ADVERTISEMENT

Umpire from Sat. nights game

Cocky_11

Jan 31, 2014
I'm sure it was talked about in the thread but how in the hell does he call strike 3 on the check swing that he clearly didn't even go, I mean it wasn't even close, and the curve/slider whatever pitch it was in the dirt for strike 3 (when CH went nuts).

It not a ton different than some of these "anticipation" fouls we see in basketball...sometimes the umpire just has too quick of a reaction without letting the whole play develop and process in their minds.
Having umpired myself a few years "back in the day" even with doing 12-13 year old travel ball it's not easy and you definitely get ahead of yourself mentally and really have to focus on letting the play full develop and complete. It's something you have to force yourself to do.
I'd recommend anyone who lives a sport to help a local youth league with their officiating. The money is usually decent and it gives you a new perspective.
What sucks though, is when your back in fan mode, it doesn't really lessen your frustration with bad calls really.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT