ADVERTISEMENT

UCF demolishes Georgia Tech in Atlanta,

It just amazes me a team that recruits no better than they do can play at a high level. ...

Playing at a high level has a lot to do with coaching. Also,l while recruiting rankings aren't particularly high for UCF, it isn't as if they are Memphis or Cincinnati, or East Carolina. The school is the largest (enrollment) of any university in the US, is in a popular location, and is in a state that easily produces more top-level recruits out of high school than all otherstates except Texas, which is about the same as Florida in that respect. Further, while the Knkights do have a good team, their schedule is hardly as daunting as some in a P5 Conference. Impressive, but not exactly perplexing from my perspective.

much has been discussed about his buyout and financial issues at SC. I think our best hope if we suck is Muschamp does what’s right and just resign. That ain’t going to happen, so that tells you how little confidence I have in our admin that we’d make a change this year. Incredibly, all signs point to Muschamp getting a 6th year here which is extremely hard to comprehend. I’ll never pull against us, but 5-5 or 4-6 would be awful for us. Bad year and we’d keep him. If we are going to lose it would take 1-9 or 2-8 to get the chatter moving from the guys who make decisions. Maybe some big donors will step up to pay the buyout. The guy has more lives than cats.

like you, I’d love nothing more than to see him win. But at this point we know who he is, right? I just can’t see it turning around. I’d GLADLY admit I’m wrong if he could though.
Just remember... 5-5 or 4-6 is technically an improvement on last year's 3-5 in conference... There's no Coastal or Citadel to boost that win total this year.

Just remember... 5-5 or 4-6 is technically an improvement on last year's 3-5 in conference... There's no Coastal or Citadel to boost that win total this year.

No doubt. But still a losing conference record and in year 5 with his history...he should be gone. That’s why it’s awful...because it would be a bit of improvement but nothing that would cause any major shift in optimism.

Even at 6-4, that's mediocre, especially in Year 5 of the program. It has not been that long when Spurrier showed you can win big (3 straight national Top 10 finishes, including number 4 in the nation) at SC in football. If Muschamp is not ushered out the door after a 5th year of mediocrity, then the only conclusion one can make is that Carolina is not serious about football.

Even at 6-4, that's mediocre, especially in Year 5 of the program. It has not been that long when Spurrier showed you can win big (3 straight national Top 10 finishes, including number 4 in the nation) at SC in football. If Muschamp is not ushered out the door after a 5th year of mediocrity, then the only conclusion one can make is that Carolina is not serious about football.

I think theres something to the Covid do over. I believe Muschamp should be shown the door after a sub .500 year this year, but I can see a lot of people writing this season off, and giving him another year.

I think theres something to the Covid do over. I believe Muschamp should be shown the door after a sub .500 year this year, but I can see a lot of people writing this season off, and giving him another year.
I can see that, too. But, it will only postpone the inevitable and will saddle the program with 3 consecutive lackluster recruiting classes if a new Head Coach comes in for the 2022 season. And in the SEC, that will be a formula for disaster for years to come.

I'm willing to bet though that there will be programs which will make coaching changes at the end of this season.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I can see that, too. But, it will only postpone the inevitable and will saddle the program with 3 consecutive lackluster recruiting classes if a new Head Coach comes in for the 2022 season. And in the SEC, that will be a formula for disaster for years to come.

I'm willing to bet though that there will be programs which will make coaching changes at the end of this season.
Agree with everything you said. It's not like COVID-19 is limited to Muschamp and his staff. Everyone is dealing with it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT