ADVERTISEMENT

U Gamecocks ready to talk some Football?

OK HEELZ...Go ahead and explain how your team will beat us....we know you are dying too!

lol, but if I remember correctly most here thought the Clowney Express would roll the Holes by 35....so it was a moral victory.

Heelz Ya'll did surrender the booty in that game along with everything else you had
happy.r191677.gif
. Thank goodness we only have to play the Heelz this year & not the dominant football program in the tar heel state ( E Carolina ). LOL Serious question- do you think Gene Chizik will be able to turn your D around this quick ? Was it a scheme problem last year or a lack of play makers ? or did the D just quit on the team. ? {That E carolina game was just plain UGLY !} BTW - IF the heelz have another down year do you think Fedora is gone ? LP

This post was edited on 4/15 3:44 PM by Lightpost

This post was edited on 4/15 5:45 PM by Lightpost

Are all those $275 seats on the Tar Heel sideline sold yet? Or is it just that cost for Gamecocks?

Bubba is not to be trusted

Originally posted by Lightpost:

Heelz Ya'll did surrender the booty in that game along with everything else you had
happy.r191677.gif
. Thank goodness we only have to play the Heelz this year & not the dominant football program in the tar heel state ( E Carolina ). LOL Serious question- do you think Gene Chizik will be able to turn your D around this quick ? Was it a scheme problem last year or a lack of play makers ? or did the D just quit on the team. ? {That E carolina game was just plain UGLY !} BTW - IF the heelz have another down year do you think Fedora is gone ? LP

This post was edited on 4/15 3:44 PM by Lightpost
This post was edited on 4/15 5:45 PM by Lightpost
Hey Lightpost, I agree on playing ECU this year, however they will struggle a bit as well due to loosing the QB and top WR, plus some other key players on the lines. On Gene and the D, all I can say is it cannot get any worse. They have been running a funky 4-2-5 d that as everyone saw just was not working. I think there are athletes on D, so time will tell, prior to the 425, the UNC D had been pretty good for several years. Yes, I think another season around .500 and Fedora will be on very thin ice. I like the guy so I hope it does not happen.....this will be the first year UNC has returned most of its starter on O and D, so there is lots of optimism entering this season. Of course, we usually all have that going into the season.
smile.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 4/15 8:52 PM by heelzfor2

Originally posted by permacock70:
Are all those $275 seats on the Tar Heel sideline sold yet? Or is it just that cost for Gamecocks?

Have no clue 70...I just thought this would be a good thread to get your minds off the baseball season and focused on the game that really matters....USC vs UNC.

Originally posted by heelzfor2:

Originally posted by permacock70:

Have no clue 70...I just thought this would be a good thread to get your minds off the baseball season and focused on the game that really matters....USC vs UNC.
Do you guys feel fortunate to still have athletics after all that's come out the last couple of years?

Hard to make predictions for this game. We both have new defensive coordinators. We have a new QB. First game of the year. All that said, I like the Gamecocks in this one by 10 points. We have the potential to win by more if Hoke corrects the train wreck of our defense last year and Connor Mitch is a decent a QB for us. I'll certainly be hoping for more, but with the first game of the season I will be happy with a W of any kind.

Nice post Josh and I agree Irmo. Its amazing what a few players messing with rogue agents and a rogue professor can do to a University's rep. Agree the University should of had measures in place to ensure things like this did not happen but its hard to see into that crystal ball sometimes. I think many Universities learned something from the professor issues UNC had. UNC has paid a price though, time to move on and hope they learned something from it.

Nice post Josh and I agree Irmo. Its amazing what a few players messing with rogue agents and a rogue professor can do to a University's rep. Agree the University should of had measures in place to ensure things like this did not happen but its hard to see into that crystal ball sometimes. I think many Universities learned something from the professor issues UNC had. UNC has paid a price though, time to move on and hope they learned something from it.
What price have they paid? So far they have "settled" with the whistle blower for small potatoes.

Just off the top of my head, they suspended players before any punishment was handed down, then got the loss of scholarships, bowl ban and vacated wins for two seasons and of course they are still feeling the effects of the bad press and schollies lost over the past few years. Many people lost their jobs in this so its hurt them. Not sure on the rogue professor deal, I guess that remains to be seen....

Heelzfor 2, did you attend the Carolina vs ECU game last year? And of course, I'm talking about the real Carolina. Anyway, if you did, what did you think of the heat for that game? It was one of the hottest games I ever attended at WB, if not the hottest.

We went up to Gamecock park and watched the team arrive, etc and then went back to our car. I started the car simply to turn on the Air Conditioner. We were parked on a grass surface and my car thermometer read 100°F.

Hey Freddie, no I was not able to make it however I had several family members that did, said they had a blast and tailgated right outside the stadium if I remember correctly. Said the intro was the loudest they had been in....I did get a chance to go to the Holes vs the Pirates game and all I can say is the Pirates put up 70 that night and the skies turned almost purple abut midway thru the 4th. If you looked close enough, you could see the great Pirate looking down from the heavens.

ByGWNYPIYAAoscA.jpg:large

20140920-045-M.jpg

This post was edited on 4/17 10:30 AM by heelzfor2

28-21? Eh, maybe. I just don't see you winning this game. In my opinion, UNC is a disappointment each year Fedora has been there. Yall have talent but it just doesn't seem to produce. I'll be interested to see what Chizik can do with the D but I doubt it holds us to 21. I'd be shocked if we didn't score 30+. We both have new D coordinators but we have more talent on D. It's close for a half and then the cream rises. SOS out coaches Fedora. Mitch will have his coming out party.

A few players means about a half dozen. On the 2005 team alone, you had the entire starting 5 plus Marvin Williams in the bogus classes - all were AFAM majors. A few players? Try HUNDREDS spanning back to the early 90s. And the punishment you speak of doesn't involve the academic fraud. UNC was punished for a few players like Marvin Austin, Greg Little, and Robert Quinn taking extra benefits from agents. You are currently on probation for that and under investigation for the 3 decade long academic scam that kept knuckle draggers like Julius Peppers eligible. And we aren't just talking about Football and basketball. This scam involved women's basketball (google Jan Boxill), women's soccer, and baseball. The biggest problem the NCAA has and perhaps their lack of "a pair" in this UNC scandal are that it has Dean Smith and John Swofford's fingerprints all over it.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/education/unc-scandal/

I think I said in post 3843 above that it remains to be seen on the rogue professor and those classes.....

This post was edited on 4/19 5:25 PM by heelzfor2

Hi heelz,

Nice thread with a rival. Some here don't know how to react to a gentlemanly discourse but maybe it will stay civil. I live on the NC coast and follow the Pirates while my allegiance is always with the Gamecocks. ECU has been an overachieving football program among the NC universities while the Tarheels have not been lately. UNC always seems to get the cream of NC talent while ECU gets the leftovers with few 4 star recruits. What ECU has had for quite a few years is mostly better coaches and Ruffin is maintaining that edge, at least in results. I think both UNC and USC face similar challenges this year with both going from a 4-2-5 to a more normal defense and new coaches with good backgrounds. Fedora has yet to prove himself and many around here (not me) think Spurrier is over the hill.

Its a game I always look forward to.

UNC should get hammered and be stripped of a few NCAA National Championships. Widespread academic fraud over a period of almost 30 years. Screw UNC and the NCAA if nothing is done.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I agree with you sandlapper. I grew up in the Lumberton area and although a Heel fan I always pulled for ECU because they always seemed to beat a bigger school and were always the underdog. Kid ended up going there so I became a bigger fan and now sport some purple and gold myself. I think our game will be interesting with a few plays deciding the outcome. Reason I think UNC has a better chance this year is they finally have an experienced team coming back. I just moved from Waynesville to outside of Wilmington myself. Not a fan of the 4-2-5 :)

Have we lost a football game to any team from North Carolina THIS CENTURY.

ADVERTISEMENT