ADVERTISEMENT

UK Game is a blackout

jrqgO.gif

I like it , atmosphere is goin to be nuts and the hype will be there if we take care of nc state and mizzou first

for the record we won the last blackout...If the team is good enough, this color scheme promo is just that...A promotion to get fans hyped will not decide the game

I was about to say that I wished we would save these for bigger opponents . . . then I remembered that they've beat us 3 years in row :mad:

Well at least Kentucky is not as good of a passing team as say UF was in 2001.

I still remember reading the comments about how much easier it was to catch the brown ball against the black Sea for the UF receivers.

And yes it should work both ways but we could not pass like UF then we were not built like that.

final 54-17, Grossman had 302 yards, 3 Td's and O int

Great 2001 entrance though, the rest of the idea kind of backfired.

And a bunch of our players got injured, Petty, Kalimba, etc

We should be the better passing team vs KY so maybe this will work out better.

Reactions: SCspur1
Here's a write-up on that Florida game. This is why most of us who lived through that black-out never want to see another one. That said, it's been a while and these are new students who want something to be excited about. At the same time, we are doing this for Kentucky?

Rex Grossman turned "Black Out Florida" into knock South Carolina out of the Southeastern Conference race.

Grossman had his school-record ninth consecutive 300-yard game, passing for three touchdowns and running for a fourth as the fourth-ranked Gators beat No. 14 South Carolina, 54-17, on Saturday night.

Grossman and his teammates were more amused than overwhelmed when much of the record 84,900 at Williams-Brice Stadium turned out in black.

"It was fun," Grossman said. "It was like they weren't even there. They were blacked out. Then we drove them out, they left."

pixel.gif

Even Florida Coach Steve Spurrier chuckled at the sight. "One of our receivers said, 'Coach, it was nice of them to wear all black so we can pick the ball out of the sky,"' he said.

The Gators, 8-1 overall and 6-1 in the SEC, who scored on their first nine possessions, can reach the SEC championship game by beating Tennessee on Dec. 1.

All week, Florida heard how South Carolina was no longer the SEC pushover it has generally been since joining the league in 1992. But after the Gamecocks (7-3, 5-3) took a 10-3 lead on Derek Watson's seven-yard touchdown and Daniel Weaver's 32-yard field goal with 5:12 to go in the opening quarter, it was a Florida romp like so many times before.

It was the most points allowed by South Carolina in Coach Lou Holtz's three seasons.

Black on white or garnet pants is ok, but I really don't care for the black on black. I don't think it shows up very well on TV.

Whoopee. Our record with black outs is terrible and usually works great for the other team. What happened to all garnet?

I've always loved our black unis. I remember the mid to late 80's where we were pretty successful at times. Sterling Sharpe in that black No. 2 jersey with garnet helmets was a nightmare for defenses. I also like the black bottoms/white tops when Duce Staley and Troy Hambrick destroyed Clemson at Death Valley. Or the white bottom/ black tops when Brad Edwards pic-six vs. Clemson at home.

Gimmicks. We love em don't we? Yes we have lost to them three years in a row but ....for Kentucky? Kentucky? L a m e

all black...

perfect for vandy, mizzou & weak florist

the powerhouse loser programs

am not a fan of this look

go cocks!

Reactions: NooNoo
Remember 2001 when we had a chance to win the SEC East. That was our 9-3 team that beat OSU in Outback...Cursed black out

"Rex Grossman turned "Black Out Florida" into knock South Carolina out of the Southeastern Conference race.
Grossman had his school-record ninth consecutive 300-yard game, passing for three touchdowns and running for a fourth as the fourth-ranked Gators beat No. 14 South Carolina, 54-17, on Saturday night."

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT