ADVERTISEMENT

Ty Harris and KiKi Harrigan rock

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Rewatched the championship game last night... The way Kiki dismantled the Bulldogs in the first quarter was poetry...Then in the fourth as Miss St tried to mount a comeback, Ty Harris said not today ladies...She absolutely wrecked the Bulldogs vaunted defense in the 4rth...Of course it goes without saying A'ja was doing her thing in between...When Wilson gets that much help we can beat any team in the nation

It was great to see Kiki put together back to back solid games. She has certainly had big games before, but it seems like she would disappear for a while in between those games. Same with Jennings. Hope they can both CONSISTENTLY perform like they did at the SEC Tournament because they certainly showed what they were capable of. Ty was huge vs State. I thought she started off slow with a couple of bad turnovers that you don't normally see from her, but she pulled it together and carried the team in 2nd quarter where she hit 3 big shots and then in the 4th when State kept hanging around, she matched their scores with multiple scores of her own. Good stuff!

It will be interesting to see where they get placed in NCAAs.

Except Uconn, we need all 5 on the floor to be on their game against them. They are much better than anyone out there.

Reactions: Brace1
It was great to see Kiki put together back to back solid games. She has certainly had big games before, but it seems like she would disappear for a while in between those games. Same with Jennings. Hope they can both CONSISTENTLY perform like they did at the SEC Tournament because they certainly showed what they were capable of. Ty was huge vs State. I thought she started off slow with a couple of bad turnovers that you don't normally see from her, but she pulled it together and carried the team in 2nd quarter where she hit 3 big shots and then in the 4th when State kept hanging around, she matched their scores with multiple scores of her own. Good stuff!

It will be interesting to see where they get placed in NCAAs.
As I posted back in January, all Kiki needs is playing time... Dawn would sit her for flimsy reasons like her fiesty attitude... An attitude this crew needed more of... I would have started Harrigan for Jennings a month ago... Now that Alexis has reasserted herself I defer to Coach Staley's wisdom... She stood by Jennings during her struggles just as she stood by KD3.. Her choices always seem to pay off... Guess that's why she is Dawn Staley

Reactions: Silverspur02
Except Uconn, we need all 5 on the floor to be on their game against them. They are much better than anyone out there.
No they are not.. They are not challenged night after night like teams in the strong conferences.. They spend their pathetic conference schedule working on fundamentals and execution... They have flaws.. Eventually they will play a team in the tournament that will push them to the max... They might overcome it and win it all... But I don't think they will... I saw this same scenario last season...

Reactions: Silverspur02
As I posted back in January, all Kiki needs is playing time... Dawn would sit her for flimsy reasons like her fiesty attitude... An attitude this crew needed more of... I would have started Harrigan for Jennings a month ago... Now that Alexis has reasserted herself I defer to Coach Staley's wisdom... She stood by Jennings during her struggles just as she stood by KD3.. Her choices always seem to pay off... Guess that's why she is Dawn Staley

Kiki is coming into her own. I asked a person in the basketball office last year if Kiki had a mean bone in her body and the answer was no. She played so timid.

After a couple of brief scuffles for the ball and two technical fouls, I asked the same person about Kiki. They just smiled and said she is growing into her own.

Maybe the inclusion to the All Tournament Team will really get her going.

I like it.

Ty took over in the last few minutes of that game. Something we have needed for a very long while. If she keeps creating her own shot we have a chance.

Reactions: vacock#
No they are not.. They are not challenged night after night like teams in the strong conferences.. They spend their pathetic conference schedule working on fundamentals and execution... They have flaws.. Eventually they will play a team in the tournament that will push them to the max... They might overcome it and win it all... But I don't think they will... I saw this same scenario last season...
Uhhmmmm....ok??? I guess 8-0 vs top 20, 5-0 vs top 10, average margin over those opponents around 15, including a 25 point pasting of our girls at CLA, means they aren't that good. Reality is, Uconn should win the ncaa championship again easily, and continue their dynasty minus that 1 little bump in the road where we won it. Our girls are good, but only Aja would start on the uconn team. They are top to bottom far superior to any team out there. I hope they lose before we have to play them, but odds say we lose before they do.

I would love to see her start Kiki and sit the turnover machine (#4).

Reactions: lawcalcock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT