc.....you're going down the road of acceptance of the bottom line > putting ones self over the team.

That's a road I will never go down because it's not acceptable.

But in a previous thread in September you supported Kelly Bryant’s decision to abandon his team and transfer. Almost cost them the Syracuse game. I get his reasons but those reasons are the “whys” and “in this case” for Bryant and Clemson.

Bottom line, I don’t like Deebo’s decision. Keep in mind you and I agree there. Where we disagree is I choose not to bash him in a forum whereas you do. My reasoning is because I understand why he made the decision I don’t like.

Much like I understand why Kelly Bryant quit his team based on the circumstances.

Reactions: Jpcooper
But in a previous thread in September you supported Kelly Bryant’s decision to abandon his team and transfer. Almost cost them the Syracuse game. I get his reasons but those reasons are the “whys” and “in this case” for Bryant and Clemson.

Bottom line, I don’t like Deebo’s decision. Keep in mind you and I agree there. Where we disagree is I choose not to bash him in a forum whereas you do. My reasoning is because I understand why he made the decision I don’t like.

Much like I understand why Kelly Bryant quit his team based on the circumstances.

I'm not entirely certain I did. (the previous thread you speak of) I'd also respectfully disagree about the bashing. I think I know the thread you're talking about though. IMHO, Dabo quit KB, not the other way around. You said it best in another thread, we both want the same things, just maybe disagree how to get there.

I'm not entirely certain I did. (the previous thread you speak of) I'd also respectfully disagree about the bashing. I think I know the thread you're talking about though. IMHO, Dabo quit KB, not the other way around. You said it best in another thread, we both want the same things, just maybe disagree how to get there.

Dabo quit KB is a “why” or “in this case”. Again, we agree that Dabo screwed KB. But KB’s teammates didn’t. He transferred and I understood why because of Dabo’s decision to start Lawrence.

The “why” and “in this case” matters.

This is the last I’m going to comment on it tonight so you can reply and I’ll give you the last word if you’d like. Enjoyed the conversation.

Jamaican Mon...lol
Funny story: My and Ex and I were in Jamaica during our honeymoon back in 91. This Jamaican bar tender I met was a really cool guy. In fact I smoked quite a few "jamaican" cig's with him while I there. His girlfriend (who was British) came up to the bar one night raisin' Caine, yelling and B&M'n; the guy never said a word to her, just staired at her until she stomped off. As she walks away the guy looked at me dead in the eye and without cracking a smile said, "F_ck She." We had a drink and then burned another cig! True story, but ya prolly had to be there to actually appreciate the humor in it all!!

=;-p

Reactions: jonesz21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT