ADVERTISEMENT

UK starting QB is entering the transfer portal. Wow

Agreed. They need to close the portal.
But freedom, man - that means more than anything. If the structure collapses or becomes unmanageable, if the connection between player and school becomes merely tenuous, but unbridled freedom is attained, then nothing else matters.

This is beyond surprising.. Must be something we don’t know about.

Maybe signed contracts between companies and players will keep a kid in the same market for awhile. One can hope something like the image and likeness rules which are destructive to amateurism might buy a little loyalty to the community. I fear the portal, paying players and opting out is the trifecta that will change the sport a little too much.

Isn’t he like 35 yrs old by now? Seems like he has been at Kentucky for 10 yrs already yet STILL has eligibility?

Because we kept his boy.

Yeah, guess he's gonna keep riding this gravy train. He most likely hasn't entered the portal b/c nobody besides Bobo would take him. He sucked as a QB. Just about the worst in the SEC this past season. But I guess they'll keep him around to....? He can't throw. He can't run. He can't read defenses. He can't manage a game. He didn't seem to know too much about the offensive system in which he was supposed to be an expert. What does he bring to the team? I don't want any of our younger QBs within 100 yards of Hill. He's QB kryptonite.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
But freedom, man - that means more than anything. If the structure collapses or becomes unmanageable, if the connection between player and school becomes merely tenuous, but unbridled freedom is attained, then nothing else matters.
Well, you know what they say about them Kentucky coal mines to the California sun, and freedom just bein'na nother word for nothin' else to lose...

Just sayin'. SmokinSmile:cool:SmokinSmile

Reactions: king ward
Not sure why Wilson is leaving Kentucky unless it is a personal issue, or he knows that he will not fit in the new OCs plans as a QB. He was functional in the system they ran basically because they didn't emphasize throwing the football. But outside of being an athlete, hard to imagine hime being attractive as a QB anywhere else that is relevant

This portal but is just getting beyond bizarre now. College football as we knew it may not survive this I fear.

Nah, recruiting will just change a bit. Basically you'll end up recruiting a ton of kids twice (once, and they choose another school; and then twice when they transfer). I think in the end it will be a bunch of kids who went away for college and then want to transfer closer to home.

It's actually kind of exciting (for the fans, not the coaches). You get the excitement of your freshman recruiting class coming in, and then from the secondary market to see who else is coming in but that has some experience to immediately make an impact.

Nah, recruiting will just change a bit. Basically you'll end up recruiting a ton of kids twice (once, and they choose another school; and then twice when they transfer). I think in the end it will be a bunch of kids who went away for college and then want to transfer closer to home.

It's actually kind of exciting (for the fans, not the coaches). You get the excitement of your freshman recruiting class coming in, and then from the secondary market to see who else is coming in but that has some experience to immediately make an impact.
I think it will change how the coaches handle the players too. Some may play more than they would have otherwise. Some players may be hidden.

Isn’t he like 35 yrs old by now? Seems like he has been at Kentucky for 10 yrs already yet STILL has eligibility?

he only played for 2 years plus 4 games until an injury cut 2019 short. Believe me though, as a UK fan, it felt like 10 years.

worse passing consistency from the pocket as ive seen us have for years..... and that’s saying something

Good luck to him - ready for UK to move on

Reactions: martycat1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT