ADVERTISEMENT

UFC FIGHT NIGHT- WOODLEY VS COVINGTON

I loved UFC back in the day but the last few years I lost interest . Seems like when guys like Anderson Silva , GSP , BJ Penn , Liddell , etc etc got old and hung it up the sport kinda suffered. Unfortunately the two guys who could have carried the torch (Conor and Jon Jones) are both idiots who seem hellbent on destroying their careers and legacy’s . There’s just really not a lot of fighters out there now that excite people . Stipe is great but his fights are just boring.

I loved UFC back in the day but the last few years I lost interest . Seems like when guys like Anderson Silva , GSP , BJ Penn , Liddell , etc etc got old and hung it up the sport kinda suffered. Unfortunately the two guys who could have carried the torch (Conor and Jon Jones) are both idiots who seem hellbent on destroying their careers and legacy’s . There’s just really not a lot of fighters out there now that excite people . Stipe is great but his fights are just boring.
The sport has grown exponentially sense to those guys retired. It’s now third worldwide behind soccer and basketball. It’s insane how popular MMA is now than when Chuck Liddell was champ.

It was definitely MUCH better when Rampage/Couture/Liddell/GSP reigned. Ratings and attendance are good now but, see NASCAR prior to the fall. It's watered down. Lorenzo F. is no dummy. He sold high.

The sport has grown exponentially sense to those guys retired. It’s now third worldwide behind soccer and basketball. It’s insane how popular MMA is now than when Chuck Liddell was champ.

Oh I agree . I just personally lost interest because there’s really no one I enjoy watching anymore . In the Liddell days you had him , Tito , Randy C , Forest , Rashad , Machita , Rampage , Shogun , Etc etc . So many great fighters to watch . I also feel like UFC as a sport just doesn’t work with no fans .

What happened to the guys ribs last night ?

Honestly he wanted out...he did break a rib but if he didn't he was about to take more heavy elbows and he was already broke and cut bad in multiple places on the face and top of his head.

Woodley has been a shell of himself in his last 3 fights. All 3 have went this way. These guys don't fear his right hand anymore and he just won't pull the trigger. He has landed less strikes in 3 fights than his opponents landed against him in 1 fight. Either needs a sports psychologist or needs to hang it up.

It was definitely MUCH better when Rampage/Couture/Liddell/GSP reigned. Ratings and attendance are good now but, see NASCAR prior to the fall. It's watered down. Lorenzo F. is no dummy. He sold high.

The Fertita Brothers definitely got paid but the UFC is bringing in more revenue than ever with their ESPN deal. I like watching those guys mentioned but there is no doubt that the new crop of fighters are more skilled and technical. That being said there are still plenty of brawlers on the roster.

Reactions: Chanticleer37
ADVERTISEMENT