ADVERTISEMENT

UNC Priorities Revealed

It is kind of funny that where I live most of the cops are black. So the black cops are racist for enforcing the laws here in the ATL?

Social justice, WTF is it? The majority of the crime where I live is perpetrated by blacks against blacks, and investigated by black cops.

It is kind of funny that where I live most of the cops are black. So the black cops are racist for enforcing the laws here in the ATL?

Social justice, WTF is it? The majority of the crime where I live is perpetrated by blacks against blacks, and investigated by black cops.
This would all be rather humorous, the loser class continuing to cling to these silly leftest agendas. However, parents are paying big bucks to have their offspring brainwashed by this crap!

Last edited:
This is a valid point. Unbiased research will tell you that like the national media, academia is 85% liberal to leftist. Few in academia have held jobs in the real world.

This is a valid point. Unbiased research will tell you that like the national media, academia is 85% liberal to leftist. Few in academia have held jobs in the real world.

Or people who work in academia generally are smarter and have more education.

Reactions: rogue cock
People who want to engage in discussions in which education and class are among the issues should start by learning to spell - or at least by using spell-check.

Here comes the grammar police.

Or people who work in academia generally are smarter and have more education.
These are two very different things. If they are so smart, why did they go to school as long as a doctor, and make only 20% of the salary?

College campuses are lefty indoctrination stations. That’s not even debatable.

Perhaps because money isn't everything to everyone? Many educators see it as a noble calling and simply love to work with students.
Totally agree with this. I'm just fed up with Academia lecturing the world on how we should think, live, and vote. As was pointed out above, most have very little experience with the real world and have been coddled since birth.

Totally agree with this. I'm just fed up with Academia lecturing the world on how we should think, live, and vote. As was pointed out above, most have very little experience with the real world and have been coddled since birth.
When I went to USC, out of the few professors that would actually discuss personal politics, at least half of them were diehard conservatives. And that's being generous. Here at my wife's University, she feels it's pretty similar.

Honestly, conversations like this -- to me, at least -- seem symptomatic of the overall problem in our country: No one wants to hear any opposing views from anyone. And they get angry and offended and lash out when they do. It's not a one-sided problem.

When I went to USC, out of the few professors that would actually discuss personal politics, at least half of them were diehard conservatives. And that's being generous. Here at my wife's University, she feels it's pretty similar.

Honestly, conversations like this -- to me, at least -- seem symptomatic of the overall problem in our country: No one wants to hear any opposing views from anyone. And they get angry and offended and lash out when they do. It's not a one-sided problem.
I think a professor's political leanings are closely related to the field they teach. One would see Business professors to be more conservative, but Arts professors to be more liberal.

One should say, "Here comes the grammar policeman," if one is talking about an individual officer. If the sentence were inverted, one would not say, "The grammar police comes here". Would you say that?
Before we dive into a conversion about the verb tense rules when using collective nouns, regional and dialectal exceptions to those rules, and the shift in grammar education over the last couple of decades from prescriptive to descriptive - all of which I am happy to do - you really need to tell me when you last heard someone use the term grammar policeman.

Just admit that you were trying to nitpick for the sake of nitpicking and move on.

Before we dive into a conversion about the verb tense rules when using collective nouns, regional and dialectal exceptions to those rules, and the shift in grammar education over the last couple of decades from prescriptive to descriptive - all of which I am happy to do - you really need to tell me when you last heard someone use the term grammar policeman.

Just admit that you were trying to nitpick for the sake of nitpicking and move on.
I'm not claiming to have heard it. I'm asserting that I should have heard it - if someone were going to go in that direction. Have a nice afternoon.

Hey folks, I'm going to distract you a bit here from the grammar conversation, you'ens no UNC's gonna wip USC's ass in Charlotte dont ya?

I think a professor's political leanings are closely related to the field they teach. One would see Business professors to be more conservative, but Arts professors to be more liberal.

that's how mine were, Ann Dreher in the theater and speech was fantastic, and on the short list of names I actually remember. Some of my business teachers had careers outside of teaching, or taught on a limited basis because of their other work obligations. Some of them were the best professors I had, usually in the 530 to 8pm sessions.

I remember Dr. Hertzstien for history, I think Duce Staley was in that class with me. When he would get excited during a lecture, you knew that would be and exam question.

I am sad I don't remember the name of my Sociology teacher, she was cool and approved (with my advisor) me taking a 300 level elective with her which wasn't always approved for business majors.

I took a few years off before finishing and when I came back I would type my notes and share them with Deandre Island and couple other athletes that were in those classes with me. Don't remember any of their names either.

So tell us, how many career type jobs are available where the requirement of time spent in the library will outweigh a degree in a targeted field.
Unfortunately many of today's students won't get a "career type job" from their major. But they will still have the loan.

You still did not answer the original question.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
You still did not answer the original question.
I didn't see any question marks in your comment. Also, I think you are missing the topic of the OP: Why are universities squandering valuable resources that could be used to better prepare students for future employment opportunities? My assertion is that universities are not holding up their end of the bargain, and therefore must create a victim mentality in their students so they are not called out on the piss-poor product they are peddling.

The exceptions would be career-specific fields like engineering, nursing, teaching, etc. It would be interesting to look at the list of majors UNC offers and see how many would lead directly to a job. I will let you conduct that research, if you are interested.

Reactions: ansoncock
I didn't see any question marks in your comment. Also, I think you are missing the topic of the OP: Why are universities squandering valuable resources that could be used to better prepare students for future employment opportunities? My assertion is that universities are not holding up their end of the bargain, and therefore must create a victim mentality in their students so they are not called out on the piss-poor product they are peddling.

The exceptions would be career-specific fields like engineering, nursing, teaching, etc. It would be interesting to look at the list of majors UNC offers and see how many would lead directly to a job. I will let you conduct that research, if you are interested.
You also forget the fact that today many career fields require additional instruction beyond the undergraduate degree....even in what you call "career-specific" fields of study.

Reactions: Jpcooper
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT