ADVERTISEMENT

UNCheats program in shambles...

Titleist*

Apr 9, 2001
On cell...sorry about the link: http://www.si.com/college-football/2015/03/01/unc-admissions-officer-admit-student-athletes
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by pepsicock:
Sadly nothing will happen to them .
The bad thing is you are probably right. I think we had tougher sanctions levied against us for the self reported housing incident than UNC and Miami received for far more serious violations.

When you grovel on your knees, that's when you get kicked in the teeth. We should have fought back for that non-violation. The basic assumption was that our players were too poor to afford $485 a month for rent after their NCAA allowed stipends and splitting it with their roommates.

Originally posted by fightingcock103:
When you grovel on your knees, that's when you get kicked in the teeth. We should have fought back for that non-violation. The basic assumption was that our players were too poor to afford $485 a month for rent after their NCAA allowed stipends and splitting it with their roommates.
I disagree. Georgia Tech fought back and got their butts handed to them. Were were trying to avoid the same fate. The NCAA pretty much said it would have been worse had we not been so cooperative. I still think a much bigger deal was made of it than it actually was, but going to them hat in hand was the way to handle it.

Originally posted by fightingcock103:
That is true, in all areas of life!

As much as I hate to say it, here comes the proverbial slap on the wrist

What the sacred cow tower of acdemia has done perverts the entire purpose of any institution of higher education. Look for the toothless and gutless NCAA to do nothing. If this was some weak sister program the might NCAA would read them the riot act. a program like UNCCH is a protected species.

I think u r wrong. If this was Clemson or South Carolina they would be in some serious crap. The ACC would sanction Clemson but North Carolina will not be touched. This is as big of case of lack of Institutional control as you can find but nothing will be done.

What is funny is UNC still claiming some type of academic elitism. What a bunch of whiners they are.

It would gladden my heart to see them get twice what PSU got. If the NCAA enacts some toothless penalty then they will lose what little credibility they have. They even restored Paterno's record. If the ACC does nothing then that's just one more reason why we should be glad we no longer belong to that group. I think USC was sanctioned one time and the ACC actually added to it. You would have thought that the ACC would have tried harder to keep a founding member happy. The games between USC and its ACC members were something to see with all the hatred which just made them even more interesting.

If we were still in the ACC, there is no way we would have had three 11 win seasons in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT