ADVERTISEMENT

uncarolina is ranked # 18 and will probably be ranked even higher next week.

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
It seems as though every team I despise, (UNC, UGA and a few others) is doing great, fabulous, fantastic, etc. and are getting all the praise nationally a team(s) could even dream of getting. Conversely, my Gamecocks aren't doing crap in football and the only publicity we get is negative, e.g., ESPN ranks Muschamp as the first coach to be fired in the SEC this year, which is only one example of many I could give.

If I did something wrong in another life I sure do wish I knew what it was because I won't do it again. LOL! Just kidding about this statement, I believe in only one after life and that is what God promised us in his scriptures. But you get the picture of my general emotional feelings right now.

However, my interest in football and sports in general have never been lower. In fact, I'm looking for other worthwhile endeavors to take on that enriches my personal life that I have control over rather than depending on some 18-22 year old kids that I have no control over.

It seems as though every team I despise, (UNC, UGA and a few others) is doing great, fabulous, fantastic, etc. and are getting all the praise nationally a team(s) could even dream of getting. Conversely, my Gamecocks aren't doing crap in football and the only publicity we get is negative, e.g., ESPN ranks Muschamp as the first coach to be fired in the SEC this year, which is only one example of many I could give.

If I did something wrong in another life I sure do wish I knew what it was because I won't do it again. LOL! Just kidding about this statement, I believe in only one after life and that is what God promised us in his scriptures. But you get the picture of my general emotional feelings right now.

However, my interest in football and sports in general have never been lower. In fact, I'm looking for other worthwhile endeavors to take on that enriches my personal life that I have control over rather than depending on some 18-22 year old kids that I have no control over.
Syracuse was atrocious.

Mack is a hellavu recruiter. NC is not quite CA, FL, TX, or GA in terms of producing elite recruits, but it’s not too far behind. If he is able to keep the majority of talent in-state, he will be competitive. Question is how long does he last and will he be able to execute a transition properly, (the opposite of what Spurrier did.)

I would not want to be in Muschamp's shoes if he loses to Tennessee.

I would not want to be in Muschamp's shoes if he loses to Tennessee.
Seriously? Tanner and our BOT will want to lock Chump up in a lifetime contract if he has a win this season that is equivalent to the UGA win last year. Didn't they lock up Warren Giese to a lifetime contract.? That's what I heard. But, it was before my time.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Mack is ranked in his second year Georgia Tech looks like a new team under a second year coach but we need to give Muschamp ... more time ?!! There within lies the problem
Remember Muschamp won 9 games with the “garbage” he inherited in year 2. It wasn’t until he used his recruiting prowess to get his guys in that we dropped down to 4 wins.

Mack is ranked in his second year Georgia Tech looks like a new team under a second year coach but we need to give Muschamp ... more time ?!! There within lies the problem
No other sec team would have hired muschamp as a head coach after he stubbed his toe at Florida. He and tanners hiring have set us back to brad Scott days

Mack is a hellavu recruiter. NC is not quite CA, FL, TX, or GA in terms of producing elite recruits, but it’s not too far behind. If he is able to keep the majority of talent in-state, he will be competitive. Question is how long does he last and will he be able to execute a transition properly, (the opposite of what Spurrier did.)
Are you talking about that old man that people laughed to scorn when UNC hired him? Is it the same guy?

The first game of the season with UT could tell us a lot about Muschamp's future here. I'm not sold on Jeremy Pruitt. But, that's me. Luckily for Muschamp, the game is at home. If he loses that, I think he will be history.

The Tar Heels look solid! You can tell that team is led by a real leader, I remember when Muschamp was his defensive coordinator and coach in waiting in Texas. I was like what are they “thinking” Muschamp looked clueless on that sideline. What I saw was a guy in charge of major talent and a great coach to lean on. I was never impressed with Willy. And then he ended up here “talk about a nightmare.’ 🧐

The Tar Heels look solid! You can tell that team is led by a real leader, I remember when Muschamp was his defensive coordinator and coach in waiting in Texas. I was like what are they “thinking” Muschamp looked clueless on that sideline. What I saw was a guy in charge of major talent and a great coach to lean on. I was never impressed with Willy. And then he ended up here “talk about a nightmare.’ 🧐

You know I was never a big fan on Mack Brown but I heard an interview with him on a sports talk show and I would 100% let my kid play for him . He’s just a super positive , motivating dude .

Other than Georgia Tech, whose win was over struggling Florida State, the mediocre and poor Power Five teams look mediocre and poor. I'm not sure what that portends for us, but here is a chance to get it on track.

Are you talking about that old man that people laughed to scorn when UNC hired him? Is it the same guy?

the same guy we didn’t want to talk to when we hired muschamp. I remember him saying the South Carolina job was a good one and he would consider if approached. But, he was already too old in 2016 lmao. We could have hired him as HC and he might have brought champ in as DC. Imagine that

Get back to me when he/they beat cu. Looking for anybody in that conference to show signs of a pulse and offer at least a little resistance.

Imagine this program if Mack would've been given a shot in 15 instead of Muschamp. He would've taken this job in a second. Oh well.....

Reactions: jerryusc
Best thing to happen to the acc is playing a limited ooc schedule. Their usual high rankings at the start of the season can only get better.

the same guy we didn’t want to talk to when we hired muschamp. I remember him saying the South Carolina job was a good one and he would consider if approached. But, he was already too old in 2016 lmao. We could have hired him as HC and he might have brought champ in as DC. Imagine that
That's what POes me so much. A proven winner but our esteemed AD goes for a proven loser.
I guess he and WM will go fishing a lot together when they leave/fired.

Reactions: jonesz21
This team looked like a new team under Muschamp in year 2. Pump the breaks on Ga Tech just for a second.

I think if we threw a billion at Saban and stole him from Bama he would struggle here in the beginning. I do think though that he would at least get us winning seasons.
I for one would like to find out( unfortunately not happening)

I have been giving this some thought, but is there any other team out there that is similarly situated to USC in that every rival team (Be it intrastate rival, traditional rival, new rival) is doing really well? It seems this particular brand of luck falls only on USC.

The interview I heard with Mack was pretty wild . He said the first thing he did when he got to UNC was have a meeting with the players and asked them what was their biggest complaint. They said the weight room was outdated and not on par with other facilities . Mack went to the board and got $$ and built a state of the art training facility. After this he was like “Ok what’s next??” Players said the food was bad so Mack went to the board got $$ and brought in the top chiefs and nutritionist he could get . Doesn’t sound like much but that’s why his players will run thru a brick wall for him and he’s recruiting like a madman . It’s the little things . He’s a heck of a coach and motivator .

If there were ever a school being ranked on name only it would VT right now. For more than just the Rona, that place seems toxic, and not just because I can’t stand them, now they’re already postponing games....etc....etc.....I also thought UNC was way too high, but so far they look solid. We are definitely 2 programs moving in opposite directions. And honestly, I’m sure I’d love to play for Mack, but do you think he’s doing all the recruiting? As much as Dabo is probably, but they both obviously have a staff of killer recruiters, and we have a HC who says he’s better than that. I think we need some more killers.

Get back to me when he/they beat cu. Looking for anybody in that conference to show signs of a pulse and offer at least a little resistance.

Mack could build a solid top 20 team and still not beat cu.

I have been giving this some thought, but is there any other team out there that is similarly situated to USC in that every rival team (Be it intrastate rival, traditional rival, new rival) is doing really well? It seems this particular brand of luck falls only on USC.
most proven programs don’t have 6 rivals. that only happens when lesser programs mudstomp you a few years in a row and it feels good to get one back. uga does not consider us a rival. nor does tennessee, nor does florida. that’s on us. hell even missouri probably could care less. kentucky was using us to stand on our shoulders to bolster them up above vandi. but it’s no rivalry.

most proven programs don’t have 6 rivals. that only happens when lesser programs mudstomp you a few years in a row and it feels good to get one back. uga does not consider us a rival. nor does tennessee, nor does florida. that’s on us. hell even missouri probably could care less. kentucky was using us to stand on our shoulders to bolster them up above vandi. but it’s no rivalry.
Mostly I agree, though I get the feeling Todd was using rival as a catchall phrase, i.e. conference rivals and division rivals.

But I don't want to speak for him.

Mack was a 2 point conversion try from beating the tigers last year. Hopefully when some of these young guys get a bit more experience the Heels can consistently give them a game....he was beating the shit out of them at the end of his first stint with UNC.

We have no football rivalry within our own league, which is beyond unfortunate.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT