ADVERTISEMENT

Under Armour cleats reason why 2 broken fibulas

Some teams are turning to Jordans, which are getting good reviews from users.
2014-july-jordan-footwear-apparel-80.jpg

Reactions: ConKreteCock
they are cut too low and have no ankle support just saying

How would a cleat being cut lower INCREASE the chances of a broken bone? Logically it should be the opposite. A longer cleat getting caught and thus the fibula breaking under the strain. A shorter cleat may not be as good football wise because a blocker or rusher might push you back and you might slip as a back or receiver making cuts, but chances of injury go down with shorter cleats. Ankle support is important for sprained ankles and maybe torn achilles, but it shouldn't cause more broken bones. If anything increased flexibility with less support would minimize broken bones.

How would a cleat being cut lower INCREASE the chances of a broken bone? Logically it should be the opposite. A longer cleat getting caught and thus the fibula breaking under the strain. A shorter cleat may not be as good football wise because a blocker or rusher might push you back and you might slip as a back or receiver making cuts, but chances of injury go down with shorter cleats. Ankle support is important for sprained ankles and maybe torn achilles, but it shouldn't cause more broken bones. If anything increased flexibility with less support would minimize broken bones.

Lol! He's talking about the ankle hieght not the cleat length.

Dillman's fault for not making the guys work out the fibula more. Don't any of you guys lift? We probably have the weakest fibulas in the league.

The great coach Darrell Royal was criticized for an unusually large number of players being out injured. The critic suggested that maybe Royal didn't have his players in proper condition. Royal responded: "Our fullback is out with a broken nose. Exactly how am I supposed to condition his nose so it doesn't get broken?"

There are rumors that Dowdle's mom tweeted that a Tennessee player twisted Rico's ankle after the whistle, but I have not seen the tweet.

Reactions: myrtlecock
I watched the play in slo motion and never saw anything dirty by the UT player. Likely broken when the guy fell on it.

I would look at the taping technique. Not because I think that is the reason. It's probably just a weird coincidence. But to rule it out.

I think it has more to do with all these pansy ass tackling rules. Can't actually HIT somebody in football anymore with any real force or they call a penalty and boot your ass from the game so everyone goes low on the tackles, wraps the legs up, falls on the back of the ankle and drags the ball carrier down- which leads to lots of stress and awkward twisting in the lower legs- thus more injuries to knees and ankles and the bones that THREE of our players have broken this year.

There are rumors that Dowdle's mom tweeted that a Tennessee player twisted Rico's ankle after the whistle, but I have not seen the tweet.
I am sure they did- we have a history of big injuries when playing the Viles. They try to knock your best players out of the game early... it is the Tenessee way.

I think it is just an anomaly (taters please reference your dictionary) that 2 of our guys went down with this injury. It just so happens they are both high profile players so this becomes a big deal. If it happened to Ed the offensive lineman and Alfred the deep snapper, we wouldn't be talking about it.

I think it is just an anomaly (taters please reference your dictionary) that 2 of our guys went down with this injury. It just so happens they are both high profile players so this becomes a big deal. If it happened to Ed the offensive lineman and Alfred the deep snapper, we wouldn't be talking about it.
JFTR...it's 3 players.

Deebo
Dowdle
Crosby

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT